Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Health Reform

Full story: TIME.com

Missouri voters go to the polls Tuesday for the first-in-the-nation referendum on President Obama's health care plan.
Comments
18,321 - 18,340 of 18,915 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2014
June

Temple City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Hey ! I got this new product that made my wife crazy ! Its called Itread and it is really working ! you can check it out at www.itrain.com !
debate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

We need to get obama out.
John Doe

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

June wrote:
Hey ! I got this new product that made my wife crazy ! Its called Itread and it is really working ! you can check it out at www.itrain.com !
Someone with the name June who has a wife? Hmmmmm
Just Sayin

Woodland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

WHAT AN IMPRESSIVE LIST OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS!…
First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States.
First President to violate the War Powers Act.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
First President to defy a Federal Judge’s court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party, a violation of the U.S. Constitution.
First President to spend a trillion dollars on ‘shovel-ready’ jobs when there was no such thing as ‘shovel-ready’ jobs.
First President to recommend changing our National Anthem as it portrays and promotes violence and is warlike in its theme.
First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer Breakfast and activities.
First President to initiate a Cash for Clunkers Program to clean up exhaust that adds to global warming, then extended it because it was so popular — wasting hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
First President to bypass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
First President to demand a company hand over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space.
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company which state they are allowed to locate a factory in.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
First President to fire an inspector general of Americorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.
First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 90 to date.
First President to pledge complete transparency while campaigning, then hide his medical, educational,and travel records.
First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
First President to go on multiple global ‘apology tours’.
First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends; paid for by the taxpayer.
First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.
First President to repeat the Holy Qur’an and tells us that the early morning Islamic call to worship is the most beautiful sound on earth.
FIRST PRESIDENT TO DECLARE A MONTH AS 'LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, AND TRANSGENDER PRIDE MONTH!'
Time for a change..........

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Vote NO

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

NO NO NO
anna

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

no why

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
WHAT AN IMPRESSIVE LIST OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS!Â…
First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States.
First President to violate the War Powers Act.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
First President to defy a Federal JudgeÂ’s court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party, a violation of the U.S. Constitution.
First President to spend a trillion dollars on ‘shovel-ready’ jobs when there was no such thing as ‘shovel-ready’ jobs.
First President to recommend changing our National Anthem as it portrays and promotes violence and is warlike in its theme.
First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer Breakfast and activities.
First President to initiate a Cash for Clunkers Program to clean up exhaust that adds to global warming, then extended it because it was so popular — wasting hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
First President to bypass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
First President to demand a company hand over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
First President to terminate AmericaÂ’s ability to put a man in space.
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company which state they are allowed to locate a factory in.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
First President to fire an inspector general of Americorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.
First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 90 to date.
First President to pledge complete transparency while campaigning, then hide his medical, educational,and travel records.
First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
First President to go on multiple global ‘apology tours’.
First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends; paid for by the taxpayer.
First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.
First President to repeat the Holy QurÂ’an and tells us that the early morning Islamic call to worship is the most beautiful sound on earth.
FIRST PRESIDENT TO DECLARE A MONTH AS 'LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, AND TRANSGENDER PRIDE MONTH!'
Time for a change..........
You copy and paste a list of already debunked lies, from a conservative extremist blog sight, and try to pass it off as your own work or "research"?

Poor little gullible sheeple!

I guess the far right still hasn't come up with any factual reasons to vote obama out, so they just keep passing around the lists of crap they make up..
oh ya

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

very true

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

OK folks aint nothin free.
Weknowbetter

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

How can such a reputable company (FHTM) which is supposedly built on religious principles of honesty and ethics tolerate having their leaders with such horrid backgrounds?

"Todd Rowland's mistress is married to a convicted child molester and sexual predator. Thats right - the infamous Woodson Gardner's husband Clay is a felon".

Wappapello, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

The healthcare system needs reform. No I am not "irresponsible" because I have no healthcare, I am one of those people who fall between the cracks. Too poor to afford my own and too (LOL)rich for welfare.The jobs that have health care packages are not close to home so it cost more to get to work than I would make. In today's economy Gasoline is on the top of my budget,then housing,electricity ,etc. Anyone have any other bright Ideas?????
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

NewBIE wrote:
The healthcare system needs reform. No I am not "irresponsible" because I have no healthcare, I am one of those people who fall between the cracks. Too poor to afford my own and too (LOL)rich for welfare.The jobs that have health care packages are not close to home so it cost more to get to work than I would make. In today's economy Gasoline is on the top of my budget,then housing,electricity ,etc. Anyone have any other bright Ideas?????
I understand you are in a difficult position, however, I don't think Obamacare is the answer. What people don't realize is that this thing is not just about healthcare. There is much more involved that would have devastating affects on all of the middle income people. Whatever middle income is anymore! What used to cost $100 in groceries, now costs $175-200 in the last 4 years! I don't see anything getting better unless we have a presidential change and hopefully that will help.........but not an instant fix I am sure.

If the government controls healthcare, they control our lives. It would just be the beginning of telling us what we can and cannot do. Rather scary!

CHEERS!

gullible much?

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>I understand you are in a difficult position, however, I don't think Obamacare is the answer. What people don't realize is that this thing is not just about healthcare. There is much more involved that would have devastating affects on all of the middle income people. Whatever middle income is anymore! What used to cost $100 in groceries, now costs $175-200 in the last 4 years! I don't see anything getting better unless we have a presidential change and hopefully that will help.........but not an instant fix I am sure.

If the government controls healthcare, they control our lives. It would just be the beginning of telling us what we can and cannot do. Rather scary!

CHEERS!
Inflation under Obama has been less than Bush, or Clinton.

Where do you people get these funky numbers?

Let me guess, personal experience?

You shop all over the nation throughout the year and compare prices of every retail item month over month and year over year. Wouldn't it be great if there was already a group of people out there that did that?

Even Romney just sticks to gasoline, because to say that inflation in general is higher than previous years would just be an outright lie! And Romney would never want to lie or mislead the public about Obama's record.

If Romney gets elected, will fox call him a failed president if things don't improve within 6 weeks? Or is that just reserved spin for presidents that don't cater to Australian news mogels?
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>I understand you are in a difficult position, however, I don't think Obamacare is the answer. What people don't realize is that this thing is not just about healthcare. There is much more involved that would have devastating affects on all of the middle income people. Whatever middle income is anymore! What used to cost $100 in groceries, now costs $175-200 in the last 4 years! I don't see anything getting better unless we have a presidential change and hopefully that will help.........but not an instant fix I am sure.

CHEERS!
Obamacare doesn't give control of healthcare to the government, just oversight. Your policy will still be through a private insurer, that insurer just has rules to follow to benefit the patient.

Like no lifetime maximum coverage, preexisting conditions will be covered, they can't drop your coverage or increase your rates like they have been able to in the past.

There will be no incentive for insurers to deny treatments to patients just so they can save a buck and pay out bigger bonuses to the executives. They will be held to 80-85 percent of all premiums paid going to patient care, if they make over that amount, it goes back to the people paying premiums, via cut check or lowered premiums for the next year.
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="gullible much? "]<quoted text>
You shop all over the nation throughout the year and compare prices of every retail item month over month and year over year. Wouldn't it be great if there was already a group of people out there that did that?
Even Romney just sticks to gasoline, because to say that inflation in general is higher than previous years would just be an outright lie! And Romney would never want to lie or mislead the public about Obama's record.
If Romney gets elected, will fox call him a failed president if things don't improve within 6 weeks? Or is that just reserved spin for presidents that don't cater to Australian news mogels?[/QUOTE]

Apparently, you have plenty of money and don't pay attention to prices or you don't shop much. Yes, I know from personal experience how much prices are going up.

How could anybody clean up this mess in 6 wks? I believe Obama is the professional liar here.
CHEERS!
gullible much?

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

Norton wrote:
[QUOTE who="gullible much? "]<quoted text>
If Romney gets elected, will fox call him a failed president if things don't improve within 6 weeks? Or is that just reserved spin for presidents that don't cater to Australian news mogels? "

Apparently, you have plenty of money and don't pay attention to prices or you don't shop much. Yes, I know from personal experience how much prices are going up.

How could anybody clean up this mess in 6 wks? I believe Obama is the professional liar here.
CHEERS!
I have plenty of money, but more than that, I have plenty of time to do the research into inflation numbers, it took me 5 minutes to find the numbers and a couple hours to do a little math.

The CPI is what your espousing has increased more under Obama than previous administrations. It's just not a fact, even figuring in the price increase in gas, this administration still has less of an increase than most others.

Here, I'll help you with the first step with a nice link, but I've tried in the past to help NeoCons through the math, but basic addition and subtraction seem to be beyond most of them.

http://www.bls.gov/cpi/#tables

And Fox was complaining about Obama not making strides in the economy 6 weeks after inauguration.
Look it up, it's not my expectations, it's apparently the conservatives expectations. Romney will make strides quickly, just not in the right direction.
Hmm

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

We all had better open our eyes to this because of it's supposed to be such a good thing then why will all government employees have a different health plan other than all us simple minded americans. Better nip it In the bud now while we can or we will really be in another world of hurt caused by our goverment that knows what's best for all human kind. By the way how many of you realize that when social security and Medicare is taken out of your paychecks that your employer has to match it. You pay $100 and your employer has to pay $100 (just an example). But that's alot of your own money that you could be investing and probably actually do a better job at it
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Hmm wrote:
We all had better open our eyes to this because of it's supposed to be such a good thing then why will all government employees have a different health plan other than all us simple minded americans.
They won't have a different plan, every government employee, yes including congress and the President, will have to participate.

Get educated!

As for privatizing social security? If everyone were great investors like you, then it would work perfectly. However, a majority of Americans would just spend the extra money every month, and then still depend on you, me, and government programs, to take care of them when they get to old to work.

Privatizing won't save anyone any money in the long run, forcing them to pay upfront is the only way to keep them from forcing us to pay more later.

But we all know conservatives don't like to look ahead to the repercussions of their actions, after all, it's in the name!

Hmm

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="gullible much?"]<quoted text>They won't have a different plan, every government employee, yes including congress and the President, will have to participate.

Get educated!

As for privatizing social security? If everyone were great investors like you, then it would work perfectly. However, a majority of Americans would just spend the extra money every month, and then still depend on you, me, and government programs, to take care of them when they get to old to work.

Privatizing won't save anyone any money in the long run, forcing them to pay upfront is the only way to keep them from forcing us to pay more later.

But we all know conservatives don't like to look ahead to the repercussions of their actions, after all, it's in the name![/QUOTE]
Not gullible - have actual facts my nephew just found out today that at the beginning of the year his insurance for himself is going to cost him $6000.00 for his and only his Obamacare health insurance. You say get educated do you even know why health insurance was even started? I am not a Liberal, Conservative, democrat or a Republican - I AM AN AMERICAN !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

El Dorado Springs News Video

•••
•••

El Dorado Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Dorado Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE