Titan boat plant ElDorado loses plant to Fordyce

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Resident

United States

#1 Aug 3, 2013
What a JOKE ElDorado loses the Titan boat mfg plant to Fordyce!!! Why does the Chamber of Commerce and elected city officals continue to turn industry down that generates revenue to keep economy good the crime rate down and people can have jobs money!! What the heck are they thinking!! They want retail merchants to survive but it never will at the rate these idiots are going!!! STUPIDITY RUNS THIS CITY THATS A FACT
Resident

United States

#2 Aug 3, 2013
FRANK HASH YOU ARE A FREKING MORON!! YOU DONT GIVE A SHT ABOUT THE RESIDENTS THAT THOUGHT ENOUGH OF YOU TO VOTE YOU IN!!! You are all about how many stupid overpriced deals you can make and whats in it for YOU!"! YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT THE PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY AND WHATS GOOD FOR THE ECONOMIC GROWTH OF THE COMMUNITY OR THE POVERTY RATE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE THE CRIME RATE, OR A DA*N THING!!! ITS ALL ABOUT YOU AND YOUR CRONIES!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE AND SPEAK UP!!! OUR MAYOR IS A POS
Alton

El Dorado, AR

#3 Aug 4, 2013
Resident- You sound like a JOI that has been drinking from the nasty john.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 4, 2013
a boat plant can't make money unless it makes a desirable product at a competitive price. how do they expect to manage this?
LMAO

El Dorado, AR

#5 Aug 4, 2013
ALL 3 comments the topixFag. Talk to yourself dikBreath. LMAO. U R 1 ignorantAzzHomoMF. LMAO. GoHomoGo. Change that name Gooberlips. Lick them food stamps U useless POS.
LMAO

El Dorado, AR

#6 Aug 4, 2013
WHOA, make that 4 comments. The HOMO is in high gear. 24/7, running wideAzz open, fagFast.
John

Little Rock, AR

#7 Aug 4, 2013
Resident wrote:
What a JOKE ElDorado loses the Titan boat mfg plant to Fordyce!!! Why does the Chamber of Commerce and elected city officals continue to turn industry down that generates revenue to keep economy good the crime rate down and people can have jobs money!! What the heck are they thinking!! They want retail merchants to survive but it never will at the rate these idiots are going!!! STUPIDITY RUNS THIS CITY THATS A FACT
Nobody turned down industry. The EEDB said they weren't prepared to give a half million dollars to a startup whose business plan didn't match the figures given in the pitch to the board. That doesn't mean the city, county and chamber weren't working to help the company. They were. But apparently he couldn't make the project work with $500,000 in public money.
mathematician

Little Rock, AR

#8 Aug 4, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody turned down industry. The EEDB said they weren't prepared to give a half million dollars to a startup whose business plan didn't match the figures given in the pitch to the board. That doesn't mean the city, county and chamber weren't working to help the company. They were. But apparently he couldn't make the project work with $500,000 in public money.
That's a lot of required local capital with the very few jobs it would've brought in.
Reality

El Dorado, AR

#9 Aug 4, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody turned down industry. The EEDB said they weren't prepared to give a half million dollars to a startup whose business plan didn't match the figures given in the pitch to the board. That doesn't mean the city, county and chamber weren't working to help the company. They were. But apparently he couldn't make the project work with $500,000 in public money.
That is a downright lie. Did you even read the article? Check out the other thread I made about it. Or better yet, I'll post my comments for you.
Reality

El Dorado, AR

#11 Aug 4, 2013
Poor Mr. Loftin. He even quoted "I did not want to leave El Dorado, but it felt like my own people didn't want me".

Then Hash makes some total bullsh*t excuse about how the EEDB needs to do a "mid course exam" to see if if there is anything that they are possibly overlooking that they need to intensely examine, because its a tough environment out there.

Wow, ya think? At least Hash made a half-ass attempt to acknowledge they are clearly failing.
ummm

El Dorado, AR

#12 Aug 4, 2013
Reality wrote:
Poor Mr. Loftin. He even quoted "I did not want to leave El Dorado, but it felt like my own people didn't want me".
Then Hash makes some total bullsh*t excuse about how the EEDB needs to do a "mid course exam" to see if if there is anything that they are possibly overlooking that they need to intensely examine, because its a tough environment out there.
Wow, ya think? At least Hash made a half-ass attempt to acknowledge they are clearly failing.
Proof they know they messed up and now that word has gotten out Hash is having to apologize to the public and make excuses! Dudes a moron! How the hell did he get elected. What rich family put him there?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#13 Aug 4, 2013
ummm wrote:
<quoted text> Proof they know they messed up and now that word has gotten out Hash is having to apologize to the public and make excuses! Dudes a moron! How the hell did he get elected. What rich family put him there?
Hash spent a little over $2,000.00 to get elected. His largest supporter was R. "Bubba" Long with $500.00. As I remember the article in the paper, the Dr.'s wife had around $90,000.00 available though she did not spend that much. An Alderson family friend told me that Edwin got the former hospital administrator to run because the Mason backed Dr.'s wife was too radical. I think the former hospital administrator ( Twink Sr.?) spent a little over $40,000.00 running four races ( primary, run off, general, run off ) in one year. I don't remember what Glosson and the young white dude spent.
Dave120

El Dorado, AR

#14 Aug 4, 2013
One thing has always been clear to me FRANK HASH is a damn joke on the image of Eldorado. But of course the people have elected a lot of idiots in the past few years.

El Dorado will be stuck in the mud without some good leadership.
Mary Elizabeth

Little Rock, AR

#15 Aug 4, 2013
Vote Benito Glosson for mayor!!!!!!
TGIF

Crossett, AR

#16 Aug 4, 2013
The boat plant, well you can look at it two ways...

First, IF the boat plant is still in business after the first year, then you can say that the EEDB made a good choice.

Second, you can blame the EEDB for making the bone-headed decision to let the boat plant go to Fordyce should it survive the first year.

Choose saides if you wish.

As for Hash, the News-Times said it best a couple of years ago when Sara Mitchell called Hash "The Accidental Mayor". The only reason Hash is mayor is that the voters didn't want Luther Lewis as mayor. Looks like Hash is the one who needs the "mid course exam", and he'll fail miserably.

Vote his ass out along with the rest of the council.
Evin Rude

El Dorado, AR

#17 Aug 4, 2013
You can tell reading all these comments that it is the same person posting all of them. Kinda childish/moronish. How can one subject that is done and over with amuse anyone? Somebody who has nothing to do but repeatedly make useless comments does not have a life at all. Are you an invalid with a physical confinement to residence? If so are you under a mental watch as well by a parent or guardian? Restrictions such as this will quiet often bring on non essential substance such as your comments.
Redneck

El Dorado, AR

#18 Aug 4, 2013
Evin Rude wrote:
You can tell reading all these comments that it is the same person posting all of them. Kinda childish/moronish. How can one subject that is done and over with amuse anyone? Somebody who has nothing to do but repeatedly make useless comments does not have a life at all. Are you an invalid with a physical confinement to residence? If so are you under a mental watch as well by a parent or guardian? Restrictions such as this will quiet often bring on non essential substance such as your comments.
You hit that nail on the head. He also a FkingFagFreak. LMAO.
Its Scott Biatches

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Aug 4, 2013
When somebody wants government money to start a business that means he has no backers or money of his own, maybe he should have went to Smackover where the last boat plant that went out of buisness was located.
good riddance

Harrisburg, AR

#20 Aug 4, 2013
ummm wrote:
<quoted text> Proof they know they messed up and now that word has gotten out Hash is having to apologize to the public and make excuses! Dudes a moron! How the hell did he get elected. What rich family put him there?
The too legit Glosson family. His 5 years of driving a bus for the Strong School District allowed him the opportunity to retire early and lobby for his personal self interests.
critical thinking

Harrisburg, AR

#21 Aug 4, 2013
Its Scott Biatches wrote:
When somebody wants government money to start a business that means he has no backers or money of his own, maybe he should have went to Smackover where the last boat plant that went out of buisness was located.
That is the exact problem with all of this. When did business startups become dependent on PUBLIC MONEY? The whole idea of a capitalistic society is taking risks, not passing them on to the public. If this guy needs a loan, go to the bank.

Oh, that's right...the lack of private lending due to government generousity led to banks lowering loan requirements, which led to a housing bubble. Which has led to the current mess that we're in. If he knew that the bank wouldn't finance him, then a 15-minute decision by an incompetent Fordyce council will provide what that desperate town deserves. You stay classy, El Dorado.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Jenks 30,435
white van being searched for 3 hr Check facts first 9
Laura B. Mason arrested for solicitation to com... (Jun '13) 4 hr TOO FUNNY 829
Review: Mason Plumbing Co (Jan '09) 5 hr ifyouonlyknew 23
if your not with your highschool sweetheart you... 5 hr sogladimgone 7
Crystal Husbands 11 hr Vomitonher 21
Donations for Lake Patterson (Oct '11) Sat The Not Guilty 5
El Dorado Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:45 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:45AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Saints
Bleacher Report10:16 AM
Complete Preview for Saints vs. Falcons
NFL11:56 AM
DeMarco Murray plans to play for Cowboys vs. Colts
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins