El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

The ice at Sonic had not been the good crushed kind lately. It's mostly these little 1/2" square pieces. The whole point of getting a drink at Sonic is for the good ice!! Anyone work there know what happened?
waitress

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Alicia wrote:
The ice at Sonic had not been the good crushed kind lately. It's mostly these little 1/2" square pieces. The whole point of getting a drink at Sonic is for the good ice!! Anyone work there know what happened?
Well, don't work there but... Those ice machines that make the good ice are slower than regular ice machines. Worked with one my teenage years. When it was really hot, ice machine just couldn't keep up with the demand and we had to buy ice from the service station next door. I'd almost bet this is what is happening right now.
Propecia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Next time tell em you want crushed ice ice baby.
FreezePack

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Alicia wrote:
We brought in new machines last week. The new Sonic ice will be a huge hit. Happy hour just got happier.
info

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

bettys old fashon has the best ice and you can get a large cup for less than a dollar go try it
Alicia

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

FreezePack wrote:
<quoted text>
We brought in new machines last week. The new Sonic ice will be a huge hit. Happy hour just got happier.
So are you saying the new machines have yet to be installed? Because the ice I got yesterday was awful.
not so happy hr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

it's not just eldo's sonic. i got the same 1/2" square ice in Camden a few days ago. That's BS. and eldo's sonic doesn't honor the advertised 99 cent large drink before 11 am either

Since: Jul 09

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

Judged:

I'm still waiting for the little animals on the cups to come back.
waaaaaat

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

If sonic doesn't have the small crushed ice anymore there's going to be issues.
Liber

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

waaaaaat wrote:
If sonic doesn't have the small crushed ice anymore there's going to be issues.
This.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

How the heck do they make slushes anymore?
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Wow love this comment lol true ....there ice in soda drinks are big chunks sucks
can it get any worse wrote:
How the heck do they make slushes anymore?

“I am a Foodie & I LOVE Pizza!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

waitress wrote:
<quoted text>
Those ice machines that make the good ice are slower than regular ice machines.
Yup! You are right on that. I have 1750 pounds worth of ice machines (they are rated on how many pounds a day they can produce! I have a 1000 pound & 750 pound machine "flaker"). Sonic uses "nuggets" that last a little longer, but I don't like them as much as I like flake ice.
They are usually a lot slower and the ice melts faster in the bin than standard cubes so you have to do some extra work to keep them going so you have enough ice.

They probably ran out like "waitress" said and got some from the service station. If you don't fill all of your ice bins in the coke machines and then push all of the ice onto the sides of the machine and make a big middle hole at night, then you probably wont have enough to make it the next day if you have high volume.

I don't see sonic changing their ice any time soon. They are PICKY PICKY about their ice and even the machines that COKE supplies them! They are "specialized" to also hook up to the "flavor pours" so they can just press a button and get you that cherry flavor in your diet cherry coke. Yum. That sounds good.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Now I have had regular size ice from there I had a feeling something happend at the time I was at sonic
RayZorback wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! You are right on that. I have 1750 pounds worth of ice machines (they are rated on how many pounds a day they can produce! I have a 1000 pound & 750 pound machine "flaker"). Sonic uses "nuggets" that last a little longer, but I don't like them as much as I like flake ice.
They are usually a lot slower and the ice melts faster in the bin than standard cubes so you have to do some extra work to keep them going so you have enough ice.
They probably ran out like "waitress" said and got some from the service station. If you don't fill all of your ice bins in the coke machines and then push all of the ice onto the sides of the machine and make a big middle hole at night, then you probably wont have enough to make it the next day if you have high volume.
I don't see sonic changing their ice any time soon. They are PICKY PICKY about their ice and even the machines that COKE supplies them! They are "specialized" to also hook up to the "flavor pours" so they can just press a button and get you that cherry flavor in your diet cherry coke. Yum. That sounds good.
This is our life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

info wrote:
bettys old fashon has the best ice and you can get a large cup for less than a dollar go try it
Go 2 the hurry back next 2 magneto service on NW Ave. large fountain drink 1.75 keep the cup refills 75c refill just ice (crushed the good kind) 27c
not me

Charlestown, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

T-Ricks and Dixie Food Mart(pc)and express way on east main all have "Sonic" ice.....
Yep

White Hall, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

I really doubt sonic just ran out of ice, this isn't their first summer. They are probably having some mechanical failure with their ice machines. Things break, it happens even at sonic.
Jay Montaine

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Judged:

I ordered a Route 44 the other day, it was delivered and i drove off when i tried to take a sip,....nothing . I popped the top and to my horror, found a Humans Turd in my cup complete with corns. I took it back for a freefund but they refused saying that I had probably put my own turd in there for a free coke, I expressed to them that I had not eaten corn in a while and it could'nt be mine, still they would have none of it. Driving off i noticed an employee standing in the rear of the drive in smoking cigs and, you guessed it eating corns off the cob!!
i am disgusted by this and will only return when they stop putting turds in the cups.
corn-dog

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Judged:

Jay Montaine wrote:
I ordered a Route 44 the other day, it was delivered and i drove off when i tried to take a sip,....nothing . I popped the top and to my horror, found a Humans Turd in my cup complete with corns. I took it back for a freefund but they refused saying that I had probably put my own turd in there for a free coke, I expressed to them that I had not eaten corn in a while and it could'nt be mine, still they would have none of it. Driving off i noticed an employee standing in the rear of the drive in smoking cigs and, you guessed it eating corns off the cob!!
i am disgusted by this and will only return when they stop putting turds in the cups.
Gotta call BS on ya dude. We all know Sonic doesn't have any employees with enough teeth to eat corn on the cob. Sorry.
Bill

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

I was just there two days ago. The ice is still not the good kind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Keep A Word-Drop A Word (Jul '11) 53 min educated 2,561
Ashley Scroggs Brummett 1 hr insider 22
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr guest 28,952
AR Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) 3 hr Green earth 206
Green Mystery Liquid In Creek 3 hr roboblogger2 4
guys with little ones keep reporting 5 hr Duck Crap 21
Where is the best dance school in El Dorado? 5 hr Wendy Morgan 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••