First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ty Piece

Malvern, AR

#1 Feb 15, 2011
Federal Subpeonas have been issued in South Arkansas and North Louisiana in an ongoing investigation into Tandy Menefee and two other directors of Timberland Bank for their actions that cost shareholders over $3 million. Looks like the story continues.....
shady grady

Frisco, TX

#2 Feb 15, 2011
Ty Piece wrote:
Federal Subpeonas have been issued in South Arkansas and North Louisiana in an ongoing investigation into Tandy Menefee and two other directors of Timberland Bank for their actions that cost shareholders over $3 million. Looks like the story continues.....
Who are the other two directors?.....and how do you know this?
Timberwolf

El Dorado, AR

#3 Feb 15, 2011
What was this all about? Land or money grubbing? Please let me know, I don't get the newspaper.
Frances

El Dorado, AR

#4 Feb 15, 2011
Well, I certainly would not believe anything about Tandy, or other "directors" based on TOPIX!! What a joke.. My suggestion is: If you are that interested in what goes on at Timberland bank, go buy a newspaper, turn on the news, etc... Unless you were involved, don't worry about it. Or, if you are in doubt about your stock, luxury loans, etc.... then I suggest you get your money out of that bank! I seldom get on TOPIX, the gossip forum,, but when I saw this, I wanted to say something.
Bethann

United States

#5 Feb 15, 2011
Frances wrote:
Well, I certainly would not believe anything about Tandy, or other "directors" based on TOPIX!! What a joke.. My suggestion is: If you are that interested in what goes on at Timberland bank, go buy a newspaper, turn on the news, etc... Unless you were involved, don't worry about it. Or, if you are in doubt about your stock, luxury loans, etc.... then I suggest you get your money out of that bank! I seldom
get on TOPIX, the gossip forum,, but when I
saw this, I wanted to say
something.
Amen! This is a joke! Good thing is it won't ruin Tandy's day because he wouldn't even give this website the time of day. Heard about this at dinner tonight. Ridiculous!
Mary Jane

El Dorado, AR

#6 Feb 15, 2011
Everytime it smells like pinecones in here daddy be trippin.
Larry the cable guy

El Dorado, AR

#7 Feb 15, 2011
Theres a white guy in a bar and hes drinking something. All of a sudden he jumps out the six story building, hits the ground, and survives. When he comes back up to the bar he takes another sip of his drink. The black guy say "Bartender, I want what he's having." The bartender gives it to him. The black guy jumps out the window and dies. The bartender calls 911 and says "We need an ambulance, looks like super man is messing with them jigaboos again.
sallyj

El Dorado, AR

#8 Feb 15, 2011
They will all get it.. just wait it will all come out in the long run. Don't think mark turner went down alone on this.. He got 5 years because he snitched them out.. Now they will investagate the rest guilty ones.
meow

El Dorado, AR

#9 Feb 15, 2011
I am changing banks, too much going on to suit me.
meow

El Dorado, AR

#10 Feb 15, 2011
ps, we love you larry, you funny. thanks for sharing.
shady grady

Frisco, TX

#11 Feb 16, 2011
Every time Mark Turner's name comes up on Topix for being the low life that he is, in comes a post or thread about Tandy and how the real story will be coming out and this and that. Well it's been long enough for that story to come out if it was going to....Also Mark was fired in 2008 was investigated and charged then plead guilty in August 2010. If any dots connected to Tandy he would've been charged long ago....The real criminal at Timberland bank reported to prison yesterday....deal with it!
Timberwolf

El Dorado, AR

#12 Feb 16, 2011
Could be shady grady. It's just weird that when one hears whispers before the [email protected] hits the fan. Just saying.
Hitting the fan

Malvern, AR

#13 Feb 16, 2011
Sounds like Menefee is just another crooked want-a-be banker in El Dorado
shady grady

Frisco, TX

#14 Feb 16, 2011
Hitting the fan wrote:
Sounds like Menefee is just another crooked want-a-be banker in El Dorado
What a dumb statement.....what sounds are you talking about?....he already is banker so how can he be a want-a-be banker?.....crooked?....what proof?
Every single time his name comes up it's without one single allegation....it's always oh the facts will be coming out.
Either state some facts or STFU
Chicken wing

El Dorado, AR

#15 Feb 16, 2011
Actually, I have personally known Menefee to be an established bank leader since 1984, and only heard positive things about him!(I am sure his career started much earlier). Just don't bank there if you have concerns.
dude2011

El Dorado, AR

#16 Feb 16, 2011
U know what if Tandy would have acted like the president instead of letting the vice president run the bank this might not have happened and they would not have had to close down and changed names.
smoke there is fire

El Dorado, AR

#19 Feb 16, 2011
shady grady wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dumb statement.....what sounds are you talking about?....he already is banker so how can he be a want-a-be banker?.....crooked?....what proof?
Every single time his name comes up it's without one single allegation....it's always oh the facts will be coming out.
Either state some facts or STFU
if handy tandy is clean then explain what he is living off of now? he doesnt work for southern bancorp. timberland bancshares cannot afford to pay him. lives higher than ss allows. has a coffe can buried somewhere
Bethann

United States

#20 Feb 16, 2011
He is working for nothing to get more money back to shareholders because he feels he owes it to them because of his misguided trust in Mark. Nobody feels worse than he does. As far as his standard of living that comes from MANY years of HARD work. I'm sure he had other investments besides Timberland Bank.
shady grady

Frisco, TX

#21 Feb 16, 2011
smoke there is fire wrote:
<quoted text>if handy tandy is clean then explain what he is living off of now? he doesnt work for southern bancorp. timberland bancshares cannot afford to pay him. lives higher than ss allows. has a coffe can buried somewhere
What a sad life you have.....is that it? Is that your best effort?
Cease and DesistI know

Malvern, AR

#22 Feb 16, 2011
I know you all are experts on Tandy Menefee and the board of directors, but I believe I want a second opinion.......Let's see what the federal regulators say about them.......

http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/enforceme...

So the FDIC says that they rate them.....POOR !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Landers 44 min Outtathere 13
Top 50 Crazy Bit*h*s in Union County 1 hr well 67
Kevin Jackson 1 hr Volley 4
House Bulders (Mar '13) 1 hr satisfied customer 12
What gas stations have condom dispensers in the... (Jun '12) 4 hr Free 20
Gringos M/C (Jun '14) 5 hr ardec1 67
Isn't it sooo funny Hotshots 7 hr Jehovah 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages