Arizona to allow concealed weapons wi...

Arizona to allow concealed weapons without permit

There are 78 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Apr 16, 2010, titled Arizona to allow concealed weapons without permit. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Republican Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed into law a bill making Arizona the third state allowing people without a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
RobtA

Soquel, CA

#1 Apr 16, 2010
Arizona: undocumented aliens, undocumented weapons.
Drink The Hive

Orlando, FL

#3 Apr 16, 2010
I Love It Already.

"The Revelation Of Thought Takes Men Out Of Servitude Into Freedom."

R.W.Emerson.
Jan

San Jose, CA

#4 Apr 16, 2010
RobtA wrote:
Salinas,CA-undocumented Aliens, documented weapons and one of the highest murder rates on the Central Coast. Somehow I dont think Arizona will hold a candle to Salinas' murder rate!!!! And that is just one city here, there is also Oakland to consider.
xpertpen

El Paso, TX

#5 Apr 17, 2010
Yes, thank you AZ, I just know this will pay dividens.
Now TX, lets hear from you.
P_Zon-ue

San Antonio, TX

#6 Apr 17, 2010
RobtA wrote:
Undocumented aliens DOES NOT EQUAL ANYTHING BUT undocumented aliens.

Take >YOUR< hoplophobia someplace else!
Gunslinger915

El Paso, TX

#7 Apr 17, 2010
RobtA wrote:
Guess that P Zon-U in Seattle took offense to your comment on illegal aliens. Since he is no where near the Border (maybe the Oregon "Border"??) and doesn't know anything about the problem with illegals, he doesn't understand what this law will mean to people who live LEGALLY in Arizona. Going to be the wild west there now, with every Arizonian having the laws and the RIGHTS to defend themselves. ILLEGAL Mexicans will be running over each other to get the hell out of Arizona. Come on Governor Perry, lets do this.
Not a Democrat Donkey

AOL

#8 Apr 17, 2010
The Social Services gov. employees and the California taxpayers better get ready for a possible invasion !

If Arizona's Governor actually does sign the Arizona State "Immigration Reform Bill" into law, there will be a mass exodus of illegals and their anchor babies leaving AZ. and taking up residence in CA.

Hey, what's another million or so illegals and anchor babies added onto the 3 to 4 million illegals that are already living off the CA. taxpayers ?

According to some CA. polls, you LEGAL CITIZENS are not opposed to the illegals invading CA. at all, and don't mind them leeching of the welfare system.

And some Californians even say that the illegals "actually do pay" for the 12 to 14 BILLION dollars worth of freebies they and their anchor babies take from the taxpayers annually. LMAO

Hey, I'm sure all the illiterate, ignorant, uneducated newcomers to the State of CA. will easily find high pay jobs waiting for them, afterall, CA.'s unemployment rate is only 12.6%!

Hey, Si se puede !
NObama

El Paso, TX

#9 Apr 17, 2010
Let the hunting for illegal aliens begin!

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#10 Apr 18, 2010
Only Arizonans who have a conceal/carry permit can carry a gun in a school zone in Arizona. The new law is worthless until the 1968GCA is repealed.
Gunslinger915

El Paso, TX

#11 Apr 18, 2010
Tory II wrote:
Only Arizonans who have a conceal/carry permit can carry a gun in a school zone in Arizona. The new law is worthless until the 1968GCA is repealed.
Not sure what Arizona Law you are reading. It is ILLEGAL, PROHIBITED ( for anyone)to carry a weapon in a school zone, UNLESS the weapon is within a vehicle, occupied by an adult and the weapon is UNLOADED. I think the school zone law is in effect for EVERY state that has concealed, open carry laws. The NEW law which allows for carry without a license in Arizona, goes into effect at the end of the current legislative session, July or August. What are the concealed, open carry laws in Illinois?? I think in most of the state people are NOT allowed to have a weapon, ammo. In Chicago, only criminals are allowed to have weapons.
donkeyman

Klamath Falls, OR

#12 Apr 18, 2010
watch the crime rate drop like a rock. way to go Arizona.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#14 Apr 18, 2010
Gunslinger915 wrote:
<quoted text> Not sure what Arizona Law you are reading. It is ILLEGAL, PROHIBITED ( for anyone)to carry a weapon in a school zone, UNLESS the weapon is within a vehicle, occupied by an adult and the weapon is UNLOADED. I think the school zone law is in effect for EVERY state that has concealed, open carry laws. The NEW law which allows for carry without a license in Arizona, goes into effect at the end of the current legislative session, July or August. What are the concealed, open carry laws in Illinois?? I think in most of the state people are NOT allowed to have a weapon, ammo. In Chicago, only criminals are allowed to have weapons.
No. In any State that does not have a 'State' school zone gun law, a person with a cc permit can be armed in a school zone. No person can open carry or conceal/carry in a school zone unless they have a permit issued by the State the school is located. Very few, if any schools allow guns inside the school (we are talking about guns outside the school.)

I am not referring to States that prohibit guns such as Illinois. Wisconsin has a school zone gun law.

http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/
neutral

Pacific Grove, CA

#15 Apr 18, 2010
mr pinkslip wrote:
I'M MOVING TO ARIZONA, BUT AM I GOING TO GET IN TROUBLE IF I BRING MY BONG!
Yes, AZ has a well-developed criminal justice system, and they're not afraid to use it.:)
Pants High and Tight

York, PA

#16 Apr 18, 2010
mr pinkslip wrote:
I'M MOVING TO ARIZONA, BUT AM I GOING TO GET IN TROUBLE IF I BRING MY BONG!
No problem, as long as you keep your pants UP! Bong holin' is a no no around Sheriff Joe Arpaio territory. By the way, CA DESERVES all of AZ's illegals. You know, CA is quite proud of their SANCTUARY CITIES...police aren't allowed to ask for identification, or something like that...
Gunslinger915

El Paso, TX

#17 Apr 19, 2010
Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>No. In any State that does not have a 'State' school zone gun law, a person with a cc permit can be armed in a school zone. No person can open carry or conceal/carry in a school zone unless they have a permit issued by the State the school is located. Very few, if any schools allow guns inside the school (we are talking about guns outside the school.)
I am not referring to States that prohibit guns such as Illinois. Wisconsin has a school zone gun law.
http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/
Well Arizona does have the Law. You CANNOT carry a gun outside a vehicle with or without a permit and the weapon must be unloaded. So which states EXACTLY allow guns in school zones??? Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, none of them. Maybe it's just the gangsters in Illinois and Chicago that are allowed to carry on the school grounds, in a school zone?

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#18 Apr 20, 2010
Gunslinger915 wrote:
<quoted text> Well Arizona does have the Law. You CANNOT carry a gun outside a vehicle with or without a permit and the weapon must be unloaded. So which states EXACTLY allow guns in school zones??? Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, none of them. Maybe it's just the gangsters in Illinois and Chicago that are allowed to carry on the school grounds, in a school zone?
Nope.

Indiana allows guns in school zones, and Colorado allows guns on campus (and Utah and Oregon too.)

In crowded cities, school zones are everywhere.
CBOW

Reading, PA

#19 Apr 28, 2010
Was this great timing or what? Adopting the immigration law that mirrors the fed law on the books after relaxing the gun laws. Think the lawmakers were expecting a little unrest that the citizens may need protection from?
moving

El Paso, TX

#20 Apr 28, 2010
im moving to arizona. great laws , great state.
CBOW

Reading, PA

#21 Apr 28, 2010
If enough states adopt similar laws, they may need to deputize civilians. I always wanted to be a rent-a-cop.
Tom

Pacific Grove, CA

#22 Aug 27, 2010
I am a second generation America. My GrandFather came to the United States from Italy with his parents. I believe in border control. As Jay Leno said the other night we have embaseys around the world and troops that keep people out why can't we do that at the borders. Thats what I got out of his joke. May be we should have the people who hire legals and find and a reward the person who turms them in. If they are continue to follow there ways impound the property and sell if like the Goverment does on confiscated drug property. I am just one voice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Mirage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a home Thu white and bright 2
Youngstown Music Thread Jul 22 Musikologist 2
News Undercover at a retirement community (Nov '11) Jul 21 white and bright 26
Is Sun City the best place to retire in AZ? (Apr '09) Jul 19 Test 57
News El Mirage police chief: Speeding surges on Gran... Jul 19 I hate pigs 1
Epcor Water Bill (Jun '12) Jul 14 hibbz 21
News Accused child molester turns himself in to police (May '07) Jul 9 Boy crush bj 11

El Mirage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Mirage Mortgages