Suspect arrested in Billy Ponder murder

Mar 6, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Http

By TIA LYONS and JOHN WORTHEN News-Times Staff A small crowd gathered Monday in the Council Chamber of City Hall in anticipation of a major announcement regarding the high-profile murder of an El Dorado ... via Http

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Nov 2, 2008
Citizen

Huntsville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Way to go E.P.D. Thanks for not giving up!!
Thank GOD for city life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

DNA leads the Detectives to yet another one!!!!!!!!!

“I never said I was purrrfect !”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

It's about time. I wonder about Billy alot. My grandmother Emily King worked for him for years and everyday after school I would walk from Yocum Elementary to his shop on College Avenue and stay with my grandmother until Billy closed. He was always the nicest man who had a never ending supply of those baby bottled cokes that were slushy and a great treat on a hot El Dorado summer day. He allowed my "Memaw" to make her grandkids the best Easter baskets I've ever recieved and treated him with the utmost respect. My grandmother loved him and he loved her. Billy was considered a member of our family. I hope this soon brings an end to all the questions his family has obviously had and wondered about all these years.
Rest In Peace Billy.....
Former ElDorado Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

I used to go to church with the Ponder family and I remember them being such a sweet nice family. It was a horrible murder and Billy did not deserve to die like that. I am thankful to the EPD for staying on top of it and for submitting the DNA to LR. I pray they make this criminal pay dearly for the pain he has caused to this nice family.
Sergeant Hicks

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

I am from Eldorado originally, and went to school with his son and daughter. I am so glad this criminal was finally caught. Mr. Ponder was the man to go to for flowers even though we lived about 20 miles out side city lines, he would make it happen. Although I have been away from home for about 20 years now, I always thought about his children from time to time. Hope to see you Stephanie at the class reunion 09, if I'm not in IRAQ. GOD SPEED
Erie Pennsylvania

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

I grew up in El Dorado. I haven't even visited there in years, but periodically I would ask my mother if this case had been solved. I am so happy to see that finally the family will be able to have some closure in this situation.
Say What

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Citizen wrote:
Way to go E.P.D. Thanks for not giving up!!
Surely you don't believe the EPD had anything to do with solving this case. Modern technology and DNA databases solved this case.
jonny

Leola, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

epd is lying to yall. if it was dna on it they would of found out who did it back then. dummies
asti spumante

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2008

jonny wrote:
epd is lying to yall. if it was dna on it they would of found out who did it back then. dummies
No, DUMMY, not necessarily.
WTF

Wayne, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2008

jonny wrote:
Your a jackass. DNA testing wasn't around then. Know what your talking about before you open your blowhole next time.
I Yam What I Yam

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2008

WTF, some of these idiots need to watch informative TV programs, read, or just have some damn common sense, by the way common sense is non teachable, either ya got it or ya don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 39 min Obama care 29,069
Where is the best dance school in El Dorado? 1 hr DanceDad 23
samantha miller 1 hr I went to school with her 16
imposters 2 hr Tinman Ex Gringo 14
Eldorado , Entire city needs to be cleaned up,! 2 hr City Councils 5
duck lovers twerking videos 3 hr queefers 2
Mullinax Prisoner 4 hr Amber 2
•••
•••