Comments
81 - 100 of 132 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2013
kart b4 horsey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Apr 20, 2012
 
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
If I worked in the food industry, I would apply for a job at Flying Burger so I could teach them how NOT to burn chicken and overcook fish.
Do you have a culinary degree?
just saying

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Apr 20, 2012
 
I am hearing food sucks and they are not paying some of there new employees correctly or even at all???? Ok whats the deal?
hmmmm

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Apr 20, 2012
 
just saying wrote:
I am hearing food sucks and they are not paying some of there new employees correctly or even at all???? Ok whats the deal?
The deal is that the Flying Burger is just another so-so restaurant like everything else here. People who don't know any better will rave all day about how great it and some of the other restaurants are but really nothing here is that great. We've got some places who do a few good dishes but most places are like Applebees, poorly managed and lazy quality food.
hey hey

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Apr 20, 2012
 
Tried it tonight, was descent, kinda high though, it was funny that it's called the flying burger when all they offer is one burger on the whole menu, it's all about fish and shrimp
iagree

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
Apr 21, 2012
 
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text> The deal is that the Flying Burger is just another so-so restaurant like everything else here. People who don't know any better will rave all day about how great it and some of the other restaurants are but really nothing here is that great. We've got some places who do a few good dishes but most places are like Applebees, poorly managed and lazy quality food.
We haven't had any of their seafood yet so Can't have an opinion but their burgers are good. Like everyone is saying though they aren't anything fantastic. The fries are soggy and the chicken sandwiches have little flavor.

We will try the seafood before we decide rather or not to go back tho
Cannot Remember

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Apr 21, 2012
 
Have eaten at the El Dorado location once so far, and burger was great. Sorry others don't think so, but mine was excellent.
whatsup

Hampton, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Apr 23, 2012
 
they are open now, and i was not impressed with what i order, the prices are kinda high it cost almost $50.00 for four people. my husband and i were floored when they told us how much it was and it wasn't that good, pluz you had to wait in line for 45 mins for your food
WTF

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Apr 23, 2012
 
whatsup wrote:
they are open now, and i was not impressed with what i order, the prices are kinda high it cost almost $50.00 for four people. my husband and i were floored when they told us how much it was and it wasn't that good, pluz you had to wait in line for 45 mins for your food
12 dollars per person,ok
.....

Midlothian, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Apr 23, 2012
 
They got some hotties working there!!!!
boogertine

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Apr 23, 2012
 
whatsup wrote:
they are open now, and i was not impressed with what i order, the prices are kinda high it cost almost $50.00 for four people. my husband and i were floored when they told us how much it was and it wasn't that good, pluz you had to wait in line for 45 mins for your food
why were you "floored"? The prices are posted for you to see. Oh, was it the math part where you have to add everyones order together? I guess that could be surprising to some.
private party

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Apr 23, 2012
 
Is goober/peckerman gone
public access

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Apr 24, 2012
 
private party wrote:
Is goober/peckerman gone
Gooberman and Peckerman are 2 different people. Which one are you referring to?
hmmm

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Apr 24, 2012
 
my family has been there twice...wasn't impressed either time...I'm guessing they weren't prepared....hate seeing them hold my "basket" up to the heat lamp before they send it out...the burger had no flavor and was soggy...my husbands shrimp was decent but we have other places in town that do just as good if not better...and they were out of oysters and low on ice (got about a quarter cup of ice to a warm fountain drink)....don't think I'll make a special trip to go there again but would probably eat there rather than mcdonalds if I was on that side of town.

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
Apr 24, 2012
 
whatsup wrote:
they are open now, and i was not impressed with what i order, the prices are kinda high it cost almost $50.00 for four people. my husband and i were floored when they told us how much it was and it wasn't that good, pluz you had to wait in line for 45 mins for your food
Try walking across the street and ordering the same thing at Mels.
detective

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Apr 24, 2012
 
public access wrote:
<quoted text>Gooberman and Peckerman are 2 different people. Which one are you referring to?
Both of them
Not Bubba

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Apr 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Over the last couple of years, I've eaten at the Magnolia location over a dozen times. I walked into the El Dorado one for the first time a little before three today. I am very favorably impressed in comparison to the Magnolia one at a comparable time of day. I avoid the Magnolia one between eleven and two because of the crowd unless I am meeting someone for lunch.

The manager was up on a ladder breaking up ice in the drink dispenser. The owner was present and working rather than sitting and visiting with customers as he often is this time of the day in Magnolia. There were two people in line ahead of me. My six piece fried shrimp basket was ready in around seven minutes. The booths are much roomier here and are not fixed if body type requires more room. The portion of fries was larger and I found that all fries were separate. In Magnolia, a noticeable number of the fries are bonded along one side to one or two others. As I do not have a degree in culinary science, I do not understand the cause of this effect. Perhaps starch from the potatoes builds up in the cooking oil and acts as an adhesive. If I ever run into Mark James, I'll try to think and ask him. They were doing a great job mid afternoon today.
Doc

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Apr 24, 2012
 
Not Bubba wrote:
Over the last couple of years, I've eaten at the Magnolia location over a dozen times. I walked into the El Dorado one for the first time a little before three today. I am very favorably impressed in comparison to the Magnolia one at a comparable time of day. I avoid the Magnolia one between eleven and two because of the crowd unless I am meeting someone for lunch.
The manager was up on a ladder breaking up ice in the drink dispenser. The owner was present and working rather than sitting and visiting with customers as he often is this time of the day in Magnolia. There were two people in line ahead of me. My six piece fried shrimp basket was ready in around seven minutes. The booths are much roomier here and are not fixed if body type requires more room. The portion of fries was larger and I found that all fries were separate. In Magnolia, a noticeable number of the fries are bonded along one side to one or two others. As I do not have a degree in culinary science, I do not understand the cause of this effect. Perhaps starch from the potatoes builds up in the cooking oil and acts as an adhesive. If I ever run into Mark James, I'll try to think and ask him. They were doing a great job mid afternoon today.
I bet you weigh 300 pounds.
Jess from Dominos

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
Apr 24, 2012
 
Doc wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you weigh 300 pounds.
Does that make 'em sexy?
no no

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Apr 24, 2012
 
boogertine wrote:
<quoted text>
why were you "floored"? The prices are posted for you to see. Oh, was it the math part where you have to add everyones order together? I guess that could be surprising to some.
It means that they believed they paid to much for what they received. Don't like the prices? Go to the grocery store and have a cookout.
touche

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Apr 24, 2012
 
The first few months are always going to be hectic in a new small town restaurant. The employees and manager are getting everything in line and getting used to the flow of things. We have eaten there twice. Great burgers. O K fries, chicken and seafood. Definitely a place worth going to regularly. But I expect when the craziness is over the food will get just a bit better like it does at many other places.

If you like spicy, try one of their burgers with jalapenos! Its great.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 22 min guest 29,059
Green Mystery Liquid In Creek 1 hr Duck lover 20
Where is the best dance school in El Dorado? 2 hr EDF is the best 21
looking for a good looking woman for a road trip 3 hr Tried That 13
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 4 hr whiskers 9,792
Municipal Auditorium- El Dorado 6 hr Duck lover 18
cafe zaatar? 6 hr Duck lover 20
•••
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••