What is it like to live in El Dorado ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

El Dorado, AR

#22 Jul 5, 2013
El Dorado is a gem. What other town in the USA can boost that with a population of 19,000 (a guess) that has their own Symphony, a revitalized downtown area that was just voted one of the top five in the WHOLE US, an Arts Center that gets exhibits that the Smithsonian gets, a wealthy upper class (of old money) that reinvest money into the town, three golf courses, the El Dorado Promise, a local (thriving) community college, low personal property taxes, low cost of living, a booming Southern Theater District (coming soon)? I could go on and on. I've been here all my life (except years away at college and sowing my wild oats) and adore the fact that my kiddos can ride their bikes to school, someone will call me if my teenager oozes through a stop sign. Everyone seems to look out for everyone!! I hope y'all move here and love El Dorado as me and my family do!!
actually

United States

#23 Jul 5, 2013
reply wrote:
El Dorado is a gem. What other town in the USA can boost that with a population of 19,000 (a guess) that has their own Symphony, a revitalized downtown area that was just voted one of the top five in the WHOLE US, an Arts Center that gets exhibits that the Smithsonian gets, a wealthy upper class (of old money) that reinvest money into the town, three golf courses, the El Dorado Promise, a local (thriving) community college, low personal property taxes, low cost of living, a booming Southern Theater District (coming soon)? I could go on and on. I've been here all my life (except years away at college and sowing my wild oats) and adore the fact that my kiddos can ride their bikes to school, someone will call me if my teenager oozes through a stop sign. Everyone seems to look out for everyone!! I hope y'all move here and love El Dorado as me and my family do!!
Well said!
yep

El Dorado, AR

#24 Jul 5, 2013
reply wrote:
someone will call me if my teenager oozes through a stop sign. Everyone seems to look out for everyone!!
That's called not minding your own business. Good example on how people around here have nothing to do, but to get into everyone's business.
All The Same

El Dorado, AR

#25 Jul 5, 2013
ALL comments theFag. Go Homo Go. IgnorantAzzHomoMF. How ignorant R U Homo? Talk to yourself Gooberlips. LMAO
actually

United States

#26 Jul 5, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called not minding your own business. Good example on how people around here have nothing to do, but to get into everyone's business.
No, that's called being a community. People looking after each other and their families. Very rare to find in a town this size or larger.
Lol

El Dorado, AR

#27 Jul 5, 2013
reply wrote:
Totally agree. El dorado is the best place to live in South Arkansas, by far. Though to be fair, real estate is higher than it should be and there are more blacks than whites. But other than those two things, ElDo is great. All small towns have problems and we do too but the pros far outweigh the cons.
Lol

El Dorado, AR

#28 Jul 5, 2013
Now let's get something perfectly clear, I'm also actually, reply and everybody else. IMAFAG. My kind stank. We don't take a bath. I live on topix because I am an ignorantAzzHomo. DUH. I will sukieUdikie.
Redneck

United States

#29 Jul 5, 2013
Lol wrote:
Now let's get something perfectly clear, I'm also actually, reply and everybody else. IMAFAG. My kind stank. We don't take a bath. I live on topix because I am an ignorantAzzHomo. DUH. I will sukieUdikie.
No, you are the "All The Same" clown. We are one in the same.
it depends

El Dorado, AR

#30 Jul 6, 2013
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's called being a community. People looking after each other and their families. Very rare to find in a town this size or larger.
That really depends on who you speak to. Most prefer that others keep their noses out of their family's business. Doesn't sound like you've been here long, otherwise you would know what most residents around here consider to be a community.
happy

El Dorado, AR

#31 Jul 6, 2013
reply wrote:
What about the increasing number of gay people? That's good too, right?
Yes

El Dorado, AR

#32 Jul 6, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the increasing number of gay people? That's good too, right?
I'd rather get more gays than more blacks. Lets be real here, the black population makes almost everything here suck. Who wants to live in a giant ghetto?
actually

United States

#33 Jul 6, 2013
it depends wrote:
<quoted text>
That really depends on who you speak to. Most prefer that others keep their noses out of their family's business. Doesn't sound like you've been here long, otherwise you would know what most residents around here consider to be a community.
I've lived here over 40 years (my whole life). Most here actually prefer others to be courteous and inclusive, while looking out for each other and their families. It doesn't sound like YOU have been here long, as YOU would know what most residents in Union County consider to be a community.
MRS P

Seattle, WA

#34 Jan 25, 2016
Well Im guessing with all the comment about Black people that my family and our money just may need to stay away so we don't make your home a great big ghetto !!!!! racisms at its finest. BESS YOUR HEART!!
UMAMA

El Dorado, AR

#35 Jan 25, 2016
MRS P wrote:
Well Im guessing with all the comment about Black people that my family and our money just may need to stay away so we don't make your home a great big ghetto !!!!! racisms at its finest. BESS YOUR HEART!!
Don't spend your check all at once.
Epic

El Dorado, AR

#37 Jan 25, 2016
MRS P wrote:
Three years?! And this was the best response you could come up with to bring up a three year old forum?!?! Fail
located source

Cordova, TN

#38 Jan 26, 2016
carson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct about the Promise, cost of living, and the golf courses. However,
1. Population of 18,352 and declining ( http://factfinder.census.gov/faces/tableservi... )
2. A downtown with few options (Some out of town friends from central Arkansas came here for a wedding a few weeks ago and they knew just by looking around that there's little to do. When I told some about what little to do, they agreed without question.)
3. Any proof the Arts Center has Smithsonian-type exhibits?
4. A wealthy upper class that largely thinks the arts and theater plan will be better than a potential pulpwood mill. New sidewalks won't convince outsiders to move here nor will it keep disgruntled citizens from moving away.
5. A community college that is declining in enrollment and thriving only on unprofessionalism and incompetence
6. Theater district will do little to make the city better and lead to population growth
7. I looked out for people whenever the chance came, but few people looked out for me growing up here
Not to mention, having the 2nd biggest drug bust in the U.S. a few years ago, the inefficient doctors offices and, quoting one person, the "Medical Kill Center of South Arkansas," former Chamber President Jeremy Stratton making threats and causing trouble at Wal-Mart, former editor Rick Fahr using the Christmas storms to joke about few deaths in the paper, Larado Grill doing little to fix their credit card problem after nearly FOUR months, poor service at Applebee's and the McDonalds near EHS, few job opportunities, and idiocy on almost every street corner. Not to mention, the constant gossip and trash talk all over town and on Topix. Our topix is more active than topix pages for growing and successful places like Conway and Fayetteville. Stuff like this is why people continue to leave and why new people and businesses won't come. People are tired of the boredom, drugs, stupidity, and dysfunction. One person said it best: this place WILL bring the devil out of you. This may happen in other places, but we're not doing ourselves any favors by letting all this go unchallenged and putting up with all of this garbage.
90% of posts on El Dorado topic comes from 1 IP address
Visitor

United States

#39 Jul 23, 2016
Parker's Chapel is the place to live in El Dorado. Their community and schools are great and they have some really nice homes in select areas...scope them out.
resident

Orlando, FL

#40 Jul 23, 2016
Visitor wrote:
Parker's Chapel is the place to live in El Dorado. Their community and schools are great and they have some really nice homes in select areas...scope them out.
What in the hell have you been smokin?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 hr Reality Check 38,779
Men of El Dorado 7 hr KelleyS 12
Charlie the stalker 17 hr Gen 1
Trashy girls Sat samcansuck 12
Amway hanky panky dolls Aug 18 Camden Kid Toucher 4
Need money now Aug 16 Camden Kid Toucher 3
Dairy Queen stories? Aug 15 Kenny 14

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance