Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2013
realdebatersonly

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 9, 2013
 
After the shooting in Connecticut, a hot topic right now is whether teachers should be allowed to have guns in the classroom. Please state whether you believe this should or shouldn't be allowed, and the reasoning behind your answer. If you feel there are other solutions feel free to state them as well. Please retain from the nonsense! I would just like to see the different views of everyone. Please no bashing as well! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether it be stupid or wise!
absolutelynot

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I think everyone that thinks this is even close to a good idea has lost their minds. There is no sure way to prevent shootings. How do you make insane people do sane things? No one knows when a shooting is going to happen, nor can they prevent the people that are crazy enough to do something as horrible as this from doing it. I think some of the things they could do to help prevent shootings are requiring all schools to be staged with police officers no mate of the school has 50 people or 1000, they could require all schools to have metal detectors, and have the doors locked during class. I can't see how putting the things that cause these incidents on campus in multiple numbers more accessible. Also what stops a student from aquiring them once they get to school? How do you keep a gun secure enough to keep it out of the hands of a crazy student, but accessible enough for a teacher to get to in case the worse does happen? What happens when a teacher snaps on a student? Guns give people a sense of power and authority and are often misused when this happens. Let's say a fight breaks out where a teacher feels like the person whois getting the crap beat out of tthems life is in jeapordy. This teacher now has a gun to pull out and use to break up the fight that they never had access to before. While this sounds great, who's to say that certain teachers might shoot the attacking student? Especially if a student attacks a teacher and the teacher is scared for their own life. Not only do I feel it's not a teachers responsibility to provide security, I don't feel is anyone's responsibility to carry a gun on a school premise except for properly trained officials. I don't think there is anything you can do to completely stop school shootings. I do believe there are extra precautions we could take to help deter them and help prevent the amount of casualties and injured. Putting guns into the hands of untrained teachers and where they could possibly be attained by students is not the answer. I think every school should have metal detectors, a certain ratio of armed officers per amount of students, and maybe some sort of emergency alerting system to help improve response by more trained officials. This is just my opinion though!
Webster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The definition of "dumbass" can be seen in the post above.
Benn

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Gun free zones are great slaughter zones. If I was nuts and wanted to kill a lot of people with no resistance, it's the obvious choice. Criminals and "bad guys" will always be able to get weapons no matter how many laws are passed. Will I follow unconstitional laws passed by congress or by executive order by "his majesty"?

Will I turn in guns?
Ammo?
He'll no, I will ignore them just like he ignores bankruptcy law and many other laws that
Are constitutional!

We are not obligated to follow any unconstitutional law.

Will the come try to disarm citizens?

God help us all if it comes to that because I don't want our own gov't to start a second civil war but I think some in our government would like one so they can have the dictorial control that they desire.
websterfordummie s

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 9, 2013
 
I completely agree with the second post no matter what this fool says. I also think it would be a good idea to give all kids school id cards like in college. In big schools where I came from anyone who looked young could just walk on campus and hang out and no one would know. We had college kids in the hallways making out with their high school girlfriends. Also, when I transferred here to EHS I always wondered why you could come in from the south parking lot and pas all these classrooms before getting to the office. Even coming in from the north parking lot as well there's no security at all. I think it would be smart to have to check in with security before even coming on campus. I heard someone say cameras would help a lot but I don't see how. How does recording murders and murderers help prevent shootings lol? Most of the shooters kill themselves anyways, so Yea?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NO guns for teachers!!!!!
why

Addison, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I watched the news last night and they were talking about how this was such a good idea I agree with the 2nd post too! There are so many other things we could do besides having guns in teachers hands. I thought all political people had degrees? It seems they would have thought this out a lot better before jumping to the conclusion that guns need to be in the hands of teachers. Teachers aren't even trained to handle those situations. Even if they did have them locked in a safe or something. Just having them on campus is a horrible idea. I think we should up security and let police handle that!
Jason

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Teachers in some states are armed now and have been armed for years!

Also, about 40% of schools in the U.S. Have armed police officers
Or guards because it would be unsafe not to have them!

So, ask yourself, if a nut goes to a school and takes aim at your
Child, are you okay with no one there to protect them? I bet if you Could ask Any of the dead in CT, they would plead for someone to defend them.
hmmmmm

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 10, 2013
 
Webster wrote:
The definition of "dumbass" can be seen in the post above.
There are two posts above yours. Which one are you referring to?
lol

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Haha that's a bish slap right in your dumba$$ face. I love when someone tries to make fun of someone and ends up looking stupid!
wake up dumbass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

why wrote:
I watched the news last night and they were talking about how this was such a good idea I agree with the 2nd post too! There are so many other things we could do besides having guns in teachers hands. I thought all political people had degrees? It seems they would have thought this out a lot better before jumping to the conclusion that guns need to be in the hands of teachers. Teachers aren't even trained to handle those situations. Even if they did have them locked in a safe or something. Just having them on campus is a horrible idea. I think we should up security and let police handle that!
This is why we can't have an educated debate. The second poster is incorrect in what is actually being discussed. It's doing away with gun-free zones, NOT ARMING TEACHERS! If one has a concealed carry permit, they would be allowed to carry. Your analysis that "teachers aren't even trained" is why you are not a politician. Just a wasted argument not even on the subject of what is being considered: doing away with gun-free zones.

Your argument should be: Name one GOOD REASON why someone that has gone through the proper background checks, took a course instructed by a state police-certified instructor, and paid for a permit be prohibited from carrying protection anywhere???
Benn

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

wake up dumbass wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why we can't have an educated debate. The second poster is incorrect in what is actually being discussed. It's doing away with gun-free zones, NOT ARMING TEACHERS! If one has a concealed carry permit, they would be allowed to carry. Your analysis that "teachers aren't even trained" is why you are not a politician. Just a wasted argument not even on the subject of what is being considered: doing away with gun-free zones.
Your argument should be: Name one GOOD REASON why someone that has gone through the proper background checks, took a course instructed by a state police-certified instructor, and paid for a permit be prohibited from carrying protection anywhere???
Ding, Ding, Ding!!!! We have a winner!!!!!!

You have no right to deny me my 2nd amendment right!
Anomaly

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Teachers don't need guns in the schools. We don't need metal detectors or armed police officers standing guard.
We need to understand that school shootings, while horribly tragic, are extremely rare occurrences brought on by a very small number of nut cases.
Just tell the media to shut up and quit giving other nut cases
the wake up da person

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anomaly wrote:
Teachers don't need guns in the schools. We don't need metal detectors or armed police officers standing guard.
We need to understand that school shootings, while horribly tragic, are extremely rare occurrences brought on by a very small number of nut cases.
Just tell the media to shut up and quit giving other nut cases
The media attention does encourage other "disturbed" douchebags to follow suit. Well said.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 19, 2013
 
I trust a teacher with a gun more than a cop with a gun.
NRA

White Hall, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 19, 2013
 
Lets arm all the children. The 2nd ammenment is clear. Chillren have rights. It wil end all t he bullyin in school and keep teachers from haveing sex with our daughters and keep the refs fair durrin the football games. all parrents and chilldren should be made to have guns. it will solve all our problems an we wuld be readdy wen the Chinese finally atack.
to dumbass

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 20, 2013
 
NRA wrote:
Lets arm all the children. The 2nd ammenment is clear. Chillren have rights. It wil end all t he bullyin in school and keep teachers from haveing sex with our daughters and keep the refs fair durrin the football games. all parrents and chilldren should be made to have guns. it will solve all our problems an we wuld be readdy wen the Chinese finally atack.
How stupid are you, libby?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandy Alewine fantasy world ends 25 min overheard 30
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr guest 29,610
Morgan couch of Jc (Jan '14) 1 hr omg 48
Annie Gatlin 1 hr omg 6
Festival group tells Mayor to Back Off 2 hr Wow 17
sasa (Aug '11) 11 hr zuki1100 19
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 13 hr Ancient Do Do 9,866
Debate: Ferguson - El Dorado, AR 13 hr Bullseye 73

Search the El Dorado Forum:
•••
•••
El Dorado Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••