Atheism vs. Creationism vs. Agnostici...

Atheism vs. Creationism vs. Agnosticism vs. Deism or anything else

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
aREALTopic

El Dorado, AR

#1 Jul 22, 2011
Anyone want to weigh in on your beliefs and why you believe as such?

Please leave out ignorant comments that include bashing opposing views or name calling. I know this will be difficult for some of you, but try hard to refrain. It really just looks ignorant.

Lets try and have a real, intelligent and peaceful debate with dignity, shall we?
James kelley

United States

#2 Jul 23, 2011
Theres got to be a God, the big boom theory doesn't add up, all the big booms I've read about destroyed life, not created it, as for atheist, they prove God is real by "choosing" to oppose Him, agnostics could be on to something, I claim Christianity, but i know with mans hand in the bible, it's a good bet that it's no longer original, so sometimes I feel kinda screwed.
James kelley

United States

#3 Jul 23, 2011
ps. People like my neighbors and the hateful posters on here seem to prove that satans real, so I believe those verses in the bible and I do feel I live a blessed life, so I believe those verses also, as for the rest, I'm not sure, it's too bad man revised and retranslated the bible to the point that it seems we have to trust a group of men to say it's all true. ;( these are my own thoughts, in a nutshell.
Dumb topic

El Dorado, AR

#4 Jul 23, 2011
I'm a Christian, but I have more respect for atheists than agnostics. At least atheists have a belief. Agnostics just don't bother to believe in anything.
Southern Cousin Lover

United States

#5 Jul 23, 2011
James kelley wrote:
Theres got to be a God, the big boom theory doesn't add up, all the big booms I've read about destroyed life, not created it, as for atheist, they prove God is real by "choosing" to oppose Him, agnostics could be on to something, I claim Christianity, but i know with mans hand in the bible, it's a good bet that it's no longer original, so sometimes I feel kinda screwed.
Saying that atheists prove god is real by choosing to oppose him seems very similar to saying people over the age of eight prove Santa Claus is real by choosing to oppose him.
James kelley

United States

#6 Jul 23, 2011
Santas not real?!
James kelley

United States

#7 Jul 23, 2011
I thought agnostics believed there was a God, but didnt necessarily believe in the Christian God, or the bible per say
James kelley

United States

#8 Jul 23, 2011
Southern Cousin Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying that atheists prove god is real by choosing to oppose him seems very similar to saying people over the age of eight prove Santa Claus is real by choosing to oppose him.
Ya almost have to acknowledge something to form a opinion against it is my point, you acknowledged Santa and YOU decided he's not real, which is why he gives me all your presents every year :)
Agnostic

El Dorado, AR

#9 Jul 23, 2011
Dumb topic wrote:
At least atheists have a belief. Agnostics just don't bother to believe in anything.
As an Agnostic, I believe in the absurdity of arguing whether or not God exists.

People believe what they choose to believe,(usually because of what they were taught as a child), and it’s impossible to offer tangible evidence to support either position.

A "believer" cannot convince an Atheist that there is a God.

An Atheist is will never convince a "believer" there is not a God.

Neither Atheists nor “believers” can convince an Agnostic either way.
Agnostic

El Dorado, AR

#10 Jul 23, 2011
James kelley wrote:
I thought agnostics believed there was a God, but didnt necessarily believe in the Christian God, or the bible per say
Agnostic is just a label for the "undecided"

Ask 100 Agnostics what they believe, and you will get 100 different answers.

People who label themselves Agnostics, are individuals, think as individuals, and do not band together to "believe" as a group.
James kelley

United States

#11 Jul 23, 2011
Ok, but do some beilieve in "god",,,,,just not necessarily the god of any organized religion?
Agnostic

El Dorado, AR

#12 Jul 23, 2011
Definition of Agnostic: person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
By this definition, someone who "believes" in god would not be considered an agnostic.

That being said, a person who believes in god, but not any organized religion, could possibly be thrown into the Agnostic pool, either by themselves or by others, for lack of any other word to define them.
James kelley

United States

#13 Jul 23, 2011
Ok, I was going on what someone told me, they believe in god, bit not the typical Christianity idea of him, and called themselves agnostic, so thanks for clearing that up......when I think about it, it's kinda weird to be agnostic, choosing not to believe one way or another, when I put myself in that position I'm saying..........makes me think I've chosen not to believe "in god", but just in case, I did t say I didn't lol,,,,,it's a weird feeling, I guess you'd have to be one to get it
I Believe

El Dorado, AR

#14 Jul 23, 2011
aREALTopic wrote:
Anyone want to weigh in on your beliefs and why you believe as such?
Please leave out ignorant comments that include bashing opposing views or name calling. I know this will be difficult for some of you, but try hard to refrain. It really just looks ignorant.
Lets try and have a real, intelligent and peaceful debate with dignity, shall we?
I believe God is real. I have seen HIM work a miracle in the life of a sick person, turn a drug addict's life around, and make a life changing affect in a criminal's life. I accept on "faith" everything the Bible says, and know from personal experience, that when my marriage was in trouble, we chose to apply Biblical rules to our relationship and accepted God as the "overseer" of our relationship. 28 years later, I give thanks to God.
James kelley

Gretna, LA

#15 Jul 23, 2011
Hey so what's the proper name for someone who believes god exist and he created everything, but doesn't believe the Christian bible or follow any other organization? Or is there a name for that?
I Believe

El Dorado, AR

#16 Jul 23, 2011
James kelley wrote:
Hey so what's the proper name for someone who believes god exist and he created everything, but doesn't believe the Christian bible or follow any other organization? Or is there a name for that?
Guess it is your call to "label" yourself. I am not in that business. As I see it, you believe or you do not believe. I am not aware of an "IN-BETWEEN" in the Bible. You might want to read it for yourself and see if you can find one. If you do read it, I hope you find at least some small blessing to apply to your life :)
Agnostic

El Dorado, AR

#17 Jul 23, 2011
James kelley wrote:
Maybe?

Freethinker: One who forms opinions on the basis of reason independently of authority; especially : one who doubts or denies religious dogma.
Free

El Dorado, AR

#18 Jul 23, 2011
Agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe?
Freethinker: One who forms opinions on the basis of reason independently of authority; especially : one who doubts or denies religious dogma.
Thank GOD, I am free to think "Christian".
Agnostic

El Dorado, AR

#19 Jul 23, 2011
James kelley wrote:
when I think about it, it's kinda weird to be agnostic, choosing not to believe one way or another, when I put myself in that position I'm saying..........makes me think I've chosen not to believe "in god", but just in case, I did t say I didn't lol,,,,,it's a weird feeling, I guess you'd have to be one to get it
Wierd to be Agnostic? LOL, maybe so.
But there are aspects of all religions that would be weird to someone outside that religion.
joe blow

White Hall, AR

#20 Jul 23, 2011
Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank GOD, I am free to think "Christian".
I thank our founding fathers to think how I want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pregnant Smokers 1 hr Just the Tip 4
Why did the city build a jet hangar? 2 hr Chas 32
New Section 8 Housing (Jul '09) 2 hr well 19
Airport terminal - Is it needed? 3 hr Upper Class 4
oil industry bankruptcy wave nears size of tele... 5 hr Southwestern Bell 2
Trump sweeps 5 states 7 hr smdh 47
my gf is stalking me 7 hr Common Sense 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages