El Dorado, AR

#21 Jan 3, 2012
420........LOL
HELLO

Camden, AR

#22 Jan 4, 2012
typical wrote:
<quoted text>
www.dailynebraskan.com/2.3915/legailizing-wee...
"Marijuana's illegality is a matter of business history. In 1937, the marijuana tax was passed with help from anti-hemp newspaper mogul William Randolph Hearst. The ferocious and corrupt Hearst had significant financial interest in the timber industry, and when it was found that hemp - cannabis grown for NON-DRUG USE - could be made into a stronger paper, he fought for a ban on cannabis plants completely by printing frivolous newspaper stories warning of marijuana's dangers. The bill passed, due in large part of his financial support and, as they say, the rest is history."
"In 2003, when the National Office of Drug Control Policy reported the Government was spending $29 Billion annually to prosecute and incarcerate marijuana users, the negative public response to the report sparked the largest interest in the pro-weed cause ever. In 2006, a Time/CNN poll stated 72% of Americans supported marijuana decriminalization, which reduces marijuana-use penalties to fines alone."
www.thc-ministry.net/untoldstory/hemp_5.html
"For the first 162 years of America's existence, marijuana was totally legal and hemp was a common crop. But during the 1930s, the US government and the media began spreading outrageous lies about marijuana, which led to its prohibition. In 1936, the liquor industry funded the infamous movie titled 'Reefer Madness.' This movie depicts a man going insane from smoking marijuana, and then killing his entire family with an ax.
Shortly before marijuana was banned by the Marijuana Tax Act in 1937, new technologies were developed that made hemp a potential competitor with the newly-founded synthetic fiber and plastic industries. Hemp's potential for producing paper also posed a threat to the timber industry. Evidence suggests that commercial interests having MUCH TO LOSE from hemp competition helped propagate reefer madness hysteria, and used their influence to lobby for Marijuana Prohibition.
After Alcohol Prohibition ended in 1933, funding for the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (now DEA) was reduced. The director, Harry Anslinger, then became a leading advocate for Marijuana Prohibition, which now has become a government industry that receives billions of tax dollars to enforce Marijuana Prohibition."
As I stated, look it up. It's not a conspiracy. It's common sense, as it's revenue generation for federal employees.
Thanks for the info. I will look into this further, but my initial reaction is that WRH used his paper for the propaganda and that has nothing to do with the "paper industry" as a whole. In fact, newspaper has now become one of the minor products of the industry.
And speaking of paper, lots of Zig Zags and such have come from the paper industry LOL.
Cop Or Idiot

El Dorado, AR

#23 Aug 24, 2013
"hello" do you seriously not understand what typical's initial comment was over? He simply stated that the big timber business would take a hit, from the conservative ways of hemp paper. This is true, hemp produces paper at a higher ratio of plant mater to produced paper then trees, as well as the time frame. Cannabis would produce paper annually if not bi annually, while trees take up to 30 years before able to be trimmed and made to paper. As typical had to prove to you in the end, it isn't a conspiracy theory, it is business. But fuck business. Fuck blood diamonds and all the fucked up stuff that is hidden, out of sight out of mind.. Right sept for philosophers and theorizers. People who actually thank about the world and the environment on a regular daily basis can tell you more about life then the teachers who live stressed out life's teaching a more reformed topic day in and day out. Let my people breathe , let not big business and the electoral college make my decisions,. Media can me twisted by any amount money, rather a large amount or or just a favor. Have you never turned a blind eye for a friend for 50 bucks? Oh no you haven't? Well the rest of us have worked for that small dollar, for happiness. The thought of happiness in the dollar is present in the American population more then you and your half ass theory on the world would ever perceive,. Until now, maybe. No the dollar will turn heads, even bring out the evil in most. So when the theory pops in a civilians head about his or hers leaders, on how one law could be passed or denied based on big businesses influence or relation with, don't jump to some conspiracy theory stuff, bad shit happens every day, to not be worried about the patterns your government follows and abides by would be naive or just simply unsafe for your family. Terrorism, police brutality, governmental bribes, all on American soil, and everything to show a fallen dynasty. please excuse the grammar and spelling, just typed 2000 words in 15 mins. Thanks all for reading!

Since: Oct 12

El Dorado, AR

#24 Aug 25, 2013
I believe they should! I know so many quit older people who have smoked during cemo && if they could not smoke they ate it to help them eat and feel better! Plus when is the last time you heard of someone dieing of being too high??? Its always drunk drivers. Tbh it blows my mind that alcohol is legal and weed isn't.
Cracker

White Hall, AR

#25 Aug 25, 2013
Wont happen wrote:
One reason it won't happen.
Big Pharma. Legalized, marijuana would hit them so hard they'd be closing doors.
Pain relief drugs, the most abused medicines in the world, would be cut by a large percentage. You are talking hundreds of billions of dollars lost to a plant.
It is a weed, far too easy for anyone to grow. They want products manufactured in labs, synthesized by man, paid for by insurance/.gov.
You're exactly right. That and the fact that it would destroy the economy that has been built around the prosecution of it. Marijuana should be legal long before alcohol or tobacco. Neither have and medicinal properties and are terrible for your health.

Hell, the revenue and taxes generated by legalization could balance the budget. Not just with direct revenue, but in health care savings. Think of how many "dope heads" would quit going to their doc to get a "fix" when they could just self medicate. I think you'd see Xanax and hydro use bottom out.
Truth

United States

#26 Dec 21, 2015
Lots of smoke in town
lmao

United States

#28 Dec 23, 2015
The man with the little red bug.
True

United States

#29 Dec 24, 2015
They are bootlegging it here in town !
Joe the Grower

El Dorado, AR

#30 Dec 25, 2015
Yes!
sickles

United States

#31 Dec 25, 2015
Next step would be recreational use!! I'm all for it. It's Arkansas time to make some money!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Strong school board crooks : Do the right thing... (Aug '10) 30 min Toni Lynn Moore 91
Blair Coleman (Oct '10) 4 hr man man 137
Mitchells 4 hr Dude 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr Reality Check 34,266
Nicki Sharp 5 hr Bigjonstud 2
Cold beer and hot girls 7 hr Bear 20
Woo Pig Sooie Generous 7 hr Barbie 6
Yancy Kyle 13 hr what I read 33

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages