Henry Shoeshine
All The Same

El Dorado, AR

#21 Sep 27, 2013
EVERY comment is dikBreath, the welfareFag. Change that name fk face. LMAO Show everybody how intelligent your ignorantAzz is. FkingIdiot. What a loser.
Supervisor

El Dorado, AR

#22 Sep 27, 2013
All The Same wrote:
EVERY comment is dikBreath, the welfareFag. Change that name fk face. LMAO Show everybody how intelligent your ignorantAzz is. FkingIdiot. What a loser.
get off my truck FAT ASS YOU ARE FIRED
Dirty balls on ur chin

El Dorado, AR

#23 Sep 27, 2013
Now that is some funny stuff.
actually

United States

#24 Sep 28, 2013
TGIF wrote:
God Almighty...
Henry NEVER got the support of the Mayor or the City Council. Many times Henry would be hauled up before the council and would have to explain (like they were children) everything he did for the Chamber. When Thermaflite came to town, the city nearly screwed it up and it took County Judge Mike Loftin & Henry to get everything in place.
So whatever support Henry received, was from the County, not the City.
You can defend the Mayor & Council all you want, but it just doesn't change the facts. Mayor Rash (yes I said Rash, not Hash) is as incompetent as the City Council is. Henry going to Dallas is quite a step up. I wish the best for Henry in the future.
There comes a time when you have to give up and start over. Time to flush the Mayor and the ENTIRE COUNCIL and start over.
He had more than just support from the city and county. He has to take such proposals to the council. That was his job. Nobody here is defending the city council, mayor, county judge, or chamber. Henry Florsheim has been resume building since Day 1. The development and future of El Dorado and Union County has never been his upmost priority. His own personal agenda and moving to a more populated community has. He squeezed together all of these projects and events, taking advantage of our local enthusiasm for a better community. Unfortunately, it is evident the right decision to hire him was not made. Bringing somebody in with the intentions of staying only for a few years while loading up many different lunch gatherings and projects has not put our community in a better position.

Now, our chamber will be left to pick up the pieces. By his making a lateral move, our new Chamber President will have to weed through the mess, deciding what to keep and what is irrelevant. From an economic standpoint, we are in no better workforce position than we were 3 years ago. Our local unemployment rate has declined very little, if at all. Regionalism is key for self-sufficient sustainability, but holding a bunch of lunches for each town to say "We're doing good" does not engage it. The only thing he accomplished was bringing attention to Regionalism. That's it.

What El Dorado needs is someone who can engage our local skills and strengths to improve the local economic numbers. We need someone that will put the community's future as part of his/her agenda, and we sure don't need another resume builder. These short-term goals will continue to be revised and become more costly.Success can be had from someone that brings in long-term solutions and an agenda to target economic growth.
Lois Lane

El Dorado, AR

#25 Sep 28, 2013
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
What El Dorado needs is someone who can engage our local skills and strengths to improve the local economic numbers. We need someone that will put the community's future as part of his/her agenda, and we sure don't need another resume builder. These short-term goals will continue to be revised and become more costly.Success can be had from someone that brings in long-term solutions and an agenda to target economic growth.
Sounds like a job for Superman.... Maybe Mark Smith will step into the phone booth.
actually

Little Rock, AR

#26 Sep 28, 2013
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
He had more than just support from the city and county. He has to take such proposals to the council. That was his job. Nobody here is defending the city council, mayor, county judge, or chamber. Henry Florsheim has been resume building since Day 1. The development and future of El Dorado and Union County has never been his upmost priority. His own personal agenda and moving to a more populated community has. He squeezed together all of these projects and events, taking advantage of our local enthusiasm for a better community. Unfortunately, it is evident the right decision to hire him was not made. Bringing somebody in with the intentions of staying only for a few years while loading up many different lunch gatherings and projects has not put our community in a better position.
Now, our chamber will be left to pick up the pieces. By his making a lateral move, our new Chamber President will have to weed through the mess, deciding what to keep and what is irrelevant. From an economic standpoint, we are in no better workforce position than we were 3 years ago. Our local unemployment rate has declined very little, if at all. Regionalism is key for self-sufficient sustainability, but holding a bunch of lunches for each town to say "We're doing good" does not engage it. The only thing he accomplished was bringing attention to Regionalism. That's it.
The truth is that I was in love with Henry. I was jelous of Kim. I thought maybe I could make him turn with talk of economic growth and movies about gladiators. How I longed for him with those lunches and city council meetings. Yes I was angry at the news he was leaving with Kim. I now realize I must follow him to Texas so I can still dream of our life together.
Watch The Homo Go

El Dorado, AR

#27 Sep 28, 2013
ALL above comments are theFag. Can anybody imagine having to live like that?
Eminem

United States

#28 Sep 29, 2013
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that I was in love with Henry. I was jelous of Kim. I thought maybe I could make him turn with talk of economic growth and movies about gladiators. How I longed for him with those lunches and city council meetings. Yes I was angry at the news he was leaving with Kim. I now realize I must follow him to Texas so I can still dream of our life together.
U know what I think bout Kim.
LMAO

El Dorado, AR

#29 Sep 29, 2013
Eminem wrote:
<quoted text>
U know what I think bout Kim.
No body care's what aFag thinks, FkFace.
Common Sense

United States

#30 Sep 29, 2013
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text> No body care's what aFag thinks, FkFace.
If you know that people feel this way about you, then why comment?
ggg

El Dorado, AR

#31 Sep 29, 2013
LMAO-- go to gooberpecker town.
LMAO

El Dorado, AR

#32 Sep 29, 2013
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know that people feel this way about you, then why comment?
aFag named Common Sense. LMAO.
Well said

Haslet, TX

#33 Sep 29, 2013
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't have placed words to it more eloquently!!! Thank you for breaking it down... Btw Kim pills bury got it naturally! Sad eldo's future is in hands of such arrogant ass people! The Masons sure have set a precedent...
Well said

El Dorado, AR

#34 Sep 29, 2013
Well said wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't have placed words to it more eloquently!!! Thank you for breaking it down... Btw Kim pills bury got it naturally! Sad eldo's future is in hands of such arrogant ass people! The Masons sure have set a precedent...
Me an 'actually' the same fagMF. I'm agreeing with my own ignorantAzz self AGAIN. Ain't I a smart homosexual to talk to myself. hehehehehehehehe. IMAFAG.
Common Sense

United States

#35 Sep 30, 2013
Well said wrote:
<quoted text> Me an 'actually' the same fagMF. I'm agreeing with my own ignorantAzz self AGAIN. Ain't I a smart homosexual to talk to myself. hehehehehehehehe. IMAFAG.
Talking to yourself again, theFag?
well

Chicago, IL

#36 Sep 30, 2013
Nobody else will talk to him.
Clark kent

Haslet, TX

#37 Oct 4, 2013
Saw mark givens massaging Florsheim right before they got into downtown phone booth... Damn if Bubba Long popped out n jumped on stage w Bret micheals!
Benn

El Dorado, AR

#38 Oct 4, 2013
Wichita Falls, TX is not a lateral by any comparison. They are a city has over
100,000 people and El Dorado is under 19k. Interstate 44 ties it to Oklahoma City. They have a large military base with over 12,000 employees and a very diversified economy. It's no comparison, it's a great opportunity And he'd be stupid not to peruse it. I'm happy for him and wish him the best! All the stupid posts makes the posters look really petty and stupid and sure the hell does not reflect well on our town. Anyone can read this forum and when you trash people for what ever reason, it is a stop sign for Anyone who might consider moving here. That's something to consider if you really care about the area and it's people. If you hate El Dorado, we'll by all means keep posting or maybe leaving to go somewhere you could be happy would be a better alternative.(For the teenagers posting the profanity...I don't mean you because I know you are to immature to understand anything in this paragraph and I just ignore your trash just like it's not even there!).
Rumors_Hurt_Ever yone

Woodbury, CT

#39 Oct 5, 2013
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually--Actually it isn't the Chamber President's job to try and get Companies to locate to a city, that is the Mayor and City Council's job along with the County Judge. The Chamber President put's feelers out and try to gauge their interest into relocating to a City then the City takes over and lures them in the rest of the way. The Economic Board and the City and County leaders offer what tax breaks and other incentives they have to offer to get that Company to move here. Henry had several, not 1 or 2 but several companies interested in moving here, some with potential of over 250 employees but didnt get the help from local Government or local people that owned land, etc. Good luck to him in Wichita Falls Texas.
common sense

United States

#40 Oct 5, 2013
Rumors_Hurt_Everyone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually--Actually it isn't the Chamber President's job to try and get Companies to locate to a city, that is the Mayor and City Council's job along with the County Judge. The Chamber President put's feelers out and try to gauge their interest into relocating to a City then the City takes over and lures them in the rest of the way. The Economic Board and the City and County leaders offer what tax breaks and other incentives they have to offer to get that Company to move here. Henry had several, not 1 or 2 but several companies interested in moving here, some with potential of over 250 employees but didnt get the help from local Government or local people that owned land, etc. Good luck to him in Wichita Falls Texas.
Rumors Hurt Everyone - The previous post was correct. It ACTUALLY is the Chamber President's responsibility to persue businesses to locate here. It is the Mayor's responsibility to take care of the current citizens with their tax money. The County Judge does the same for the county. It is great to get rid of this unorganized buffoon that just like to put together lunches and gatherings. Nothing productive. Call centers and restaurants isn't what our town needed. The city doesn't have the funding to cover the outrageous packages he kept presenting, due to state budget cuts. Hopefully, someone with more economic and recruitment sense will be brought in to clean up this mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary 4 Prison 15 min Fud 35
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 32,649
Bank Drug Policies? 16 hr Huh 20
Chemical plants are risky 16 hr Will Not Close 37
Hotshots struggling 23 hr HotShots Regular 36
Cute nice guy 23 hr Lil Wee Man 12
ElDorado Sonic Thu Sisters 21

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance