food lover

Greenfield, MO

#21 Jun 8, 2012
Real Horse Owner wrote:
Food lover you must be a kid. That doesn't bother anyone besides if they did serve it you would not know it ( ask folks about the 70's)! And guess what??? The toxins in the meat would make you meet your maker. Now crack one off about that youngin!
No Sue Wallis is not a horse lover, she may be a breeder and we all know the problems actually stem from her kind.
Thank you, I haven't been called a kid in almost 50 years. In our area a lot of people who own horses either can't or won't feed or maintain their animals, I myself don't think I would be interested in consuming horse meat but some people do. As far as toxins in horse meat, the only way there would be toxins would be if the horse owner was medicating their animals, and just like the beef industry they have certain withdrawal time before an animal can be slaughtered. So I guess the question is let an animal die of malnutrition, or sickness, or offer a way to end there life another way.
Real Horse Owner

Cameron, MO

#22 Jun 8, 2012
Okay evidently the fight will have to be against the whole town. How sick.. Read the comment about cows, horses what's the difference butcher something. Sick I knew they must be back wooded but man this is bad.

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-rockville-unified...
Grayhorse

Quincy, MI

#23 Jun 9, 2012
For those sites who are “considering” implementation of a “horse harvesting” facility in your community. A few things that need to be considered in the overall scope of the project.:
Tax records – when “horse harvesting” was still a practice in the US.- The parent companies of these facilities are foreign owned, as horse meat is not a popular commodity in the US. Tax records posted publicly on the Kaufman Zoning site show an annual tax bill in the neighborhood of FIVE DOLLARS? How is that going to benefit your community, given the COST of maintenance and disposal of the waste products – many of them toxic – from the processing facilities? Additionally, history has PROVEN that stewardship of the land that they operate on is not a primary concern for these companies – not their country, not their problem. Take the money until the community wises up, and then move on. Why do you suppose that the states that USED to house processing facilities no longer want them there?
Job creation – oh yeah – minimum wage positions – so gruesome that the majority of those who are willing to take the position are desperate, and have no conscience with regard to the welfare or treatment of the animals they are “harvesting”. After all, they’re just a piece of meat – they just happen to be breathing prior to the process they are about to endure.
Traffic – many large semi trucks – rolling into your neighborhood – waiting their turn to offload their “product”– some of whom will be dead on arrival – Those animals cannot be “harvested”– and usually are piled up in an “undisclosed location” on the property to “compost”. You can look forward to enjoying the fragrance of their decomposing bodies on a warm summer’s evening while you’re grilling your food on the patio. And occasionally, if your dog manages to get out and go for a run, he’ll bring you a “souvenir” from his ramblings… Hopefully, it will just be an unidentifiable bone, and you won’t have to see the horror on your children or guests face when he brings home an identifiable horse part!
Just a few things to consider before you invite them into your neighborhood ….
Barbara Leonard SeymourMO

United States

#24 Jun 9, 2012
Some smart ass is marking a lot as spam. You must be related to Slaughterhouse Sue! Happy to say you're in the minority since over 80% of the US does not want horse slaughter and we're not going to go away! When I was at the city council meeting at Mountain Grove, I sat next to an older couple who didn't have horses but lived close to the proposed plant. They were there to speak against the plant and one of the reasons was that the man, when he was very young, worked for a short time in a horse slaughterhouse and he said he still had nightmares about it. He said it was the worst thing ever. Of course, the people of Rockvile don't hae to worry about working in this plant because the officials of the foreign owned company already have said jobs will be given to undocumented workers and not to locals (another Wallis lie since she keeps telling people about all the jobs).
Loosecannon

North Port, FL

#26 Jun 10, 2012
food lover wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, I haven't been called a kid in almost 50 years. In our area a lot of people who own horses either can't or won't feed or maintain their animals, I myself don't think I would be interested in consuming horse meat but some people do. As far as toxins in horse meat, the only way there would be toxins would be if the horse owner was medicating their animals, and just like the beef industry they have certain withdrawal time before an animal can be slaughtered. So I guess the question is let an animal die of malnutrition, or sickness, or offer a way to end there life another way.

how about let her slaughter them at the cost and destuction of your community, ive never seen such illiterate people in my life, you people deserve what you get but let this be said, the uSDA will not allow it until after the election so dont get your hopes up and you better do some damn good reasearch between now and then because you will be left with nothing but a grave yard and a bad name, oh yeah and the stinch.
Jake Anderson

Lees Summit, MO

#27 Jun 10, 2012
Loosecannon wrote:
<quoted text>
how about let her slaughter them at the cost and destuction of your community, ive never seen such illiterate people in my life, you people deserve what you get but let this be said, the uSDA will not allow it until after the election so dont get your hopes up and you better do some damn good reasearch between now and then because you will be left with nothing but a grave yard and a bad name, oh yeah and the stinch.
Put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer and stop calling people illiterate that don't agree with you.Get over yourself and check in a rehab center and get the help you need so in the future you won't sound you stupid.Go back and get A GED so you can learn how to spell and compose a sentence.With hard work you can become a productive citizen. Good Luck !!!
NIMBY

Jefferson City, MO

#28 Jun 10, 2012
Real Horse Owner wrote:
Food lover you must be a kid. That doesn't bother anyone besides if they did serve it you would not know it ( ask folks about the 70's)! And guess what??? The toxins in the meat would make you meet your maker. Now crack one off about that youngin!
No Sue Wallis is not a horse lover, she may be a breeder and we all know the problems actually stem from her kind.
Rep Wallis doesn't own a single horse.
Hannabelle

United States

#29 Jun 11, 2012
Here is a good article that explains some of Slaughter Sue's tactics - and why you don't want to believe her.

http://rtfitchauthor.com/2012/06/11/the-art-o...
the truth

Springfield, MO

#30 Jun 12, 2012
www.petakillsanimals.com Stick to your guns Rockville, dont listen to the hippies who have no real idea of animal husbandry or the real history of American horses, which have always been a food stock in the US uptil just a couple decades ago. Most of these people who oppose it are just welfare bums who are to lazy to work and are afraid they might have to get a job.
Loosecannon

North Port, FL

#31 Jun 12, 2012
Jake Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>Put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer and stop calling people illiterate that don't agree with you.Get over yourself and check in a rehab center and get the help you need so in the future you won't sound you stupid.Go back and get A GED so you can learn how to spell and compose a sentence.With hard work you can become a productive citizen. Good Luck !!!
How about you take some more bute and crawl back into to that hole you came out of.
Curt

United States

#32 Jun 12, 2012
the truth wrote:
www.petakillsanimals.com Stick to your guns Rockville, dont listen to the hippies who have no real idea of animal husbandry or the real history of American horses, which have always been a food stock in the US uptil just a couple decades ago. Most of these people who oppose it are just welfare bums who are to lazy to work and are afraid they might have to get a job.
I have noticed your posts from other sites and you seem to be very knowledgeable about all of us. You must live on a huge ranch or farm. Is that right there in Springfield? Maybe right between the freeway and hospitals?
I have worked hard all of my life, was a history major in college, served my country 1966-1967 US army, and have been spit on by hippies.(as I kicked their ass by the way.) I have been in the lumber business, Construction and transportation business, and now I own a ranch of 160 acres with horses (some rescued) and other animals. I AM one of the 80% of the USA that opposes the horror of horse slaughter. I am not a welfare bum or lazy and I can spell (uptil isn't a word by the way)
When horse slaughter was in place before 2007 you didn't see any horse meat in the market. If there was money to be made it would have been in every grocery store, with ads on the TV shows. The US does not eat horse meat (except for a few wackos that also eat a little human flesh now and then), But not horse meat. I was on the protest line at $laughter $ue Wallis' Mountain Grove investors meeting and I will stand up to fight against any horse slaughter plant in Mo. or anywhere in the USA It is a horrific business. Horses are not raised for slaughter, and are not fit for human consumption. Even the EU is going to require very strict regulations that will effectively ban American horse meat in 2013. So Rockville will be left with all of the pollution, stench, unusable blood and horse parts and a bad reputation without a market for their meat and a huge bill for their investors. All they will have left is a lagoon to piss in.
So before you start spewing your hate be sure of your facts.
Saynotohorseslau ghter

United States

#33 Jun 17, 2012
food lover wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, I haven't been called a kid in almost 50 years. In our area a lot of people who own horses either can't or won't feed or maintain their animals, I myself don't think I would be interested in consuming horse meat but some people do. As far as toxins in horse meat, the only way there would be toxins would be if the horse owner was medicating their animals, and just like the beef industry they have certain withdrawal time before an animal can be slaughtered. So I guess the question is let an animal die of malnutrition, or sickness, or offer a way to end there life another way.
You are wrong. Beef cattle and other food animals are raised for food and therefore do NOT receive the types of substance that horses are given. There is no way the food animal industry would tolerate the type and amount of banned substances that horses receive. Horses get these substances b/c they are NOT raised as food animals. Period! It is greedy and irresponsible for horse breeders and owners to try to wring a few more dollars out of an unwanted horses by selling it to slaughter, endangering the health of hose who will consume the meat. Sorry, but horses owners have to step up and take responsibility for ensuring their animals are humanely destroyed instead of worrying that they won't be able to squeeze a few more dollars out of the poor animal at the expense of the consumer eating it!
GEMO

Chesapeake, VA

#34 Jun 18, 2012
None of us prefer the sentencing to death or slaughter of any animal, regardless of the species; but, the reality of it all is, that we need horse slaughter houses as a practical alternative and solution to govern the horse population. Public Laws forbid burying a horse on your own property these days because of possible contamination of water sources and supplies; so, what’s the practical alternative or solution? I agree that the need of unnecessary suffering needs to be resolved in all slaughter houses, regardless of species ... cow, pig, chicken, etc. As for horse meat for human consumption, if it is untainted and USDA inspected, it is an excellent source of meat protein and an alternative to beef, pork, poultry, and other human-grade meat sources. If that is too hard for the U.S. human meat industry to consider, use horse meat for carnivorous animal food diets, just as other animal sources are used. The horse industry has crashed since the close of horse slaughter houses, and reopening of the horse slaughter houses is the only resolution to the over population of horses in the U.S. Do you really think that hunter’s get the shot exactly right for an instant kill every time, or slashing the throats of cows and pigs is a quick death, or wringing the necks or cutting-off the heads of chickens is instantaneous demise? Sit-back and give serious thought to all animal slaughter solutions, not just that of horses; if you’re going to sympathize with one species of animal, sympathize with them all; but the end result and reality-check has been the same for thousands of years of animal slaughter for human and animal consumption. Citizens within the U.S. need to ban together and offer better solutions to the overall humane slaughter of animals for whatever the meat by-product use is and not the concentration of one species.
chibbers

Lees Summit, MO

#35 Jun 19, 2012
Gemo you have some valid points and I don't completely disagree. The problem I have most is WHO will be running it. Sue Wallis, Unified Equine and her foreign affiliates run a dishonest and disgusting operation. No concern whatsoever for the people, our environment, or the animals in their "care".
1) Google the Forbes photo gallery on this company and how they did things in Texas and Illinois. Horses that caused trouble had their eyes gouged out.
2) They devised a pump that forced horse blood into the city's water system. The system backed up, and much to the horror of local residents, blood filled their bathtubs and sinks. The tiny, 160 resident town of Rockville will be even less capable of handling 1.5 million gallons of tainted blood per year.
3) The cost of the USDA to oversee this operation was in the millions, so this foreign company could make their millions and provide MINIMUM WAGE jobs to a few FOREIGN Hispanic workers.
4) The health violations cost the city hundreds of thousands in litigation as the company dragged its feet as long as they possibly could in every instance.
5) The stench and pollution to locals was unbearable. This foreign company dumped massive amounts of toxic blood and offal into local rivers and streams.
6) Sue Wallis told every lie in the book to get her foot in the door, such as, "we will hire locally and provide a competitive wage" then proceeded to hire mainly illegal immigrants.
7) Horse thievery became epidemic in every area they operated in. STOLEN HORSES WERE PUT TO THE FRONT OF THE SLAUGHTER LINE. These are only a few of the reasons Sue Wallis and her "Unified Equine" have been thrown out of every city they operated in.
This is a thoroughly SLEAZY operation, but the folks in Rockville have been so hard hit by unemployment that they’re willing to do just about anything. The local paper hasn’t been telling the whole truth, but it seems they’re spouting the rhetoric of this company. I think if the people knew the facts about this operation they’d change their minds.
For your perusal…
MacPherson Law Center to Attorney Dan Erdel: https://www.box.com/s/8390d499424abbcc7e97
Letter from former Mayor of Kaufman, TX, Paula Bacon: http://www.animallawcoalition.com/horse-slaug...
http://www.mothernaturesminiatures.com/HTMLob...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/vickeryeckhoff/20...
http://www.change.org/petitions/unified-equin...
Curt

United States

#36 Jun 20, 2012
Tuesday June 19 2012 the U.S. House of Representatives appropriation committee passed the Moran amendment that restores landguage to the Agricultural Bill that blocks USDA inspections of Horse Slaughter facilities. That effectively kills horse slaughter in the U.S. and the plant at Rockville. The bill still has to pass the full House and Senate but it did last year overwhelmingly. The language to replace funding for inspectors was reinserted by Kingsley, Kohl and our own Roy Blunt in a reconcilliation committee deal and Obama was forced to sign or veto the entire Agricultural bill. So today is a victory for Horses, It's a win win for the horse, Missouri and the entire USA. 70% to 80% of Americans are opposed to Horse Slaughter so Roy Blunt went against the will of the people....Let's vote him out!
Melissa Stacy

Johnson City, TN

#37 Nov 16, 2012
I only recently learned that horse slaughter houses existed. It has upset me to know that people want horse slaughter houses to exist in America. I have watched videos, and seen images on the internet about the horror those horses are forced to endure at the hands of humanity. It's discusting, and horse slaughter houses should not even be considered. Our decision makers sent thousands of American jobs to other countries, and hurt the American people that lost them. Now they want to put our beautiful horses at their mercy to create jobs for people. What kind of person would want to work in such a place?
Melissa Stacy

Johnson City, TN

#38 Nov 17, 2012
I don't think horse slaughter houses should be allowed to exist in the united states or any other country. It is cruelty and unexcusable. No matter who we are or what we are, noone is an exemption for judgement day.
HEADS UP

Morristown, TN

#39 Nov 28, 2012
The Wicked Witch of Wyoming will be coming to your area next week the first week of December.For Horse Slaughter related business.If you People Don't want this you better speak up.
HEADS UP

Morristown, TN

#40 Nov 28, 2012
She gave a radio interview and said she was sure this was going to happen.She said she thought she may get the okay as early as December.
Chin Lee

Lees Summit, MO

#41 Dec 3, 2012
HEADS UP wrote:
She gave a radio interview and said she was sure this was going to happen.She said she thought she may get the okay as early as December.
Hello im Chin Lee and i got me a hankering for some good ole horse meat.I wuv horse chop suey,horse chow mein,horse with fried rice,horse with snow pea pods,sesame horse with orange peel,horse with broccoli and mushrooms on a big ole bed or rice covered in spicy brown sauce.Im here to tell ya these big boys don't taste like chicken they are sooooo much better.I really had nothing against Mr.Ed but im pretty sure Wilber gobbled him up.Im Chin Lee the hungry Chink!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISO Gloria J Stricklin/Charles E Dec 11 jenniflower 1
police department Oct '14 tiger 2
The pastor who could (Mar '08) Aug '14 truth 18
"Right To Farm" sells out Missouri to China Aug '14 Jerry Foster 1
Two drivers hurt in traffic accident in Vernon ... Jul '14 becky mccollum 1
Another Community Wages Battle Over Sewage (May '08) Jul '14 Resident 4
whats happening in Stockton? Jul '14 LetItMarinate 1

El Dorado Springs News Video

More from around the web

El Dorado Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

El Dorado Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado Springs

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:25 pm PST

NBC Sports 4:25PM
Will St. Louis' defense shut down Eli Manning?
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
Previewing Giants vs. Rams
Bleacher Report 8:44 PM
Complete Week 16 Preview for New York
Bleacher Report 4:32 AM
Chiefs' Week 16 Preview vs. Steelers
Bleacher Report10:58 AM
Polamalu (Knee) Likely to Sit Sunday