Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mil...

Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

6,400 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

FACT

Yates Center, KS

#7291 Jan 26, 2014
ck out how many responsible dog breeders that were shut down using your tax $$$$$$. The Dog kennel inspectors can violate a breeder for anything and everything . A lot of business have lost a lot of money due to prop B . And it will be the farmers next if we don't vote to stop this crooked mess.

“Thads Friend”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7292 Jan 27, 2014
FACT wrote:
ck out how many responsible dog breeders that were shut down using your tax $$$$$$. The Dog kennel inspectors can violate a breeder for anything and everything . A lot of business have lost a lot of money due to prop B . And it will be the farmers next if we don't vote to stop this crooked mess.
Sounds like. Your opinion. Not facts
FACT

Olathe, KS

#7293 Jan 27, 2014
Thads Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like. Your opinion. Not facts
This is Facts ! Ck it out. Google How many mo dog breeders have been sued by the Attoney General since Prop. B . Than google the calavary group .You will find that the intent of prop B was not about dogs. The united states Humane Sociaty used Prop B to get their foot in the door in Mo. And now we have the Right To Farm on the ballot this year . If we lose our right to farm we are all history. Please connect all the dots with prop B and the Right to Farm.
anonymous

United States

#7294 Jan 28, 2014
Calling it the puppy mill bill is the only way it got passed

Saint Louis, MO

#7295 Jan 28, 2014
bump it up
FACT

Yates Center, KS

#7296 Jan 28, 2014
anonymous wrote:
Calling it the puppy mill bill is the only way it got passed
That's Right .
I Know

Lenexa, KS

#7297 Jan 28, 2014
If the licensed dog breeders are in violation when the inspectors show up unanouced the breeder is written up .Violation could be a empty water bowl, even though you had filled the dish 10 min prior to inspection. Or maybe one of the dogs lost it's ID collar Etc. Inspectors can inspect anytime between 8 am / 5 pm . It takes all day to to do everything that needs to be done everyday in a kennel. such as cleaning pens,feeding,watering,breeding ,weining puppies,socializing puppies,vaccinating,clipping coats,trips to the vet.Mounds of paper work.Etc.
I Know

Lenexa, KS

#7298 Jan 28, 2014
The A- general was given the right to sue a breeder if they are in violation.The breeder can be sued $ 1000.00 per non violation. So the breeders choose to shut their kennels down.If you get sued by the A- general and go to court . you will need to defend youself or hire a Lawyer at $ 200.00 per hr. So the licensed dog breeders are damned if they do.And damned if they don't . So if we lose our right to farm in the election this year.!!!!!!!!! History.
I Know

Lenexa, KS

#7299 Jan 29, 2014
per violation
mess

Lenexa, KS

#7300 Jan 30, 2014
What a mess . So how many licensed breeders are left after prop b ?
St Louis Sucks

Ozark, MO

#7302 Jan 31, 2014
Yep
in the loop

Kansas City, MO

#7303 Jan 31, 2014
prop b is just the beginning . connect all the dots. The Right to farm bill. Affordable health care. Etc.
Jeez

Ava, MO

#7304 Jan 31, 2014
I like puppies
in the loop

Yates Center, KS

#7305 Jan 31, 2014
Jeez wrote:
I like puppies
I love puppies.However this is a very serious issure. A lot of good breeder have lost everything due to this mess with prop b.One day we won't be able to buy a puppy.Because their won't be any. Also other small business's are being put out of business . I for one am going to do what I can to put a stop to this mess and all of the lies that have been told about the mo dog breeders.
Looper

Poplar Bluff, MO

#7307 Feb 1, 2014
in the loop wrote:
<quoted text> I love puppies.However this is a very serious issure. A lot of good breeder have lost everything due to this mess with prop b.One day we won't be able to buy a puppy.Because their won't be any. Also other small business's are being put out of business . I for one am going to do what I can to put a stop to this mess and all of the lies that have been told about the mo dog breeders.
Yes, I agree this is a very serious issue. The fact Puppy Mills are breeding dogs in horrible conditions. Yes, I do understand people enjoy having a puppy to keep them company. But I disagree 100% with the puppy mills. They aren't right. If someone wants to breed a dog they should keep them in good conditions.
There have been a lot of dog breeders in Missouri lie about their breeding and breeding conditions. Some people will tell you their conditions are the greatest for animals when they could be the worst.
In my own opinion, people should put an end to the Puppy Mills. I'm saying this because I myself am an animal lover including dogs. If a person wants to breed puppies at least put them in good conditions. Instead of putting them in cages cramped together like sardines.
I myself am pretty sure nobody would like to be cramped up in small cages. If they think about what they are doing. How would they like being put in a cage? Put the puppy mill, horrible conditions, breeders in the puppies place and see if they like it.
fools

Olathe, KS

#7308 Feb 1, 2014
So many people were fooled by the intentions of prop b. The state does not know that you are a dog breeder unless you are licensed.And if you are licensed by the state and usda you have to be in compliance. So unlicensed dog breeders are still in business as licensed dog breeders are being shut down by the dozens. Licensed dog breeders buy their license and pay tax s. Why did the state go after the licensed breeders ?
Heather

United States

#7310 Feb 9, 2014
They are bad.

Belleville, IL

#7312 Feb 10, 2014
Everyone needs to pull together on this
fools

Yates Center, KS

#7313 Feb 10, 2014
guest wrote:
Everyone needs to pull together on this
You are so right.It is time for the licensed Responceable dog breeders to take a stand. These breeders have tried to stay in compliance to save their kennels & their dogs . As they are being targeted by the state enployees who are payed with our tax $$$$$$$$.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#7314 Feb 11, 2014
Update: This bill passed in 2010. Nov. 3, 2010: Missouriís Proposition B passed with 51.6% of the vote!

"The landmark ballot initiative now law thanks to Missouri voters, requires dog breeders to meet certain humane standards, including by reducing the number of dogs held for breeding to no more than 50.

It doesnít seem like much to ask for dogs, our friends and companions. But the initiative was fiercely opposed by breeders, agri-business, even the National Rifle Association."

https://animallawcoalition.com/missouri-voter...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News El Dorado Springs annual picnic to begin next week (Jul '07) May '15 Gitter Dunn 2
whats happening in Stockton? (Jul '14) May '15 Gitter Dunn 2
Healy PC el dorado springs mo. (Mar '13) May '15 John W 5
News The pastor who could (Mar '08) Apr '15 God changes 20
Information on Mt. Carmel Inn (May '11) Apr '15 harry lefferts 3
Anyone know anything about Breanna G. or her mom (Feb '14) Mar '15 Anonymous 2
ISO Gloria J Stricklin/Charles E (Dec '14) Dec '14 jenniflower 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Springs Mortgages