Courtyard Nursing Home sucks!

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Infreakingcredib le

Warren, AR

#1 Jul 24, 2011
How does a carton of cigarettes under lock and key disappear from a nursing home? It makes me wonder if they also steal the meds intended for the patient. How pathetic are you to steal a dying man's cigarettes, whose only joy in life is having a smoke?
Sheesh

El Dorado, AR

#2 Jul 24, 2011
Maybe he wouldn't be dying if he didn't have that smoke!!!
yea

El Dorado, AR

#3 Jul 24, 2011
Maybe they did not want him smoking.
Shoulda

El Dorado, AR

#4 Jul 24, 2011
If they didn't want him smoking they would have gave the cigarettes back to the family. You're going to find a thief anywhere you look. Nursing home employees are not immune to stealing. Just be glad they didn't steal his oxygen bottle.
Shouldnta

Walker, LA

#5 Jul 24, 2011
Shoulda wrote:
If they didn't want him smoking they would have gave the cigarettes back to the family. You're going to find a thief anywhere you look. Nursing home employees are not immune to stealing. Just be glad they didn't steal his oxygen bottle.
Seriously? Somebody's pack of cigarettes were "stolen?!" Complaining about something as cynical as this is unbelievable.
ihateathief

El Dorado, AR

#6 Jul 24, 2011
i believe he said it was a CARTON, thats like 60.00, and it doesn't matter if it was cigarettes or money or a pair of socks, these are someones parents, brothers, sisters who pay good money to be taken care of NOT TO BE STOLE FROM!!!! but thats the type workers you have, steal from the gov't, steal from people, wrong anyway you look at it!!!!
Shoulda

El Dorado, AR

#7 Jul 24, 2011
Shouldnta wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Somebody's pack of cigarettes were "stolen?!" Complaining about something as cynical as this is unbelievable.
Some people let they're aligator mouth outrun they're humming bird butt. If you took as much time to read as give a smart azz comment you would see it says a carton, not a pack. That's over fifty bucks, to some that is a sizable amount.
yea

El Dorado, AR

#8 Jul 24, 2011
Maybe they were just misplace. May be they were not stolen. Have you talk to them at the Nursing Home about this? If not please do. Let them know about it.
Mee

El Dorado, AR

#9 Jul 24, 2011
It is not just that nursing home. I totally agree with this person's post. The $ amount is not the point being made. The REAL point is that the residents have worked, provided for their families, and Think they will be provided for & protected by their love ones when they age. For most residents at nursing care facilties, they turn their entire ss check, retirement checks, and sometimes their homes over to pay for care in their later years.(except a BIG $40.00 per month)
A THIEF IS A THIEF NOT MATTER THE AMOUNT.
anyone that complains about this (Cig.stolen post at nursing home) IS SAD.
BY THE WAY, THE FIRST MONTH MY DAD WAS AT ANOHER NURSING FACILITY IN ELDO, I BROUGHT ABOUT 4 PKS. OF NEW SOCKS & UNDERWEAR(HAD HIS NAME ON THEM) 2 TIMES, 2 WATCHES, 2 WALLETS, AND SEVERAL $20. BILLS. BUT JUST TO RELIEVE YOUR MIND: TRY THIS: GO TO THE SAME FAST FOOD DRIVE THRU SEVERAL TIMES, ORDER EXACTLY THE SAME THING AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS....
ALL THIS CAN BE SUMMED UP; THE AVAILABLE LABOR FORCE IN ELDORADO, ARKANSAS. KNOW I GOT OFF SUBJECT SOMEWHAT BUT ALL RELATED!
Wondering

El Dorado, AR

#10 Jul 24, 2011
What floor did this happen 200 or 300 and was it day, evening or night? I am just trying to help. It need to be reported and stop. I know some that work out there and they do ready need to know about this.
Mee

El Dorado, AR

#11 Jul 24, 2011
Sorry to say but my incident was report each & every time to administration not just nursing staff.......
ummmm

El Dorado, AR

#12 Jul 25, 2011
Mee wrote:
Sorry to say but my incident was report each & every time to administration not just nursing staff.......
Report it to the POLICE.
ihateathief

El Dorado, AR

#13 Jul 25, 2011
these elderly people are pretty much at the mercy of their caretaker, and when you make a report and piss em off your not sure how they're gonna treat your loved one!! because they usually dont get fired because the facility is already understaffed, they MIGHT get wrote up, sad but true!
Wondering

El Dorado, AR

#14 Jul 25, 2011
That is why I ask what floor this was on. I have a love one on 200 and we have never had anything to go messing. They had been real good to her. But if it did happen you need to call the POLICE, an report this or one of the Dr's that own Coutyard.
cna bob a

United States

#15 Apr 12, 2013
Everyone buy your own cigarettes,video tape the area
nurse

Brandon, MS

#16 Apr 12, 2013
Mee wrote:
They are suppose to contact the police when anything is stolen.
Dida

United States

#17 Apr 13, 2013
Shoulda wrote:
<quoted text> Some people let they're aligator mouth outrun they're humming bird butt. If you took as much time to read as give a smart azz comment you would see it says a carton, not a pack. That's over fifty bucks, to some that is a sizable amount.
If over fifty bucks is a "sizable amount," then they shouldn't be wasting it on cigarettes.
Its Scott Biatches

United States

#18 Apr 13, 2013
Dida wrote:
<quoted text>
If over fifty bucks is a "sizable amount," then they shouldn't be wasting it on cigarettes.
This must be a democrat since they are determining what a person should buy instead of agreeing that a thief needs to be caught.
Stealing from the elderly is the lowest form of criminal activity and that person needs a broken hand as punishment.
well

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 13, 2013
And you must be a Muslim since you are advocating sharia law.
All The Same

El Dorado, AR

#20 Apr 13, 2013
well wrote:
And you must be a Muslim since you are advocating sharia law.
No if I were a Muslim I'd say cut it off

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Reality Check 40,006
El Dorado Christians 7 hr Anon 2
What would you do? 7 hr DEF456 6
Need good name for tv private eye 10 hr roboblogger2 2
Roboblogger2 Hates Poor People 11 hr roboblogger2 3
City of El Dorado 15 hr al hum du allah 1
Creepy Safeway murders Sun Anon 48

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance