Comments
21 - 40 of 46 Comments Last updated Jul 21, 2013
oh gosh

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 13, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Southark Student wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason they are able to accommodate over 800 people is that those people park on SOUTHARK PARKING. The conference center has barely enough parking space for the employees that work in it, PLUS the students. Also there isn't enough room to drive around or move around(park) on the "parking lot" for the conference center
Exactly. Parking has been an issue brought up since the conference center was announced. Its bad, like really bad. Poor SouthArk already had a problem with parking BEFORE the conference center. Now its a real clusterf*ck. The Brookshires manager is also nice enough to let those students use some of the parking on the far left side of their parking. Also what happens when there's an event at the conference center.

There have been several events here that were kept from the conference center and put on elsewhere just because they knew parking would be too much of a problem. Pathetic.

Kinda agree with the thread maker on this one. It seems that no matter what this town plans, they screw it up somehow.

No wonder this place is just dying and dying. I can't stand to see it. The town dying or the desperate and wasteful attempts to rise it up again. Whole thing is just so messed up and sad for our town. A town that was so lively just two decades ago. I looked at some old pictures the other day and realized how downhill we are. An old friend came by and he said to me how shocked he was at how dead this town is now and he's only been gone eight years. It sent us both into a both happy and depressing "remember that" conversation.
oh gosh

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

And I'm not with everyone on the loss of business thing. I mean yeah, we need more business that's for sure. Retail won't do a damn thing to raise the town up again. But white flight has a lot to do with it. A whole lot. Started a long time ago. People got sick of living in a thug town, and now its even more of a thug town. A lot of nice black people moved too, for that same reason. Its like its almost not even a black and white thing either there is so much white trash here. Its like trash vs. not trash and the trash is winning.
worried

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 14, 2013
 
That building has been more of a burden than a blessing. The location is absurd, probably an attempt to annex Parker's Chapel in the future. Now that we know it isn't even built correctly and will need millions in maintenance over the years makes it even worse.
It is what it is

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jul 14, 2013
 
You can bet on top of that they could care less about the unemployment rate they will more than likely get out of state, out of town contractors to do all the needed repairs.. The bidding will most likely be a behind closed doors hush hush deal that the tax payers never hear about. Who bid what.. Is it a price up to kick back or what. Why isnt the firm that approved the grounds and the building contractor that built the school liable??? Something doesnt add up here!!
correcting ur confusion

Harrisburg, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jul 14, 2013
 
Southark Student wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason they are able to accommodate over 800 people is that those people park on SOUTHARK PARKING. The conference center has barely enough parking space for the employees that work in it, PLUS the students. Also there isn't enough room to drive around or move around(park) on the "parking lot" for the conference center
Since Southwark gets to house their library, bistro, and other such facilities, using their parking locations doesn't seem to be that big of a burden to them, now does it? As I stated, parking accommodations are convenient and easily accessible for the location of the conference center.
CBG

Pine Bluff, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jul 14, 2013
 
wtf wrote:
Just look at the paper today. It tells you everything. It is also an example of what our town officials do every time they are allowed enormous amounts of money for investment: they f**k it all up. And who pays for it? We do, in taxes and in quality.
The New High School was not only unnecessary but was millions upon millions over budget. We have now learned it was a huge waste of money, because it was so poorly built.
We overpaid for a half ass job. Happens every time. Really, why is it so hard for our officials to hire legitimate businesses to carry out building jobs? Happens all the time, but not here. I wonder how much money was pocketed that should have been spent on QUALITY.

Our kids deserve a nice, updated learning environment and the teachers deserve that as well. Our town FAILED them just as they fail at everything else.
SIX months after being built the building started having problems. It says it right there in today's paper if you want to argue like its not true. Seriously, it was built in 2011. Two years later the thing is becoming structurally unsound. Anyone want to predict how many more millions we will be spending in the next decade or so to fix it?
Oh of course some will say "these things happen". No sh*t. They happen when people do a piss poor job at building something with structural security. "These things happen" when corrupt fools with no sense of wtf they are doing are put in charge of a project of such grand scale.
Why does (almost) everything our town does end up being a high cost disappointment? Thank the Lord for our theater and arts center. We have done one single thing right. It deserves the funding, not all these other failures.
Typical low-life attitude. Bitch and moan, bitch and moan. When's the last time you did anything useful?
funbags

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jul 15, 2013
 
You know, it is possible they will get the school fixed up and we won't have to deal with anymore structural problems for a very long time. Happens with houses all the time, I know that much.
actually

Lampasas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jul 16, 2013
 
funbags wrote:
You know, it is possible they will get the school fixed up and we won't have to deal with anymore structural problems for a very long time. Happens with houses all the time, I know that much.
Dome people just can't look past tomorrow.
Have a little respect

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jul 16, 2013
 
correcting ur confusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Southwark gets to house their library, bistro, and other such facilities, using their parking locations doesn't seem to be that big of a burden to them, now does it? As I stated, parking accommodations are convenient and easily accessible for the location of the conference center.
Very convenient for the city and conference center to monopolize other businesses parking lot with non paying customers. Thats showing absolutely no respect.for businesses such as Brookshires next door if their parking lot fills with people for a conference center event and customers have to go elsewhere to buy groceries think about the business they lost. The city officals could care less they are making money monopolizing other vendors parking during a event while these vendors lose money.. Thats showing no respect
correcting ur confusion

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jul 16, 2013
 
Have a little respect wrote:
<quoted text> Very convenient for the city and conference center to monopolize other businesses parking lot with non paying customers. Thats showing absolutely no respect.for businesses such as Brookshires next door if their parking lot fills with people for a conference center event and customers have to go elsewhere to buy groceries think about the business they lost. The city officals could care less they are making money monopolizing other vendors parking during a event while these vendors lose money.. Thats showing no respect
You mean the "non-paying" TAXPAYERS that helped fund a facility that allows the college to house many of their departments, while receiving city funds to help support the upkeep of the conference center at the VERY small price of using their parking lot? And YOU have a problem with this, ignorantly claiming a monopoly? Seriously? Brookshires parking lot is used all the time by college students, as it provides way more spaces than needed for their customer base. I'm sure if was a problem, as such major events have already taken place there, then why is Brookshires, a large private company, leaving it to little ol you to take it to the outraged customers on Topix? That's right, it's never been an issue.
well

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jul 16, 2013
 
I imagine businesses had to eat their losses due to the recent flooding on Timberlane too.
seriously

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jul 17, 2013
 
well wrote:
I imagine businesses had to eat their losses due to the recent flooding on Timberlane too.
Nobody lost money from that. Wtf are you talking about?

Timberlane is a great street. Weird to say, but yeah. I can't wait to see it expand. People that live out in PC, Magnolia Highway and towards JC area will be extremely happy.

I agree that putting the new school there was moronic.
well

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jul 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Restaurants being closed for a day or so due to city negligence, for example, doesn't result in anybody losing any money?
hmmm

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jul 18, 2013
 
funbags wrote:
You know, it is possible they will get the school fixed up and we won't have to deal with anymore structural problems for a very long time. Happens with houses all the time, I know that much.
It definitely is. If they go ahead and reassess the building they can head off more damage. I hope they do that instead of addressing each problem as it comes.
hmmmm

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jul 18, 2013
 
IMAFAG. How do you like all my comments on here, I made all of them. That's why I'm an ignorantAzzHomo. Comment, change my name, comment, argue with my ignorantAzz self. All day, all night. IMAFAG.
frustrated

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Speaking of the EHS...there's a Mr. Anwar Fairley who sleeping with his students and is still currently dating one of his former students....I feel this issue needs to be addressed and brought to the right attention. Who's to say how many of our children this perv has slept with!? I am aware he quit his job when the talk of his inappropriate behavior became school gossip.
correcting ur confusion

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jul 20, 2013
 
When will you idiots learn that El Dorado is PERFECT. Nobody in this town has ever done anything wrong. Nobody has ever messed anything up. There is no such thing as corruption in this town. We are like a shining beacon in the heart of America, a town without flaw where everything is the best this country can offer. If you love El Dorado as much as I do but see problems that should be fixed, then YOU CAN JUST GET THE HELL OUT! We don't need your kind here. If you have one bad thing to say about this town you don't belong here because EVERYTHING, hear me? I said EVERYTHING here is a perfect as perfect can get. Not a single town official or planner has ever made a single mistake. To think otherwise means your a moron!
actually

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jul 20, 2013
 
correcting ur confusion wrote:
When will you idiots learn that El Dorado is PERFECT. Nobody in this town has ever done anything wrong. Nobody has ever messed anything up. There is no such thing as corruption in this town. We are like a shining beacon in the heart of America, a town without flaw where everything is the best this country can offer. If you love El Dorado as much as I do but see problems that should be fixed, then YOU CAN JUST GET THE HELL OUT! We don't need your kind here. If you have one bad thing to say about this town you don't belong here because EVERYTHING, hear me? I said EVERYTHING here is a perfect as perfect can get. Not a single town official or planner has ever made a single mistake. To think otherwise means your a moron!
ACTUALLY!!! Only in your pipe dreams is this a PERFECT town, so go back to the ALLEY,& smoke your crack PIPE some more and let us hear some more of your PIPE DREAMS!!! MORON
really laughing

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jul 20, 2013
 
correcting ur confusion wrote:
When will you idiots learn that El Dorado is PERFECT. Nobody in this town has ever done anything wrong. Nobody has ever messed anything up. There is no such thing as corruption in this town. We are like a shining beacon in the heart of America, a town without flaw where everything is the best this country can offer. If you love El Dorado as much as I do but see problems that should be fixed, then YOU CAN JUST GET THE HELL OUT! We don't need your kind here. If you have one bad thing to say about this town you don't belong here because EVERYTHING, hear me? I said EVERYTHING here is a perfect as perfect can get. Not a single town official or planner has ever made a single mistake. To think otherwise means your a moron!
Hilarious!
Yes

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jul 20, 2013
 
oh gosh wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly. Parking has been an issue brought up since the conference center was announced. Its bad, like really bad. Poor SouthArk already had a problem with parking BEFORE the conference center. Now its a real clusterf*ck. The Brookshires manager is also nice enough to let those students use some of the parking on the far left side of their parking. Also what happens when there's an event at the conference center.
There have been several events here that were kept from the conference center and put on elsewhere just because they knew parking would be too much of a problem. Pathetic.
Kinda agree with the thread maker on this one. It seems that no matter what this town plans, they screw it up somehow.
No wonder this place is just dying and dying. I can't stand to see it. The town dying or the desperate and wasteful attempts to rise it up again. Whole thing is just so messed up and sad for our town. A town that was so lively just two decades ago. I looked at some old pictures the other day and realized how downhill we are. An old friend came by and he said to me how shocked he was at how dead this town is now and he's only been gone eight years. It sent us both into a both happy and depressing "remember that" conversation.
I hate those "remember when" conversations. They're depressing. I hope one day we can look back and say "remember when things got bad" about the past decade. Then "remember when things got better" about the next.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - El Dorado, AR 19 min Grigori 51
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 20 min IIKKJKKGGHJ 9,830
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 25 min Raz 29,509
So Glad this Person has been Dumbed Down a Bit 1 hr Duck lover 77
Whites Lawncare 2 hr AngelEyeZ 1
Cage Fight - Fund Raiser 16 hr Promoter 5
babymama/daddy drama on FBI Fri Boner 4

Search the El Dorado Forum:
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••