JJ's BBQ

Papa Poblanos

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Get real

Huntsville, TX

#1 Sep 5, 2008
Mels has a good atmosphere and pretty good food. The service is also good, but the price is a little high for just pretty good food. The rest of the names on the list beside Johnny B's can kiss a fat baby's a##.

Since: Sep 08

BF Egypt

#2 Sep 5, 2008
Mels has wonderful hamburgers

Since: Sep 08

BF Egypt

#3 Sep 5, 2008
but my fave is Dairy Queen
Mike

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Sep 5, 2008
Fayray's is nice to visit from time to time. I actually laughed out-loud at the Burger comment..Mel's being a Seafood place and all. They have a few unique good dishes...very pricey though. Also found the fact that our chain restaurants got any votes to be rather funny.
hoha galore

Camden, AR

#5 Sep 6, 2008
Old Towne Store should be on the list
tammie fay

Camden, AR

#6 Sep 9, 2008
mels is gaining!
LA dude

Tyler, TX

#7 Sep 10, 2008
Catfish Corner has the best burgers in town. Mel's has excellent po-boys. Johnny B's has a great breakfast menu. Papa Pablano's is hard to beat for Tex-Mex. But, for stuffing yourself until you hurt Abe's in Lawson is the place.
ONE MORE FOR THE LIST

Pine Bluff, AR

#8 Sep 10, 2008
My fav is Main Street Pizza. Then it would be papa pabalanos.

Since: Aug 08

Tyler, TX

#9 Sep 11, 2008
Catfish Corner has the best BBQ Sandwiches. I wouldn't eat at Johnny B's since I saw a cook eating with her hands off of a plate that was being prepared for a customer. Papa's is best for Tex Mex, but what's the deal with the chips? Why do they only give you half a basket?

My problem with Abe's is that all of the food tastes just alike! The Old Feed House in Magnolia is AWESOME!

BTW, I love Main Street Pizza, but the service is horrible.
Steve

Saint Albans, WV

#10 Sep 11, 2008
Let's be honest...most of what you are going to eat in this town is cheap S#^t. Would you go out of town..or travel to eat at most of these places? No you would not! I am a fan of a few local places...but anytime they can serve you lunch for 5 bucks you are not getting quality food. In fact you are prolly eating something that cost a buck or two at most to prepare...that is prison grade food! As for Mel's there..there are a FEW good things on the menu, but if I am going to pay 80 bucks for my wife and I to eat and have 1 drink each I expect gourmet..and that is not what you get. Abe's is perfect for this area...all you can eat...that is what most people want...isn't it?
Big daddy rabbit

Huntsville, TX

#11 Sep 11, 2008
The townhouse has them all beat for a lunchtime meal. I usually eat more than I need.
Food quality is good.
Service is good.
Price is good.
two-speed

Little Rock, AR

#12 Sep 11, 2008
Why can't I vote for my favorite, GOOD TIMES GRILL?
Tom

Saint Albans, WV

#13 Sep 11, 2008
You mean "Touch Kids for a Thrill"???
yummy

United States

#14 Sep 12, 2008
JJ'S GOT MY VOTE!
JOE & JOYCE ARE AWESOME PEOPLE GREAT FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE ALWAYS!
NEVER HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE IN THAT PLACE!
its just ballacks

El Dorado, AR

#15 Jun 25, 2014
I like JJ s
confused

Pine Bluff, AR

#16 Jun 25, 2014
You left off the best in El dorado, Bandaras! Old Town Store? is that a sit down meal restaurant? bonehead.
Gone

Plano, TX

#17 Jun 25, 2014
This is a thread from 2008. Many (5) of those listed are either gone or have been renamed.
Truth

United States

#18 Jun 25, 2014
Dorothys diner
well

Chicago, IL

#19 Jun 25, 2014
Jerry's Diner and Jewburger.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#20 Jun 25, 2014
well wrote:
Jerry's Diner and Jewburger.
Here we go again, but no one seems to want to discuss the fireworks display or Christmas Parade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 hr Reality Check 42,937
Communist law passed (May '17) 7 hr Rainbow 4
"Wheeler": Movie fimed in El Dorado (Jan '10) Apr 11 EldoMasterBlaster 81

El Dorado Jobs

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages