Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Dane T

AOL

#71433 Nov 15, 2012
Sad to see the 18,000 jobs at Hostess Bakery go but every business and every State will eventually collapse under the weight of Big Union demands.
different view

Irving, TX

#71434 Nov 15, 2012
Dane T wrote:
Sad to see the 18,000 jobs at Hostess Bakery go but every business and every State will eventually collapse under the weight of Big Union demands.
Hostess will be missed and it definitley couldn't come a worst time but let's face it , the union had nothing to do with them filing chapter 11 twice. Not to mention , the huge corporate bonus structure for the elite top brass, that's your real problem. Everyone wants to point the finger at the little guy joe paycheck but, in reality it's always been about corporate greed.

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#71435 Nov 15, 2012
Norton wrote:
I heard on TV last nite that people are getting dumber! Yeah, I understand that after this election. The Dumbocrats are getting dumber. I can think of 3 right off hand. Obama, Reid and Pelosi! I think Obama is in real trouble and I wonder how he is going to smooth talk himself out of the Libya mess.:))
Of course, we have Dawg, who has the answer to everything!...
1. I can assure you, "Norton," that you will not get any dumber.
2. There is no "Libya mess." Nice try, Neo-CONs. The story didn't "stick."

#71436 Nov 15, 2012
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather go down because I have fought hard in what I believe in, than go down after giving in to what I don't believe in. What about you? I agree the republican party is dwindling; however, for those few republicans who are truly standing on what they are rooted in believing, I have to commend them!
If you are speaking about moderate Republicans, I entirely agree.

If you are speaking about the extremist right-wing Neo-CONs who have hijacked the Republican Party, I could not disagree with you more.

#71437 Nov 15, 2012
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to disagree with you on Obama being dumb. I think he is actually quite smart..... it's his followers who are not able to think on their own. Obama will not be touched by the Libya mess. There will be one or more others who take the fall!
There is no "Libya mess." The only "mess" associated with the Benghazi attack was created by Romney shooting his mouth off before he even knew the situation. Romney showed his azz by not standing with the President and with America.

In similar situations, to their credit, Reagan and Bush41 both announced that they were standing with their President and with America.

Purely to get a political advantage, Romney did not stand up against the Benghazi terrorists as a true American patriot should do -- politics be damned!

I am sure that the Benghazi terrorists were delighted that their attack had split the US politically, thus fulfilling one of the objectives of the attack.

#71438 Nov 15, 2012
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Obama will not finish his term.....
Could be impeachment, his incompetence and far left ideology is crossing the the line of criminal. Could be a form of seal team 6, screwing with the armed forces making their jobs ridiculously close to death and causing death due to the far, far left ideology. Either way, Obama will not see it coming due to his arrogant narcissism and he will not be honored or missed.
I am sure that you were attempting to make some sort of a point. One more time, on what charges might the president be impeached?

I do not want any more half-baked propaganda. Be specific.

#71439 Nov 15, 2012
And yet another example of Republican hypocrisy:

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/3414-congre...

Ah, yes! Another case of "Family Values."

#71440 Nov 15, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
Where is Dan Mortinsane? He is always a good example of the kind of thinking that lands you in dumpster.
A public announcement: Attention! Dan Mortinsane has left the forum!

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#71441 Nov 15, 2012
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure that you were attempting to make some sort of a point. One more time, on what charges might the president be impeached?
I was struck by the humor and irony of anyone here asking yet another strangely familiar gray box CON troll here to be specific and to not just parrot back half-baked propaganda. Like he actually could if he tried to. That "a leopard does not change its spots" saying came to mind. You might be a whole lot more of an optimist than I am, YDD.

#71442 Nov 15, 2012
Dane T wrote:
I am also sorry to hear of the possibility that Hostess Bakery will go into bankruptcy. They filed to go into bankruptcy Jan. 11, for the second time in less than three years.

That's capitalism at its finest. If a company cannot be competitive, it goes out of business. That's what Romney said about the auto industry: Let 'em go into bankruptcy. It's the "Romney" way.

#71443 Nov 15, 2012
different view wrote:
<quoted text>Hostess will be missed and it definitley couldn't come a worst time but let's face it , the union had nothing to do with them filing chapter 11 twice. Not to mention , the huge corporate bonus structure for the elite top brass, that's your real problem. Everyone wants to point the finger at the little guy joe paycheck but, in reality it's always been about corporate greed.
Yeah, those Hostess managers always were a bunch of "Twinkies."
IToldYouSo

O Fallon, MO

#71444 Nov 15, 2012
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
I was struck by the humor and irony of anyone here asking yet another strangely familiar gray box CON troll here to be specific and to not just parrot back half-baked propaganda. Like he actually could if he tried to. That "a leopard does not change its spots" saying came to mind. You might be a whole lot more of an optimist than I am, YDD.
You caught that too?

#71445 Nov 15, 2012
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose so. I have always hoped that rehabilitation could work.
Tipped Romney

Ridgedale, MO

#71446 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
1. I can assure you, "Norton," that you will not get any dumber.
2. There is no "Libya mess." Nice try, Neo-CONs. The story didn't "stick."
I couldn't mark this message as 'I agree'with the green check mark. Because - just when you THINK Norton "will not get any dumber" he DOES!!!!!
Question

Ozark, MO

#71447 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
If you are speaking about moderate Republicans, I entirely agree.
If you are speaking about the extremist right-wing Neo-CONs who have hijacked the Republican Party, I could not disagree with you more.
I am talking about ALL people! I don't agree with everything you say, but my hat is still off to you, because you are very solid in your belief(s). You will not go down by giving in and going against the things you solidly believe in!
Question

Ozark, MO

#71448 Nov 15, 2012
Ralph

United States

#71449 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Be Specific? You must be living under a rock. No wonder you are a proud Demoncrat!
Question

Ozark, MO

#71450 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
As soon as the Neo-CONs fully realize that President Obama won a second term, they will (perhaps) see that continuing to try to ruin the economy will not help their political goals. In fact, American voters forgave the president because they know how hard the Neo-CONs worked to keep the economy down to prevent President Obama from having that second term.
(Look up the meeting on the night of the 2009 inauguration when 14 Republicans met to plot how to prevent President Obama from getting a second term. They carried out those plans by fighting every effort to get the economy to improve. In my opinion, that is downright treasonous. Ryan, Gingrich, and Rove were in that group. There is even a video of Gingrich being interviewed by Al Sharpton, and Gingrich admits the meeting and their goals freely. Since 2009, Rush Limbaugh also has said that he wants Obama to fail -- and thus America to fail -- and thus Rush's "dittoheads" to fail. These actions are not the actions of a patriot.)
If the market scares you, get out and buy gold. OR, you might consider buying more stock. You know the adage: buy low, sell high.
What you describe is not treason. Treason would be against the USA or constitution or aiding another country that is anti USA. Treason could also be from selling secrets that would harm the USA and turning on your own country. There is no crime in disagreeing with a president's economic agenda or wanting the president to fail.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#71451 Nov 15, 2012
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
Be Specific? You must be living under a rock. No wonder you are a proud Demoncrat!
In other words, you have no idea and are just shooting your mouth off. It's OK we understand.
Layoffs are beginning

Brookfield, CT

#71453 Nov 15, 2012
Question wrote:
http://www.theblaze.com/storie s/more-layoffs-announced-inclu ding-500-at-nbc-citibank-and-o ne-huge-obama-donors-medical-c ompany/
Wow! Thanks for this link! This is very scary! With All of these layoffs who will pay taxes to fund all of these government programs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim and Marie Mowry May 6 Fred 2
News Remembering the devastation: the May 4, 2003, t... (May '10) May 4 Anonymous snob 9
Any knows Chuck McGuire May 4 Anonymous snob 1
Hammons Walnut Company (Oct '13) May 4 Anonymous 6
News The pastor who could (Mar '08) May 4 Anonymous 27
Brian Sullivan May 4 Anonymous 1
White trash and rednecks May 4 Anonymous snob 1

El Dorado Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Springs Mortgages