Atheism vs. Creationism vs. Agnostici...
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Religious Hillbilly

United States

#233 Aug 8, 2011
to Religious Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for one, how could someone conclude the credibility if your "evidence" because you've "seen examples of it." And two, I also have access to Google (like God, is also a proper noun)."The term 'homosexual' was coined by Karl-Maria Kertbeny in 1868 to describe same-sex attraction and sexual behavior in humans. It's use in animal studies has been controversial for two main reasons: animal sexuality and motivating factors have and remain poorly understood, and the term 'homosexuality' has strong implications in western society that are irrelevant for species other than humans. Such behaviors by the animals studied include courtship, sex, affection, pair
bonding, and parenting. Although such behavior is common in the animal world, it seems to be very uncommon that individual animals have a long-lasting disposition to engage in such behavior to the exclusion of heterosexual activities. Thus, a homosexual orientation, if one can speak of such things in animals, seems to be a rarity," according to geneticist Simon Levay. I am sorry to say I trust his conclusion more than yours.
It is true that others can't conclude the credibility of my evidence based solely on what "I" saw, but you didn't ask me to provide such evidence, you merely asked how "I" came to that conclusion.

Also, I'm glad you trust Levay's conclusion, as it helps prove the point that homosexuality DOES happen in nature. The concept that animals are "rarely" exclusively homosexual implies that some animals ARE. Perhaps you, having failed to convince humans of your bogus belief that such behavior is an immoral and unnatural disease that is an affront to gawd, should hunt down these animals and spew your hatred and intolerance of them by letting them know just how unnatural it is for them to suffer from their disease.
True Colors Showing

United States

#234 Aug 8, 2011
Religious Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that others can't conclude the credibility of my evidence based solely on what "I" saw, but you didn't ask me to provide such evidence, you merely asked how "I" came to that conclusion.
Also, I'm glad you trust Levay's conclusion, as it helps prove the point that homosexuality DOES happen in nature. The concept that animals are "rarely" exclusively homosexual implies that some animals ARE. Perhaps you, having failed to convince humans of your bogus belief that such behavior is an immoral and unnatural disease that is an affront to gawd, should hunt down these animals and spew your hatred and intolerance of them by letting them know just how unnatural it is for them to suffer from their disease.
Useless, uneducated rambling. As credible as all the bogus liberal politicians that believe everyone should be on welfare.
James kelley

United States

#235 Aug 9, 2011
Religious Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard some Christian PETA members are doing just that! It's causing a great disturbance in the PETA organization.
Fred Phelps

United States

#236 Aug 9, 2011
ALL who use rhe Internet will go to hell for interrupting the spiritual waves with rhe radio waves. Repent! REPENT!!
TRYING

Morgantown, WV

#237 Aug 9, 2011
I Believe wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe God is real. I have seen HIM work a miracle in the life of a sick person, turn a drug addict's life around, and make a life changing affect in a criminal's life. I accept on "faith" everything the Bible says, and know from personal experience, that when my marriage was in trouble, we chose to apply Biblical rules to our relationship and accepted God as the "overseer" of our relationship. 28 years later, I give thanks to God.
I Believe, Good Post! Another good post like yours is on the Union, Ky. Topix Forum, under the thread,[We serve a God who is merciful to all,]. last post , check it out, TRYING
DUH

El Dorado, AR

#238 Aug 9, 2011
to Religious Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Every species of mammal is homosexual? How did you come to this conclusion?
NO BODY cares about this debate....duh. OK, so James Kelly is gay...we all know that. Nothing anybody says here will change that. This has all become quite boring and no one is posting on Topix about matters that really concern our community, which I THINK is why this was started in the first place. Let the gay guy wonder about his own demise....PLEASE.
Fred Phelps

United States

#239 Aug 9, 2011
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
NO BODY cares about this debate....duh. OK, so James Kelly is gay...we all know that. Nothing anybody says here will change that. This has all become quite boring and no one is posting on Topix about matters that really concern our community, which I THINK is why this was started in the first place. Let the gay guy wonder about his own demise....PLEASE.
It's not about me at all, it's the Christian thing, all the other religions represented here can chat about the original topic, but when a number of Christians come around, it always ends up back on homosexuality. I guess it's all Christians want to talk about, I dunno......
Brain Fart

United States

#240 Aug 10, 2011
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
WE care about the topic, which is why we post here. If YOU are bored with it why come here? Despite what you say there are many threads about the COMMUNITY and A LOT of people posting on them, although it's much the same bashing that goes on here on YOUR COMMUNITY thread..
to dumbass

Walker, LA

#241 Aug 10, 2011
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh? What is this, 1995? If YOU don't care about the thread, don't follow it. Pretty simple.
Well

El Dorado, AR

#242 Aug 10, 2011
Fred Phelps wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about me at all, it's the Christian thing, all the other religions represented here can chat about the original topic, but when a number of Christians come around, it always ends up back on homosexuality. I guess it's all Christians want to talk about, I dunno......
Christians believe the Bible and it IS in the Bible, so there ya go, not too hard to figure out.
Wholly Crap

El Dorado, AR

#243 Aug 10, 2011
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians believe the Bible and it IS in the Bible, so there ya go, not too hard to figure out.
Various denominations and churches believe various parts of the bible.

If you want to find out who the real christians are, just smack em upside the head.

A real christian would turn the other cheek.
Crapster

El Dorado, AR

#244 Aug 10, 2011
Wholly Crap wrote:
<quoted text>
Various denominations and churches believe various parts of the bible.
If you want to find out who the real christians are, just smack em upside the head.
A real christian would turn the other cheek.
Smack you..My own Brother was GAY...I did turn the other cheek...and he is DEAD now. Wholly Crap!
Brain Fart

United States

#245 Aug 10, 2011
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
The point was that the thread is a out why you, your religon and why you chose your religion, it's not a Christian vs homos thread and were sick of talking about that......but thanks again for your input on the subject!
ps. Is there ANYTHING else about Christianity besides "thou shalt not....."?
typical

United States

#247 Aug 11, 2011
Brain Fart wrote:
<quoted text>
The point was that the thread is a out why you, your religon and why you chose your religion, it's not a Christian vs homos thread and were sick of talking about that......but thanks again for your input on the subject!
ps. Is there ANYTHING else about Christianity besides "thou shalt not....."?
The is QUITE A BIT more! THOU SHALL love your neighbor as you do yourself, is an example.
Face-ripper Monkey

United States

#248 Aug 13, 2011
I hold the belief that it is unhealthy for a religion to tell children on a regular basis that they are weak. If you found out that your babysitter had been telling your kids they are fat, ugly, and stupid, would it not upset you? Of course it would, but religion tells them they are weak and you approve of this?
Jackson

Mandan, ND

#249 Feb 6, 2013
Dumb topic wrote:
I'm a Christian, but I have more respect for atheists than agnostics. At least atheists have a belief. Agnostics just don't bother to believe in anything.
No... agnostics believe that there is no proof that a higher being exists. Well, at least atheist agnostics do. Theist agnostics believe that there is no proof that a higher being doesn't exist.
Johnson

United States

#250 Feb 6, 2013
Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
No... agnostics believe that there is no proof that a higher being exists. Well, at least atheist agnostics do. Theist agnostics believe that there is no proof that a higher being doesn't exist.
So, you pretty much didn't male any point with your post.

Since: Jan 13

Desoto, TX

#251 Feb 6, 2013
I believe in God myself but I don't follow any particular sect. I don't believe that one particular "flavor" of religion has any special access to heaven although I've met a baptist or two that seemed to feel that way. I don't quite believe in all the ways that the Catholics believe such as the way they revere the pope. I really don't believe in Mormonism since its all based on Joseph Smiths word and they really do have some quite odd beliefs.

That being said, a black preacher once told me this and I took it to heart. "By believing in God, I will go to heaven when I pass on." "If its all a bunch of hoakum, I'll still be just as dead." "If I don't believe and he does exist, I don't wont to wind up in hell". Rough translation but you get the gist.
its simple

Quinlan, TX

#252 Feb 11, 2013
from the beginning of time, or as far back as we can see, there has always been religions and spirituality of different kinds from all over the world, christianity isn't the oldest religion, but as the world came together we can see that they all offer man two things that seem to be very important to man, the thought that everything will be ok, and everylasting life.........man is just scared to die, and has created in their minds these ideas of gods that will give him that comfort......what the hell is wrong with just being dead....sounds ok to me.
(none of the religions can offer proof, you have to believe someone elses handed down word on it)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Billy Bob 41,488
Toddy for Mayor 1 hr SST 4
Great Food 1 hr QueenMary 5
Banderas waitress 2 hr Redneck 4
Jokes 3 hr Boxco 3
Uptown Fatties 4 hr Burt Fields 36
When my folks wentvto Africa Sat Joey Farnslidd 1

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance