John

Little Rock, AR

#22 Aug 4, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text> That is a downright lie. Did you even read the article? Check out the other thread I made about it. Or better yet, I'll post my comments for you.
That's not a lie at all. That's exactly what happened. Here's the real issue none of you have raised. How can you justify spending a half million dollars on a startup with 15 jobs at ten dollars an hour?
Evin Rude

El Dorado, AR

#23 Aug 4, 2013
Once again, comments 19, 20 & 21 are the same person. This individual has an extreme mental handicap. How sad. More than apt a shut in with minimum exposure to society. That will explain his need to correspond with himself. Asks a question only to answer it himself. Makes a statement only to agree or disagree with in his next comment. People with this mental disorder are normally in an institution for their on safety and protection.
Evin Rude

El Dorado, AR

#24 Aug 4, 2013
Comment #22 can be added to my last post. My my.
WOW

El Dorado, AR

#25 Aug 4, 2013
mathematician wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lot of required local capital with the very few jobs it would've brought in.
Finally, someone with some smarts......this would cost us, the taxpayers MONEY. get it?
critical thinking

Little Rock, AR

#26 Aug 4, 2013
Evin Rude wrote:
Once again, comments 19, 20 & 21 are the same person. This individual has an extreme mental handicap. How sad. More than apt a shut in with minimum exposure to society. That will explain his need to correspond with himself. Asks a question only to answer it himself. Makes a statement only to agree or disagree with in his next comment. People with this mental disorder are normally in an institution for their on safety and protection.
No, dumbass. I was comment # 20. That was it; now comment #25. Just because you know you're wrong doesn't justify you assuming bullshit as a way to get off subject.
critical thinking

Little Rock, AR

#27 Aug 4, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, someone with some smarts......this would cost us, the taxpayers MONEY. get it?
And why should it? If it is such a great deal, why wouldn't banks provide private capital?
WOW

El Dorado, AR

#28 Aug 4, 2013
critical thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
And why should it? If it is such a great deal, why wouldn't banks provide private capital?
#25 totally agrees!!! No one helped my husband set his business up years ago!
yes yes

El Dorado, AR

#29 Aug 5, 2013
Reality wrote:
Poor Mr. Loftin. He even quoted "I did not want to leave El Dorado, but it felt like my own people didn't want me".
Then Hash makes some total bullsh*t excuse about how the EEDB needs to do a "mid course exam" to see if if there is anything that they are possibly overlooking that they need to intensely examine, because its a tough environment out there.
Wow, ya think? At least Hash made a half-ass attempt to acknowledge they are clearly failing.
Very true. I noticed someone had your other comment deleted.... hmm. I wonder who you pissed off with the truth.
yes yes

El Dorado, AR

#30 Aug 5, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a lie at all. That's exactly what happened. Here's the real issue none of you have raised. How can you justify spending a half million dollars on a startup with 15 jobs at ten dollars an hour?
It was 25 jobs. Proof you didn't read the article.
yes yes

El Dorado, AR

#31 Aug 5, 2013
Here is the post with quotes from the article. Since someone had it DELETED from this thread.

The Headline says "El Dorado's loss; Fordyce's gain"

"A local business owner who proposed to open a boat manufacturing company in El Dorado has instead sealed a deal with Fordyce.....starting with about 25 jobs...... Bill Long, owner of Bills Marine, said he regretted that the effort to launch Titan Marine LLC in El Dorado didn't work out, adding that he was up against a push to get going to fill 100 orders that have already been placed to Titan. Long took a funding request Tuesday to the El Dorado Economic Development Board to help open the business and cited a...'LACK OF SUPPORT FROM THE BOARD' as part of the reason for his decision."

It goes on to state that the EEDB 'didn't have enough information to act on the business loan request'. Funny, because FORDYCE jumped on that opportunity like white on rice.

All in all, Fordyce officials were smart enough to jump on an opportunity. They saw something that would be good for their town and bring it jobs. It states clearly in the article that it took their board 15 minutes to make a unanimous decision. FIFTEEN minutes. So while El Dorado officials made one excuse after the other and twiddled their thumbs, Fordyce took action.

Thanks for screwing this town once again. Mayor Hash and EEDB.

The EEDB is an ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT board, yet they are clearly ANTI BUSINESS. Of course, some idiot will come on here and make some excuse as to why the EEDB is perfect and of course it isn't their fault. Which is, of course, going to be the insanities of that topix stalking lunatic that says stupid sh*t every time he posts. Anyone with half a brain can see that the EEDB is worthless and against the very thing they are organized to do, which is to welcome more jobs here in El Dorado and actively support business.

People need to realize that this is the key to El Dorado's growth. With officials such as the EEDB and Mayor Hash purposely discouraging business to come into this town, that is never going to happen. El Dorado will continue to die.

People have said time and time again that those people only support restaurants and retail in hopes to make El Dorado a festival town. In the process, they are killing any real economic growth and further crippling any chances we might have to thrive again. Anyone with basic sense knows a handful of festivals won't be creating long term businesses, certainly not anything truly economically stimulating.

Corrupt? Maybe not. They are economically incompetent on every matter. Why are we letting ignorant, anti-business idiots ruin this town even more than it already has been these past ten years? Those exact kinds of people being given decision making positions are the ones that punished and discouraged business in the first place, leading to El Dorado's decline. And we are still letting it happen.

Makes any hope for more industry in this town seem pretty bleak.

Here's to another significant population decline by 2020!
derp

Little Rock, AR

#32 Aug 5, 2013
At least some sort of progress would of been made. Maybe we should of bought 2 mobile stages and Four trollies.
Redneck

El Dorado, AR

#33 Aug 5, 2013
Now you know YES YES is thFag, tha gotFag wrote all over i. Just like WOW, why don't you just use DIKBREATH ignorantAzz? Change that name, talk to yourself Gooberlips. This topixHomo is 1 fkingIdiot.
John

El Dorado, AR

#34 Aug 5, 2013
yes yes wrote:
<quoted text> It was 25 jobs. Proof you didn't read the article.
It was 15 until he showed up at the EEDB meeting. Proof you didn't read the business plan.
John

El Dorado, AR

#35 Aug 5, 2013
Also, I will sukieUdikie.
John

El Dorado, AR

#36 Aug 5, 2013
Me and yes yes same homoMF. I talking to my ignorantAzzHomo self. IMAFAG. PLEASE let me sukieUdikie.
actually

Little Rock, AR

#37 Aug 5, 2013
yes yes wrote:
Here is the post with quotes from the article. Since someone had it DELETED from this thread.
The Headline says "El Dorado's loss; Fordyce's gain"
"A local business owner who proposed to open a boat manufacturing company in El Dorado has instead sealed a deal with Fordyce.....starting with about 25 jobs...... Bill Long, owner of Bills Marine, said he regretted that the effort to launch Titan Marine LLC in El Dorado didn't work out, adding that he was up against a push to get going to fill 100 orders that have already been placed to Titan. Long took a funding request Tuesday to the El Dorado Economic Development Board to help open the business and cited a...'LACK OF SUPPORT FROM THE BOARD' as part of the reason for his decision."
It goes on to state that the EEDB 'didn't have enough information to act on the business loan request'. Funny, because FORDYCE jumped on that opportunity like white on rice.
All in all, Fordyce officials were smart enough to jump on an opportunity. They saw something that would be good for their town and bring it jobs. It states clearly in the article that it took their board 15 minutes to make a unanimous decision. FIFTEEN minutes. So while El Dorado officials made one excuse after the other and twiddled their thumbs, Fordyce took action.
Thanks for screwing this town once again. Mayor Hash and EEDB.
The EEDB is an ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT board, yet they are clearly ANTI BUSINESS. Of course, some idiot will come on here and make some excuse as to why the EEDB is perfect and of course it isn't their fault. Which is, of course, going to be the insanities of that topix stalking lunatic that says stupid sh*t every time he posts. Anyone with half a brain can see that the EEDB is worthless and against the very thing they are organized to do, which is to welcome more jobs here in El Dorado and actively support business.
People need to realize that this is the key to El Dorado's growth. With officials such as the EEDB and Mayor Hash purposely discouraging business to come into this town, that is never going to happen. El Dorado will continue to die.
People have said time and time again that those people only support restaurants and retail in hopes to make El Dorado a festival town. In the process, they are killing any real economic growth and further crippling any chances we might have to thrive again. Anyone with basic sense knows a handful of festivals won't be creating long term businesses, certainly not anything truly economically stimulating.
Corrupt? Maybe not. They are economically incompetent on every matter. Why are we letting ignorant, anti-business idiots ruin this town even more than it already has been these past ten years? Those exact kinds of people being given decision making positions are the ones that punished and discouraged business in the first place, leading to El Dorado's decline. And we are still letting it happen.
Makes any hope for more industry in this town seem pretty bleak.
Here's to another significant population decline by 2020!
Economical Incompetence? Investing in something that every bank in town would turn down. Good luck flushing your money down the drain, Fordyce!
actually

Little Rock, AR

#38 Aug 5, 2013
yes yes wrote:
<quoted text> It was 25 jobs. Proof you didn't read the article.
It was 15 jobs. Proof you are speaking on something you have little competence of. 15 jobs in the proposal, but 25 in the article, with the "potential" for more jobs!

Read the News Times article on Page 2 of today's paper: about the Hot Springs man using business start-up financing for other endeavors. Sound familiar? Looks like El Dorado dodged a "potential" bullet.
atually

El Dorado, AR

#39 Aug 5, 2013
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
It was 15 jobs. Proof you are speaking on something you have little competence of. 15 jobs in the proposal, but 25 in the article, with the "potential" for more jobs!
Read the News Times article on Page 2 of today's paper: about the Hot Springs man using business start-up financing for other endeavors. Sound familiar? Looks like El Dorado dodged a "potential" bullet.
Do you see my fagAzz talking to yes yes? I am yes yes. I'm also an ignorantAzzFag. ALL these comments are mine, I'm a fkingHomoIdiot. IMAFAG.
derp

Little Rock, AR

#40 Aug 5, 2013
El Dorado might of dodged a bullet, but while doing it stepped on a land mine.

Idea!! lets take 2mil of EEDB money, and make a gold statue of Madison Murphy with money blowing out of his a$$.
derp

El Dorado, AR

#41 Aug 5, 2013
And a monument of me giving a dog A BJ. IMAFAG.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 40 min Just asking 10,063
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 10 hr GuEst 29,898
Topix in general 12 hr EldoMasterBlaster 14
What's up with the free call phones (Jul '11) 13 hr Grigori 58
Daniel Riddell 13 hr dummmmb 11
Whos Morgan Couch's Baby Daddy 13 hr dummmmb 13
So Glad this Person has been Dumbed Down a Bit 14 hr Duck lover 95

El Dorado Jobs

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado

Personal Finance