Information on Lion Oil China Dishes

Information on Lion Oil China Dishes

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

China

North Little Rock, AR

#1 May 2, 2011
I recently purchased a couple sets of Lion Oil china and was wondering if someone can tell me the history of these dishes. I had heard that the pieces were originally sold in gas stations. Are they very collectible? Do you see piece pop up around El Dorado very often? It might be fun to shop around and add to my collection Thanks for the information in advance.
yeah

El Dorado, AR

#2 May 2, 2011
China wrote:
I recently purchased a couple sets of Lion Oil china and was wondering if someone can tell me the history of these dishes. I had heard that the pieces were originally sold in gas stations. Are they very collectible? Do you see piece pop up around El Dorado very often? It might be fun to shop around and add to my collection Thanks for the information in advance.
They are going to shut down soon, so they'll probably not be worth much.

El Dorado, AR

#3 May 2, 2011
they are not going to shut down, as far as the dishes, yes you can find them around, flea markets, aucions, etc. not worth much, just fun to collect
Lone Wolf

El Dorado, AR

#4 Aug 31, 2013
I have several pieces of Lion Oil china. Would sell if anyone is interested.
James aka Lone Wolf aka The Patriot
[email protected]
former Arkansas resident

Dubois, WY

#6 Jan 15, 2014
China wrote:
If your sets are Kraysons Golden Rhapsody china, they were sold at Lion Oil gas stations in about 1961. If a customer bought a certain amount of gasoline, they could purchase a place setting of china (or various serving pieces) for a minimal amount.

I don't know how easy or difficult it may be to add to your set but I have a huge set that was my mom's. I remember it as the "special occasion" china while growing up in Arkansas. I've stored it for years but have never used it.
Bird Hunter

El Dorado, AR

#7 Jan 15, 2014
Those saucers made good clay pigeons. Shattered perfect with a 12 gauge.
Jolie

United States

#8 Jan 28, 2014
They're pretty common. I've found them at Goodwill and at the Antique store beside Fred's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chemical plants are risky 1 hr Sugar 39
Hotshots struggling 3 hr NotAFan 94
James Kelley 5 hr James Kelley 6
Frank Foster 6 hr Fresca 33
Marilyns bar on the square (Jan '15) 6 hr lmmfao 30
Brookshire's vs Walmart 7 hr Ronald McDonald 5
Executions to Resume in Arkansas today 9 hr Burger King Manijer 2

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance