Something High School Ballers and Parents of Ballers Should Know

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 43 Comments Last updated Mar 3, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tipped

El Dorado, AR

#1 Aug 22, 2012
Only 1.78% of high school football players go on to the professional level. This includes going pro level after college level.

Not trying to dash anyone's dreams, just trying to show why it is important to focus on academics, not sports.

Some good information and statistics. Below I have put the url. Copy and paste.

www.beyondusports.com/college-athletes-pro/
lOOkie

El Dorado, AR

#2 Aug 22, 2012
It works if you just click the link :)
play ball

El Dorado, AR

#3 Aug 22, 2012
tipped wrote:
Only 1.78% of high school football players go on to the professional level. This includes going pro level after college level.
Not trying to dash anyone's dreams, just trying to show why it is important to focus on academics, not sports.
Some good information and statistics. Below I have put the url. Copy and paste.
www.beyondusports.com/college-athletes-pro/
kiss my azz and mind your own business !
Chucky

El Dorado, AR

#4 Aug 22, 2012
play ball wrote:
<quoted text>
kiss my azz and mind your own business !
You don't like someone's legitimate statistic so you get angry? Must have popped your bubble. Realize you probably won't be going pro so you get pissed? Why not study harder and make something else of yourself? Would you rather be a future welfare recipient just because you don't feel like doing school work?
prickme

El Dorado, AR

#5 Aug 23, 2012
Chucky sounds like a lot of trash talk going on so everyone get chucked and go to the nasty john.
play ball

El Dorado, AR

#6 Aug 23, 2012
another stat they need to know is the number of college grads walking the streets with degree in hand and can't find a job....just saying.
chuck em

United States

#7 Aug 23, 2012
play ball wrote:
another stat they need to know is the number of college grads walking the streets with degree in hand and can't find a job....just saying.
70% of college grads from the last 4 years are unemployed. The best way to help this demographic is for old farts to retire!

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

#8 Aug 23, 2012
tipped wrote:
Only 1.78% of high school football players go on to the professional level. This includes going pro level after college level.
Not trying to dash anyone's dreams, just trying to show why it is important to focus on academics, not sports.
Some good information and statistics. Below I have put the url. Copy and paste.
www.beyondusports.com/college-athletes-pro/
You need to learn to read the links you post. Only 0.08% of high school football players ever go pro. You can't simply add the two together. Virtually all of the college players were also high school players.
Percentage of college players who go pro: 1.7%
Percentage of high school players who go pro: 0.08%

And it is even worse for Men's basketball.

Percentage of college players who go pro: 1.2%
Percentage of high school players who go pro: 0.03%
really

El Dorado, AR

#9 Aug 23, 2012
EldoMasterBlaster wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn to read the links you post. Only 0.08% of high school football players ever go pro. You can't simply add the two together. Virtually all of the college players were also high school players.
Percentage of college players who go pro: 1.7%
Percentage of high school players who go pro: 0.08%
And it is even worse for Men's basketball.
Percentage of college players who go pro: 1.2%
Percentage of high school players who go pro: 0.03%
I see your point. But the statistic is showing what percent goes directly from high school to the pros..08%. The other statistic shows what percent go from college to the pros. 1.7%. But the 1.7% statistic isn't including the kids who went straight from high school to pros. So if you are figuring, all together, what percent of male high school athletes EVENTUALLY end up playing pro ball (whether they went to college first or not) you add the two statistics together.

Yes bball is worse. The only one with a good statistic is baseball. I say 10% going pro is pretty damn good.

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

#10 Aug 25, 2012
No it isn't. It is showing what percentage of High school football players EVER make it to the pros. In fact, I know of no football player in the pros in modern times that didn't play college ball. Except maybe during the strike years ago when they tried to still play while the strike was going on.

As for Baseball and the higher percentage. Remember there are a lot of minor league teams out there and they count as pro.
Jumps

El Dorado, AR

#11 Aug 25, 2012
EldoMasterBlaster wrote:
No it isn't. It is showing what percentage of High school football players EVER make it to the pros. In fact, I know of no football player in the pros in modern times that didn't play college ball. Except maybe during the strike years ago when they tried to still play while the strike was going on.
As for Baseball and the higher percentage. Remember there are a lot of minor league teams out there and they count as pro.
And how many college players did you know that didn't go to high school first? Your reasoning is bogus. Counting the college players that go pro is also counting players that attended high school. Which means, more than .08% of high school football players go pro at some point. You have to add the 1.78%, because, like I said, how many college football players do you know that did NOT attend high school and play ball there first? I bet you get told you have an impossible personality. I doubt many people like someone so nitpicky.
Common

El Dorado, AR

#12 Aug 26, 2012
Why are you people trying to dash the dreams of our players? If they wanna fantasize about the big times then why not let them?
one love

United States

#13 Aug 26, 2012
Common wrote:
Why are you people trying to dash the dreams of our players? If they wanna fantasize about the big times then why not let them?
Because 99% of the last generation had the same dreams. And 99% of them are living with their parents because they didn't have a "Plan B." Tough love. Tough love.

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

#14 Aug 26, 2012
OMG, I can't believe I'm having the argument. The 1.7% of college players that go pro include the .08% of high school players for exactly the reason you mention.
School Closings

El Dorado, AR

#15 Feb 26, 2013
sdh
Rumors_Hurt_Ever yone

Waterbury, CT

#16 Feb 26, 2013
I hate to disagree with your statement, but saying any % that goes from high school to pro's isnt true. You have to be out of High School 2 years to be able to try out for a pro Football team. it's the only sport that you cant go straight from high school to a pro team.
Scott Teddertots

Austin, TX

#17 Feb 26, 2013
Rumors_Hurt_Everyone wrote:
I hate to disagree with your statement, but saying any % that goes from high school to pro's isnt true. You have to be out of High School 2 years to be able to try out for a pro Football team. it's the only sport that you cant go straight from high school to a pro team.
can't go from high school to the NBA either you moron

Since: Jan 13

New Albany, MS

#18 Feb 26, 2013
Something related also. Don't come into the workplace the next morning and bend everyone's ear on how great of a superstar your child is. We saw the paper and don't need to hear it another 6 times from you.
Chance Epinette

Eureka Springs, AR

#19 Feb 26, 2013
Only people who get a chance a pro ball aere those damn porch monkeys that are Obumuba's kinfolk. White boys eenver get a chance cause all the coons take all the spots. And just like in high school, they get passed along just so they can play sports. How many coons u know that can even read? Not many.

I am so sick of coons. Go back to Africa where u come from. No one wants ur lazy asses here anyway. U take all the jobs, sports, education, everything. I see EL Do is about abput 50/50 now. So glad I got saway from that coon ass town. All we got here is quees. And they don't bother nobody and at least work. Give me 10 queers rather than 1 coon any day.
chances are you are not

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Feb 26, 2013
Chance Epinette wrote:
Only people who get a chance a pro ball aere those damn porch monkeys that are Obumuba's kinfolk. White boys eenver get a chance cause all the coons take all the spots. And just like in high school, they get passed along just so they can play sports. How many coons u know that can even read? Not many.
I am so sick of coons. Go back to Africa where u come from. No one wants ur lazy asses here anyway. U take all the jobs, sports, education, everything. I see EL Do is about abput 50/50 now. So glad I got saway from that coon ass town. All we got here is quees. And they don't bother nobody and at least work. Give me 10 queers rather than 1 coon any day.
you're a fu@king idiot! Stupid fu@king fool!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Willie B Stanking 3 min Well 14
hot shot cops 15 min Mr Fife to you 13
Big Men, Little "problem" 56 min Google 90
Best/worst french fries in Union County 1 hr sick 9
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Keep away 29,658
Festival group tells Mayor to Back Off 2 hr BA Framer 20
sue in wonderland 2 hr Mel Head 11
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••