First Prev
of 2
Next Last
well

Chicago, IL

#22 Apr 26, 2013
Businesses close all the time. You're selectively picking out businesses that close to enforce your argument. I think when New Century reopens or anything else opens up you will find some business that closes to blame for that.
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

#23 Apr 26, 2013
well wrote:
Businesses close all the time. You're selectively picking out businesses that close to enforce your argument. I think when New Century reopens or anything else opens up you will find some business that closes to blame for that.
one music store opens then one music store closes ? those are facts that not even you can dance around.
0 cents

El Dorado, AR

#24 Apr 26, 2013
Nobodys bizness wrote:
Makes sense if you have a son running Little Rock store that's doing well.
Music Mart was not a franchise. Was based in El Dorado with stores in surrounding towns. Over the years, had branches in Crossett, Magnolia, Ruston, Pine Bluff
Nope, that still doesn't make sense. Well, it just restates what was said earlier. Stored closed because it couldn't make it in El Dorado, not because someone wanted to retire. Otherwise they would have closed the one in Little Rock as well, but that one seems to be doing well.
Nobodys bizness

El Dorado, AR

#25 Apr 26, 2013
Robertsons was pretty much gone before Bensberg moved into town.
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

#26 Apr 27, 2013
Nobodys bizness wrote:
Robertsons was pretty much gone before Bensberg moved into town.
your dancing.
soyouknow

Oklahoma City, OK

#27 Apr 27, 2013
sorry wrote:
<quoted text>That makes no sense at all. You close your business because you want to retire, yet you still have one open in Little Rock?

Sounds more like he closed it because it wasn't making a significant, if any profit.
The owners oldest son opened up his own store in little rock.
soyouknow

Oklahoma City, OK

#28 Apr 27, 2013
0 cents wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, that still doesn't make sense. Well, it just restates what was said earlier. Stored closed because it couldn't make it in El Dorado, not because someone wanted to retire. Otherwise they would have closed the one in Little Rock as well, but that one seems to be doing well.
The music mart in Eldorado closed ONLY from the owners choice to retire! That man could back most banks! He was a very successful business man that at one time had 5 different stores. Over the past few years he started closing them due to reoccurring problems with employees and the fact that he was going to retire in the near future. His oldest son used to manage the Eldorado store but moved to little rock with his family and opened his own music mart location.
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

#29 Apr 27, 2013
soyouknow wrote:
<quoted text>
The music mart in Eldorado closed ONLY from the owners choice to retire! That man could back most banks! He was a very successful business man that at one time had 5 different stores. Over the past few years he started closing them due to reoccurring problems with employees and the fact that he was going to retire in the near future. His oldest son used to manage the Eldorado store but moved to little rock with his family and opened his own music mart location.
I think the point is, why move to little rock, just keep dads store in eldorado, if it was profitable., just saying that retail in Eldorado is tuff and getting tougher, the pie is much smaller than it use to be.
Nobodys bizness

El Dorado, AR

#30 Apr 27, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the point is, why move to little rock, just keep dads store in eldorado, if it was profitable., just saying that retail in Eldorado is tuff and getting tougher, the pie is much smaller than it use to be.
It's obvious you don't know anything about Music Mart, the owner and family, or family business in general.
The point is that soyouknow is telling the true facts behind Music Mart's closing, and all you can do is speculate a bs argument based solely on your uninformed assumptions.
well

El Dorado, AR

#31 Apr 27, 2013
Nobodys bizness wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you don't know anything about Music Mart, the owner and family, or family business in general.
The point is that soyouknow is telling the true facts behind Music Mart's closing, and all you can do is speculate a bs argument based solely on your uninformed assumptions.
It seems like the true facts are that it wasn't making enough profit to warrant it staying open. You don't have to know anything about Music Mart, the owner, and/or his family to figure that out.

And if you're referring to Ritchie and his dad, I thought his dad only owned a small percentage of it anyways and that the owner with the largest percentage was from Louisiana.

That type of business is just not as wanted/needed as much as it used to be.
actually

Dallas, TX

#32 Apr 28, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
one music store opens then one music store closes ? those are facts that not even you can dance around.
Again, one closed before the other opened. Just like Bonanza closed before Ryans opened. How are you too stupid to understand this?
actually

Dallas, TX

#33 Apr 28, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the point is, why move to little rock, just keep dads store in eldorado, if it was profitable., just saying that retail in Eldorado is tuff and getting tougher, the pie is much smaller than it use to be.
That is exactly the point, dumbass. Son doesn't want to keep the store in El Dorado open because he lives in Little Rock and doesn't want the extra responsibility. He lives comfortably there, so why take on the extra obligation. If you knew anything about running a business, you'd realize that money isn't everything.
actually

Dallas, TX

#34 Apr 28, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems like the true facts are that it wasn't making enough profit to warrant it staying open. You don't have to know anything about Music Mart, the owner, and/or his family to figure that out.
And if you're referring to Ritchie and his dad, I thought his dad only owned a small percentage of it anyways and that the owner with the largest percentage was from Louisiana.
That type of business is just not as wanted/needed as much as it used to be.
No, true facts are that THE OWNER IS RETIRING, AND THE BUSINESS WAS VERY PROFITABLE, BUT THE SON DOESN'T WANT THE ADDOTIONAL RESPONSIBILITY, Again, how are you too stupid to understand this? You don't know anything about Music Mart, its profitability, its owner(s), or the situation, which is needed if you have one thing to discuss on the subject. You're just a speculating dumbass that refuses to see the amazing progress our town has made. Until you have any knowledge of anything you'd like to discuss, I'd suggest you keep your dumbass thoughts to yourself. Ignorance is contageous.
soyouknow

Oklahoma City, OK

#35 Apr 28, 2013
Actually and nobody's business are right, you're a dumb ass! Just quit before you make yourself look even more ignorant. Cause you obviously don't know shit about music mart.
what

El Dorado, AR

#36 May 2, 2013
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
No, true facts are that THE OWNER IS RETIRING, AND THE BUSINESS WAS VERY PROFITABLE, BUT THE SON DOESN'T WANT THE ADDOTIONAL RESPONSIBILITY, Again, how are you too stupid to understand this? You don't know anything about Music Mart, its profitability, its owner(s), or the situation, which is needed if you have one thing to discuss on the subject. You're just a speculating dumbass that refuses to see the amazing progress our town has made. Until you have any knowledge of anything you'd like to discuss, I'd suggest you keep your dumbass thoughts to yourself. Ignorance is contageous.
Prove that the business was profitable.

It seems like we will never know if he was capable of running two stores.

You're partially right. I do not know as much about Music Mart as others. But it doesn't take a genius to realize that they cannot make it in this economy and in this area.

Also I can spell the following words correctly

"ADDOTIONAL" is correctly spelled "additional"
"contageous" is correctly spelled "contagious"

So if you're going to try and degrade someones intelligence and knowledge, you should at least represent yourself as having some.
typical

United States

#37 May 2, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that the business was profitable.
It seems like we will never know if he was capable of running two stores.
You're partially right. I do not know as much about Music Mart as others. But it doesn't take a genius to realize that they cannot make it in this economy and in this area.
Also I can spell the following words correctly
"ADDOTIONAL" is correctly spelled "additional"
"contageous" is correctly spelled "contagious"
So if you're going to try and degrade someones intelligence and knowledge, you should at least represent yourself as having some.
"It doesn't take a genius to realize that they cannot make it in this economy and in this area?" That's your argument? So, we're supposed to believe that Music Mart closed here based on your almost-genius economic expertise??? Really???
ManOMan

Little Rock, AR

#38 Jun 15, 2013
gone wrote:
Did Music Mart close up?
Music Fart has SUCKED for decades/
yep

El Dorado, AR

#39 Jun 15, 2013
typical wrote:
<quoted text>
"It doesn't take a genius to realize that they cannot make it in this economy and in this area?" That's your argument? So, we're supposed to believe that Music Mart closed here based on your almost-genius economic expertise??? Really???
Better to listen to someone who knows proper spelling and grammar than someone who does not. That's pretty much been the norm forever.
the truth

Oklahoma City, OK

#40 Jun 17, 2013
Music mart in Eldorado closed because the employees robbed them so much

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moonshiners makeing poison 1 hr booyaw 30
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Nothing Between Y... 30,457
Tina Gage 3 hr mossy seaman 3
Laura B. Mason arrested for solicitation to com... (Jun '13) 7 hr caveman 840
who is Shawn Youngs.. (Nov '11) 20 hr True 13
dole Tue caveman 1
What's up with the free call phones (Jul '11) Tue Duck lover 60
El Dorado Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:06 am PST

NBC Sports10:06AM
DeMarco Murray practicing for Cowboys
Yahoo! Sports10:12 AM
Redskins' RG3 limited with sprained shoulder
NBC Sports 2:07 PM
Why aren't other teams lining up for Jason Garrett?
Yahoo! Sports 2:25 PM
Romo's best version looking good for Cowboys
NBC Sports 4:20 PM
Saints offense could face changes after season - NBC Sports