El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

This looks promising.
not as large as i had imagined, but i see where it continues onto the next page, so there no telling how much more there will be .

I guess there will be a land rush on the Northeast side of the county now.
Fishin

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

This could be really good for El Dorado IF it works. It could bring some tourists in. We could always use a new fishing hole.
Yum

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Right between Lion Oil reserve tanks and Clean Harbors.
george

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

maybe it will elevate us up too the likes of hoer and farmerville. look what a lake has done for those towns!!
george

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Homer and Farmerville i meant. Lakes have really turned them into mega metropolis!
BeJeeBuss

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

How about all you naysayers STFU. Seriously. This IS NOT Louisiana. I friggin REPEAT NOT LOUISIANA. This is the largest county in Arkansas. If done correctly, this could benefit us like the recreation lakes have done for East Texas and communities like Hot Springs. People are working hard to do something for this area. If you can't give tangible, constructive ideas. PIPE DOWN.

I just can't stand trolls. End. Of. Story.
Gottaget

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

PIPE DOWN? Anger Management appears to be in you're future agenda.
King Biscuit

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

Great. Looks like my house will be under water.
King Biscuit

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

This will never happen. I see one major flaw. At this location, it would take a 5 mile bridge on Moro Bay Hwy according to the pic.
wrong

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

King Biscuit wrote:
This will never happen. I see one major flaw. At this location, it would take a 5 mile bridge on Moro Bay Hwy according to the pic.
the city of el dorado isnt five miles from one end to the other
i think you measuring wrong
snopes

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

april fool
Well

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

King Biscuit wrote:
And, for what it is worth, I believe that is Champagnolle Road, not Moro Bay Hwy, cutting thru the middle of the "lake".
Yesyesyes

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Judged:

Don't tease! Is this a REAL possibility? Because it would be great for the area. I would love to see something like this happen for El Dorado. Since the politics in this town are too corrupt to get anything productive done to bring in jobs, this seems like one of the only things that could happen to bring more people into the area.
dr twink let its

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Oh snap! King Biscuit, it looks like you don't have a damn clue to what you are talking about! Crawl back underneath that rock. It's safer there for you.

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

where exactly is it going to be, name a some landmarks, thanks
urbangrunt

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

guest wrote:
where exactly is it going to be, name a some landmarks, thanks
Still searching for sites. More than likely east of El Dorado because of elevation slope.
King Biscuit

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

dr twink let its wrote:
Oh snap! King Biscuit, it looks like you don't have a damn clue to what you are talking about! Crawl back underneath that rock. It's safer there for you.
Hey tiny twink....go out on champagnolle, go to the lake and get chucked!
DLF

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

There's also a proposed Aquarium. Can you believe that? Most Aquariums I've been to (New Orleans, Galveston, Tampa, etc.) are near large bodies of water (oceans). We're nowhere near an ocean. They also propose conference rooms in the Aquarium, like they have in the new conference center. Why in the world would they need conference rooms? They didn't build that new conference center for nothing.

IT doesn't seem to matter what they come up with. It might be a hit for the first few months but like everything else around here....it too will wane down. It's the level of people's mentality around here. Not saying everyone is dumb, just saying the lack of caring attitude around here says it all. It's been that way since before I moved here and I'm sure it'll be that way long after I'm gone.
kremlin

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

DLF wrote:
There's also a proposed Aquarium. Can you believe that? Most Aquariums I've been to (New Orleans, Galveston, Tampa, etc.) are near large bodies of water (oceans). We're nowhere near an ocean. They also propose conference rooms in the Aquarium, like they have in the new conference center. Why in the world would they need conference rooms? They didn't build that new conference center for nothing.
IT doesn't seem to matter what they come up with. It might be a hit for the first few months but like everything else around here....it too will wane down. It's the level of people's mentality around here. Not saying everyone is dumb, just saying the lack of caring attitude around here says it all. It's been that way since before I moved here and I'm sure it'll be that way long after I'm gone.
There are still very good volunteers in this town, thank you very much.
Benefit

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

BeJeeBuss wrote:
How about all you naysayers STFU. Seriously. This IS NOT Louisiana. I friggin REPEAT NOT LOUISIANA. This is the largest county in Arkansas. If done correctly, this could benefit us like the recreation lakes have done for East Texas and communities like Hot Springs. People are working hard to do something for this area. If you can't give tangible, constructive ideas. PIPE DOWN.
I just can't stand trolls. End. Of. Story.
Do you really think El Dorado can come become a lake town? Like a weekend place for people to visit? It would be nice but I don't see it. Hot Springs is just too close for El Dorado to have a draw.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Pondering 29,085
Big Men, Little "problem" 3 hr Duck lover 80
samantha miller 7 hr hyfr 17
Eldorado , Entire city needs to be cleaned up,! 10 hr Wilson 6
Where is the best dance school in El Dorado? 15 hr EDF is the best 24
imposters 19 hr Tinman Ex Gringo 14
duck lovers twerking videos 20 hr queefers 2
•••
•••