First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Benn

El Dorado, AR

#1 Oct 5, 2013
First time I've ever been. Surprised how few people were there Friday night and today.
They need to do some real advertising because what ever their doing is not working!
Agree

Euless, TX

#2 Oct 5, 2013
Last time I went was 2011 n there was vendors on each side of the street n ppl everywhere... Really was surprised w all the hype, even wirh the chance of rain, Mark Givens dropped the ball! Amazing enough this is the only time of your he actually is expected to "work"
Agree

Euless, TX

#3 Oct 5, 2013
Wasn't a tenth of the crowd or activity...
Boring

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2013
Thought it was a complete waste of time & money. Not near the # of vendors or people as usual! I would doubt they had the sales that they boast about having! Maybe they need new people in charge & on the board to freshen the whole thing up a bit!
curious

Tampa, FL

#5 Oct 5, 2013
Thats good they reaping what they sewed closed the bars so they could monopolize the beer sales and look what happened the crowd was small ! This is karma biting them in their greedy azzes if people had industry that would mean more jobs more money in peoples pockets and more people in the area could afford such events as it is people are struggling to survive in this jobless corrupt dying little town
Benn

El Dorado, AR

#6 Oct 5, 2013
Agree wrote:
Wasn't a tenth of the crowd or activity...
Yea, there were few vendors. Definitely not what I expected. Don't see the festival
City coming to fruition if this is an example of what is going to be produced.
For some reason the people are not showing up. They need to examine
Everything and everyone involved to get it corrected because it was a
Dissappointment.
well

Tampa, FL

#7 Oct 5, 2013
Its very simple unemployment no jobs no industry high taxes corrupt management all for themselves not the people for sure! People cant spend if they dont have it to spend
Benn

El Dorado, AR

#8 Oct 5, 2013
well wrote:
Its very simple unemployment no jobs no industry high taxes corrupt management all for themselves not the people for sure! People cant spend if they dont have it to spend
Yep, I agree with that
Benn

Warren, AR

#9 Oct 5, 2013
An nobody touched my peepee at the port-o-potty. All I could do was listen to music. Yall suck.
Melvin

Little Rock, AR

#10 Oct 6, 2013
Did you see the photo In the newspaper saturday? Huge crowds! Fewer vendors; BFD who comes for the cheap imports, weight loss cream and cypress knee ash trays? If that's what you want go to the flea market.
The talent was one of the best musicfests ever. Saturday night headliner was performing a current number one hit to thousands of loyal fans in the rain.
Get a grip. Musicfest is attracting alot of people. Mark Givens and Main Street should be proud of their work. Another successful musical show to add to the mix of accomplishments ; Merl Haggard, Travis Tritt, Willie Nelson, Travis Farr. Next up Kenny Rogers!
Keep up the good work Main Street!
Benn

El Dorado, AR

#11 Oct 6, 2013
Melvin wrote:
Did you see the photo In the newspaper saturday? Huge crowds! Fewer vendors; BFD who comes for the cheap imports, weight loss cream and cypress knee ash trays? If that's what you want go to the flea market.
The talent was one of the best musicfests ever. Saturday night headliner was performing a current number one hit to thousands of loyal fans in the rain.
Get a grip. Musicfest is attracting alot of people. Mark Givens and Main Street should be proud of their work. Another successful musical show to add to the mix of accomplishments ; Merl Haggard, Travis Tritt, Willie Nelson, Travis Farr. Next up Kenny Rogers!
You believe a photo and a newspaper headline? LOL
yes

El Dorado, AR

#12 Oct 6, 2013
Good job Mark....as usual.
Damm

El Dorado, AR

#14 Oct 6, 2013
$20 get in and $5 beer
Actually

Tampa, FL

#15 Oct 6, 2013
Actually Musicfest sucks big time, and let's face the real facts it's getting worse every damn year!! So I mid as well tell it how it ACTUALLY is!
Joel

El Dorado, AR

#16 Oct 6, 2013
Actually wrote:
Actually Musicfest sucks big time, and let's face the real facts it's getting worse every damn year!! So I mid as well tell it how it ACTUALLY is!
No lets ignore reality and pretend things were great!
No accountability, everything's great and getting better all the time!
TGIF

Crossett, AR

#17 Oct 6, 2013
Yep... Just wait, when the News-Times talks to Mark Givens, he'll paint a picture of "record-breaking" proportions. Of course, some folks in El Dorado know better.

But, for the sake of argument, lets say everything was "record-breaking". Then why is it that they ask for $25,000 TAXPAYERS DOLLARS EVERY YEAR ? Sound like to me that it should be self-sufficient. In fact, when you go to the A&P Commission asking for taxpayers funds for an event, then form that yo have to fill asks..."when will this event become self-sufficient ?"

So someone MUST be lying... either Musicfest isn't doing as well as they say, or if it is, then why is tax money going to an event that makes money ?

Inquiring minds want to know !
Nope 2

El Dorado, AR

#18 Oct 6, 2013
TGIF wrote:
Yep... Just wait, when the News-Times talks to Mark Givens, he'll paint a picture of "record-breaking" proportions. Of course, some folks in El Dorado know better.
But, for the sake of argument, lets say everything was "record-breaking". Then why is it that they ask for $25,000 TAXPAYERS DOLLARS EVERY YEAR ? Sound like to me that it should be self-sufficient. In fact, when you go to the A&P Commission asking for taxpayers funds for an event, then form that yo have to fill asks..."when will this event become self-sufficient ?"
So someone MUST be lying... either Musicfest isn't doing as well as they say, or if it is, then why is tax money going to an event that makes money ?
There you have it folks. TheFag that lives off tax dollars got it all figured out. FkingHomoIdiot. LMAO
Boring

El Dorado, AR

#19 Oct 6, 2013
TGIF wrote:

So if it is funded by tax dollars shouldn't they have to show tax payers all of the profit & loss statements?!
u r boring

Little Rock, AR

#20 Oct 6, 2013
Boring wrote:
<quoted text>
So if it is funded by tax dollars shouldn't they have to show tax payers all of the profit & loss statements?!
No, because uneducated minds like your's can't comprehend more than $100 at one time.
OH naw

El Dorado, AR

#21 Oct 6, 2013
Melvin wrote:
This has to be ol' Mark himself or one of his downtown BFF's. Musicfest sucks. It was started with in mind families and now it is over priced. Yes they do bring in some great talent for the night time show. You pay for it with your gate price. You have nowhere to sit and you have to deal with all the drunks. I would much rather go out of town and watch a concert and be guaranteed a seat. The drunks take away from all the has been talent that Mark brings in. I much prefer the Blossom Festival which is free by the way in Magnolia. I thought that South Ark's Outdoor Expo was awesome it was free by the way. Both events brought in talent by the way. Mark Givens needs to go! How is it that Musicfest was voted the #1 festival in Arkansas. POLITICS BABY and butt kissing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unhappily married 52 min Duck lover 13
tom cotton is bs 5 hr Williams 22
Bob Willett, Smackover State Bank, Blood Disease? 6 hr HWM 3
Kamagra For Sale In UK ? (Jul '13) 8 hr Craig 8
Hang out with people UR own age 8 hr Ding 11
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 16 hr cowhockey 30,037
Where is Yancy Leach? 18 hr Buck 1
El Dorado Dating
Find my Match

El Dorado Jobs