Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri in 2010?

Posted in the El Dorado Springs Forum

Comments (Page 3,370)

Showing posts 67,381 - 67,400 of92,194
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whos The Empty Chai Now

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my point again. Someone states their opinion and you spew vulgarities or insult where they live or in other ways, end result...."showing no class." I'm not sure how where someone would reside would represent that person's class, intelligence, morals, etc, etc. for your information I have my D.C.L (Doctorate of Civil Law) and my husband works for a very successful engineering firm. We live near Park Hills, however what does that matter? There are a lot of other successful people in the town just like us that live around here. Of course we have those that are not as well off or as fortunate as some, as I am sure you have in your town. I would never insult them or consider the entire community beneath another because some are less fortunate than others. As I assume that is what you are implying by your constant "comebacks" of "from a person in Park Hills..."
If you don't agree with someone, that's your right no one has an issue with that. I just believe people should not be attacked for what they believe (or where they are from). Shame on you. Next time have a response with substance, something to be proud of, something to make your party affiliation proud. My goodness, stop embarrassing yourself and respond with a legit answer to defend what you believe.
This is Topix...Now who's Embarraseed ????

I'd love to see things your way...but unlike you stupid consevatrolls "I CAN'T GET MY HEAD UP MY ASS LIKE YOU CAN"

There is nothing to discuss with you ...I mock your ignorance and stupidity ...comprende?
Whos The Empty Chair Now

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
If you live anywhere on this planet, you know the Libya thing is a mess and gets worse every day. Who do you think you are fooling? You just can't admit it. Nice try! Yep, people are getting dumber every day!
You just proved it!
CHEERS!
Norton... You just proved again ...that the RAPTURE hasn't or won't happen... we'll see you around LOSER!

God Bless
CHEERS!
Whos The Empty Chair Now

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

1Watt Hermit wrote:
I surprised the TeaBirchers are still hanging around. Raising your profiles by showing that the Obama brainwashing programs have gaps in coverage. It just makes it easier for Agenda 21 agents to track you down and haul you off to FEMA camps.
You should really be in your bunkers without any contact with the outside world so you can hold out as long as possible.
No kidding...they are really pathetic now...hahahahahahahaha

Good Post!
Whos The Empty Chair Now

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

MarylandHeights growup wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't agree more! I think this person is bored and knows nothing of politics so instead of giving supporting facts they scream vulgar obscenities and throw tantrums like a 5 year old, lol.
You LOST ...You Deserved too!
DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Welcome to LIBERAL America

Game OVER!!!!!
Whos The Empty Chair Now

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my point again. Someone states their opinion and you spew vulgarities or insult where they live or in other ways, end result...."showing no class." I'm not sure how where someone would reside would represent that person's class, intelligence, morals, etc, etc. for your information I have my D.C.L (Doctorate of Civil Law) and my husband works for a very successful engineering firm. We live near Park Hills, however what does that matter? There are a lot of other successful people in the town just like us that live around here. Of course we have those that are not as well off or as fortunate as some, as I am sure you have in your town. I would never insult them or consider the entire community beneath another because some are less fortunate than others. As I assume that is what you are implying by your constant "comebacks" of "from a person in Park Hills..."
If you don't agree with someone, that's your right no one has an issue with that. I just believe people should not be attacked for what they believe (or where they are from). Shame on you. Next time have a response with substance, something to be proud of, something to make your party affiliation proud. My goodness, stop embarrassing yourself and respond with a legit answer to defend what you believe.
NO ONE CARES!!!!

You and Todd Aiken ...have made our state a laughing stock around the nation and the WORLD...Park Hills might as well be in Mississippi ...

I wish you would secede...LIKE THAT WORKED SO WELL TOO...or better since that won't happen...just roll your trailer home down to Arkinsas!

God Bless Your Lead Poisoned Little Mind!
CHEERS
curious democrat

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Whos The Empty Chair Now wrote:
<quoted text>NO ONE CARES!!!!

You and Todd Aiken ...have made our state a laughing stock around the nation and the WORLD...Park Hills might as well be in Mississippi ...

I wish you would secede...LIKE THAT WORKED SO WELL TOO...or better since that won't happen...just roll your trailer home down to Arkinsas!

God Bless Your Lead Poisoned Little Mind!
CHEERS
Hahaha, boy you are quite the biggot aren't you. Guess what Maryland Heights is FULL of white trash! Sorry to offend your family, LOL. Hey how about that toxic leak in the river in Elmwood Park? Get a life you freak! No one cares!!
Learn politics if you want to discuss them, don't be a moron.
Oboma Lied People Died

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

If Every Food Stamp Recipient Voted For Obama, It Would Account For 75% Of His Total

http://cnsnews.com/blog/ron-meyer/if-every-fo...
Take them down

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Since Obama refuses to help them, Israel is going after Hamas on their own. Gaza is getting ready to find out what happens when you mess with Israel.
The Muslim US Dictator

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I'm afraid that the U.S. could not prevent China from taking over Azores since obama has destroyed our economy, oil military, and everything else! How could a nation of Food Stamp economy put up a fight!

RED FLAG OVER THE ATLANTIC
China is angling to take over a U.S. airbase in the Azores.

On June 27, a plane carrying Wen Jiabao made a “technical” stop on the island of Terceira, in the Azores. Following an official greeting by Alamo Meneses, the regional secretary of environment of the sea, the Chinese premier spent four hours touring the remote Portuguese outpost in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Wen’s Terceira walkabout, which followed a four-nation visit to South America, largely escaped notice at the time, but alarm bells should have immediately gone off in Washington and in European capitals. For one thing, Wen’s last official stop on the trip was Santiago, the capital of Chile. Flights from Chile to China normally cross the Pacific, not the Atlantic, so there was no reason for his plane to be near the Azores. Moreover, those who visit the Azores generally favor other islands in the out-of-the-way chain.

Terceira, however, has one big attraction for Beijing: Air Base No. 4. Better known as Lajes Field, the facility where Premier Wen’s 747 landed in June is jointly operated by the U.S. Air Force and its Portuguese counterpart. If China controlled the base, the Atlantic would no longer be secure. From the 10,865-foot runway on the northeast edge of the island, Chinese planes could patrol the northern and central portions of the Atlantic and thereby cut air and sea traffic between the U.S. and Europe. Beijing would also be able to deny access to the nearby Mediterranean Sea.
And China could target the American homeland. Lajes is less than 2,300 miles from New York, shorter than the distance between Pearl Harbor and Los Angeles.

Lajes is certainly the reason Wen went out of his way to win friends in Terceira. For years his country has been trying to make inroads into the Azores and waiting for opportunities to pounce. There is nothing the Chinese can do if the U.S. stays, but Pentagon budget cutters, according to some observers, are planning to make Lajes a “ghost base.”

At one time, the facility was critically important. During World War II, the airfield was instrumental in hunting U-boats, and in the Cold War the base helped the West track the Soviets. Lajes was a busy transit point in the Gulf War. It was one of the spots where the Space Shuttle could have landed in an emergency.

Now Lajes is home to the USAF’s 65th Air Base Wing, which supports American and NATO aircraft transiting the Atlantic, and it hosts various other American military units. Its role, nonetheless, is greatly diminished. Peace in the North Atlantic and advances in air-to-air refueling have decreased the importance of the strategic runway, which is now rarely used by the U.S.

So from a purely military point of view, the decision to cease operations at Lajes makes sense. The effective closure of the field, however, would send Terceira into a tailspin. While agriculture forms the basis of the island’s economy, the base directly accounts for about one in 20 jobs there. Unemployment is already high, about 10 percent. If Terceira is to have any future, the Portuguese government will have to find a new major tenant for Air Base No. 4.

In recent years, Beijing has identified Portugal as its entry point into Europe, and Chinese officials now know their way to Lisbon. It is in this context that the Portuguese are already thinking about the planned closure of Lajes Field. They don’t want to invite the Chinese in, but they have quietly indicated they will have no choice if the U.S. Air Force decides to leave the base.

MORE:
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/332454...
The Muslim US Dictator

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Like the commie Muslim Dictator, the policies of the Union Thugs is causing more unemployment. They don't have enough brains to realize that they are destroying this country and their own livelihood.

TWINKIE MAKER HOSTESS TO SHUT DOWN AFTER STRIKE

Hostess Brands Inc., the bankrupt maker of Wonder bread and Twinkies, said it will fire more than 18,000 workers and liquidate after a strike crippled operations.

“We deeply regret the necessity of today’s decision, but we do not have the financial resources to weather an extended nationwide strike,” Chief Executive Officer Gregory F. Rayburn said today in a statement.

Union members “crippled the company’s ability to produce and deliver products at multiple facilities,” and “bakery operations have been suspended at all plants,” the company said in the statement.

Rayburn said Hostess will dismiss most of its 18,500 employees and focus on selling assets. Shipments of bread, snack cakes and other products will continue until supplies run out, he said.

The Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union went on strike Nov. 9 after a bankruptcy judge in White Plains, New York, imposed contract concessions that 92 percent of the union’s workers rejected.

UNION STATEMENT
“The crisis facing Hostess Brands is the result of nearly a decade of financial and operational mismanagement that resulted in two bankruptcies, mountains of debt, declining sales and lost market share,” the union said yesterday in a statement. The company “attempted to resolve the mess by attacking the company’s most valuable asset -- its workers.”

Hostess closed three of its 36 plants permanently Nov. 12, blaming the strike. The company said it determined last night that not enough employees had returned to work to restore normal operations. It will now close the remaining 33 bakeries and 565 distribution centers, the company said.

Hostess today filed a motion asking the judge overseeing its bankruptcy to hold a Nov. 19 hearing to approve the company’s request to shut down.

The company, based in Irving, Texas, filed under Chapter 11 for a second time in January, listing assets of $982 million and liabilities totaling $1.43 billion.

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

Since: Sep 09

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I should have said MORE companies will be taking their businesses to other countries! Geesh! Fortunately, I do not have to call tech support, but I am fully aware that many of such are out-sourced to other countries. It will only get worse! However, there are still MANY ways to make legitimate/legal/moral/ethical $ in the USA. It's about being creative and finding those niches.
Very true. Niches! The "big cracks" have already been filled in. And there are few "better mousetraps" needed.

Another solution is for Americans to stop spending so much. Many already have.
lol

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

So companies are laying people off, due to a part of Obamacare that doesn't go into affect until 2014? And the penalties don't affect them until the 2015 tax year?

Bullshit! They are simply looking for excuses to raise their own income, and trying to blame it on something that doesn't yet exist..

Probably because they think te general population is dumb enough to buy it..

Guess they're right about that..

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say I was in agreement with what they did? Absolutely not!!! You drew that conclusion about me yourself. Please explain to me how you drew that conclusion from my post?
In a prior comment, you said, "What you describe is not treason. Treason would be against the USA or constitution or aiding another country that is anti USA. Treason could also be from selling secrets that would harm the USA and turning on your own country. There is no crime in disagreeing with a president's economic agenda or wanting the president to fail."

There is no crime in "WANTING the president to fail." What IS a crime, or near-treasonous or as a minimum unpatriotic, is stopping EVERY plan to improve the economy of the US.

Is is not a CRIME for the "Tea Party" representatives to attempt to get the economy going again. They just ACT like it is. And everyone who is paying attention KNOWS it -- which is the reason 5 of them got voted out of office in 2012. Voters in general, and John Boehner in particular, wish the "Tea Party" nutzoids [my opinion] would just go away.

Since: Feb 11

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

big rumor about HAARP ramping up power, Operation Delphi to go full power 48 hrs before the U.N. Blue Caps arrive.
Head for your bunkers.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/210/1/...

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

1Watt Hermit wrote:
Good read on how things really work in D.C.:
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/nov...
Since the chicken processing companies hold all the cards, it appears that the individual chicken farmer has essentially NO way to resist the predatory practices of the large processing companies. Your cited article indicates that apparently this administration has been helpless to stand up for the rights of the small farmers.

(You can be sure that a Republican administration would not have heard the pleas of the farmers at all -- by not even holding government hearings all across the US, as this administration held.)

If you want to hear other sides of this story, talk to any soybean farmer in the US. He will tell you that he is almost forced to buy soybean seeds from Monsanto Chemical. These seeds are genetically-modified to resist the effects of various weed-killers, in particular seeds which are "Roundup Ready." Thus, mass spraying through the use of tractors or "crop-duster" aircraft is a relatively cheap method of killing weeds among the soybean crop. The weeds die -- the soybean plants live.

If a farmer keeps some of his soybean crop and uses them as planting seed the next season, he will find himself drug into a court suit for breaking the contract he had to sign when he bought the "Roundup Ready" seeds from Monsanto. I have heard of other types of personal intimidation and harassment of farmers who planted the seeds from their previous crop.

Typically, the "court suit" is held in an "administrative court," without a jury participating. The farmer will lose. Fines around here range in multiples of $100,000. As part of the settlement, the farmer will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement prohibiting him from telling his story to anyone.

No wonder Republicans support "big business," and "big business" supports the Republicans. The term "Koch Brothers" comes to mind.

(Note that we do not YET know the effects of human consumption of "genetically-modified " foods, or of "genetically-modified " animals, or of animals subjected to various genetically-modified foods or insecticides or herbicides. I will speculate that, as part of his "cost-cutting" efforts, Romney would have "gutted" the resources of the US Department of Agriculture [USDA] and the US Food and Drug Administration [FDA].)

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

1Watt Hermit wrote:
Ann Arbor — Over the next two years, the U.S. economy will regain the rest of the nearly 9 million jobs lost in the Great Recession, according to an annual forecast by University of Michigan economists.
Employment fell by 8.8 million jobs during the 2008-09 economic downturn, but the economy has recovered 4.5 million jobs in the last three years, according to the survey released Thursday morning. By the end of 2014, another 4.3 million jobs will be added as the economy grows at a moderate pace with steadily falling unemployment, the economists said.
U-M economist Joan Crary and colleagues Daniil Manaenkov and Matthew Hall predict the creation of 2 million jobs in 2013 and another 2.3 million in 2014 as unemployment falls from 7.9 percent to 7.2 percent during that time.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121115/B...
A footnote: If no agreements can be reached (and voted for) regarding the Bush tax cuts and the automatic (near) across-the-board US budge cuts, the U of Mich projections may not be quite as rosy. Not to worry. The US has come through worse -- consider the Bush43 administration.

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
If it weren't for unions, we would still have 5 year olds working 12 hour shifts. Try reading a history book once in a while, heck try reading your cereal box. You have to start somewhere.
If citizens refuse to work for substandard wages or substandard conditions, big corporations will always find poorer, more desparate people to exploit.
Thanks for the heads up, Hostess can do without my business anyway.
Herman Cain was quite verbose about "minimum wage pay" hindering his efforts to turn "Godfather's Pizza" company around. Cain wanted to abolish "minimum wage."

I am sure Romney (and many other Republicans) feel the same way.

(It would have been particularly ironic for Cain to have told his employees that they would have to work for "slave wages.")

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Question wrote:
<quoted text>
This doesn't hardly seem fair either, does it?
http://www.mediaite.com/online/some-dennys-re...
As a business, Denny's can add any surcharge it wishes to its meals. This will reduce Denny's trade. Remember the old "supply" and "demand" curves. Denny's is not the only "fast-food" restaurant on the block.(The "worst," perhaps, but not the "only.")

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
The defendant may now stand down.

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Oboma Lied People Died wrote:
Secession!
One pundit remarked that if all fifty states secede, there would be nothing ...
America is sick of going to the vomitorium each morning after learning of some new Obama abomination....
Perhaps you just have the flu?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,381 - 67,400 of92,194
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent El Dorado Springs Discussions

Search the El Dorado Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 6 hr SURPRIZE 6,873
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 7 hr Funny 18,911
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 18 guest 262
farm animals abused by teens (Jan '12) Apr 15 Brian 7
El Dorado Spgs was Great in the 1970s Apr 15 AtTheSpring 2
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Apr 14 guest 10,206
Jason & Ronda Weaver (Nov '10) Apr 14 Jason 4
•••
•••

El Dorado Springs News Video

•••
•••

El Dorado Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE