Murphy USA station opening soon
robbed

El Dorado, AR

#63 Dec 19, 2013
We've been robbed long enough, $0.35 in one week and people complain. That is almost $10 a week for my household. Now there is another 500 to spend per year on other goods and services. This will help our local economy far more than a handful of station owners lining pockets that are stuffed
abc

El Dorado, AR

#64 Dec 20, 2013
People, use the math you received in elementary school. Read the prices. 2 for $2.25 does do reveal price for 1.
LOL Advertising ploy.
I bought 1 coke @$1.69 @ Murphy. I was buying same @ hurryback for $ 1.59. Bottle, I don't do fountain.
you do the math.
gooberman

El Dorado, AR

#65 Dec 20, 2013
abc wrote:
People, use the math you received in elementary school. Read the prices. 2 for $2.25 does do reveal price for 1.
LOL Advertising ploy.
I bought 1 coke @$1.69 @ Murphy. I was buying same @ hurryback for $ 1.59. Bottle, I don't do fountain.
you do the math.
What does that have to do with gas DUMBA&&
lmao

El Dorado, AR

#66 Dec 20, 2013
The money saved on five gallons of gas since musa opened pays for the whole coke
stoly

United States

#67 Dec 20, 2013
ShoNuff wrote:
<quoted text>No one has ever said they aren't out to make a profit but they can also sell gas here for fifty cents a gallon if they want to and go up a penny at all of their other locations and still make a profit. Murphy isn't about to put "local" businesses out. Do you honestly believe that they even remotely believe that they can be the only gas station in this town? What they can do is keep the local scumbag crooks that have been robbing us for years keep their prices down lower than they want to and help all of us no matter what station a person chooses to fill up at. Total ignorance!
U should probably learn basic math skills. They can't sell fuel below cost and make money. So comical!

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

#68 Dec 20, 2013
stoly wrote:
<quoted text>
U should probably learn basic math skills. They can't sell fuel below cost and make money. So comical!
And you should learn to read.
Sell gas here below cost.
Increase cost by a penny in all of their other 1600 locations.
Profit.
kc

United States

#69 Dec 20, 2013
EldoMasterBlaster wrote:
<quoted text>And you should learn to read.
Sell gas here below cost.
Increase cost by a penny in all of their other 1600 locations.
Profit.
So they gouge at their other locations to make up for the loss here? And btw, they have 1200 stores.
abc

El Dorado, AR

#70 Dec 20, 2013
gooberman wrote:
<quoted text>What does that have to do with gas DUMBA&&
Gas is the same SMART guy! Can't you read?
fact

Pine Bluff, AR

#71 Dec 20, 2013
I love how Murphy had their "grand opening" today and they weren't even the lowest in town.
stoly

El Dorado, AR

#72 Dec 20, 2013
abc wrote:
<quoted text>Gas is the same SMART guy! Can't you read?
Abc, glad to know someone else actually gets it! We r wasting our time trying to explain this to closed minded individuals.
Well

United States

#73 Dec 20, 2013
fact wrote:
I love how Murphy had their "grand opening" today and they weren't even the lowest in town.
$281 - 10 cpg making it $271 which cartel member has it for less I have looked all over town and I havent seen it if its a fact spit it out free drinks and coffee too at murphy any size south ar oil dont give a damn thing away thats how they live it up like they do
Well

United States

#74 Dec 20, 2013
Plain truth is they been robbing people too long
and the pumps are all still full hurryback still havent lowered their gas prices either pumps are still full of customers they will keep their gas prices up until everyone boycotts their ass. Sad but people could stick together and force them to come off their gas prices but they are not
Well

United States

#75 Dec 20, 2013
They have done come down $0.35 since murphy has opened and would still be that high if murphy had never opened. NOW MULTIPLY $0.35 TIMES THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF GALLONS THEY SELL EVERY YEAR ITS OUT OF THIS WORLD WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN RIPPING PEOPLE FOR FOR YEARS.. DO THE MATH STUPID! THEY STILL WOULD BE ROBBING THE POOR PEOPLE OUT OF MILLIONS EVERY YEAR WITH THEIR PRICE FIXING MONOPOLY MURPHY FORCED THEM DOWN A FACT WAKE UP PEOPLE ITS PAYBACK TIME
Tagger

El Dorado, AR

#76 Dec 20, 2013
kc wrote:
<quoted text>
So they gouge at their other locations to make up for the loss here? And btw, they have 1200 stores.
Going up a penny a gallon hardly constitutes price gouging. What the scumbags did at all the other stations in town was. Face the facts, had Murphy not opened , we would still be paying at least 3.15 a gallon and likely more than that. It's your right to dislike Murphy USA , but you cannot deny what happened to gas prices after they opened.
well

Chicago, IL

#77 Dec 21, 2013
It's amazing what comes to light in El Dorado as soon as there's competition in anything at all.
Well

United States

#79 Dec 21, 2013
Thieving price gouging price fixing mob . They are not big enough to intimidate Murphy I hope murphy keeps lowering the bar still making money its funny how gas prices started falling just prior to muurphys opening . They have ripped us off too long
kc

El Dorado, AR

#80 Dec 22, 2013
Tagger wrote:
<quoted text>Going up a penny a gallon hardly constitutes price gouging. What the scumbags did at all the other stations in town was. Face the facts, had Murphy not opened , we would still be paying at least 3.15 a gallon and likely more than that. It's your right to dislike Murphy USA , but you cannot deny what happened to gas prices after they opened.
I understand completely what has happened. They are selling fuel below cost. They can afford to do that. I don't have a dislike for Murphy. People just think they are some gas charity savior and that's totally ridiculous.
Info

El Dorado, AR

#81 Dec 22, 2013
During the grand opening they gave you a code to put in which saved you another .10 per gallon and a free drink!!! So YES they were still the lowest in town !!
Well

United States

#82 Dec 22, 2013
Lowest price and are not selling gas below cost thats a fact the cartel members are speeading that lie to cover up for ripping the public off so long they got away with it long as they could if murphy hadnt opened and brought down the ripoff prices around here we would still be paying $3.25 or more a gallon at the pump. I personally am filling at murphy to show gratitude they lowered the bar and cartel members have had it too good too long until murphy showed the public what gas can sell for and still make a profit. Say whatever out of town businesses loading gas at lion oil and trucking expenses of bringing it to their out of town businesses still had much cheaper gas prices than local station owners loading at same place and delivering to a local station.. Explain that
actually

Memphis, TN

#83 Dec 22, 2013
Unleaded Gas Prices

El Dorado $2.81per Gallon
Fordyce $2.99 per Gallon
Sheridan $2.99 per Gallon
Little Rock $3.09 per Gallon
Benton $3.13 per Gallon

Thank you Murphy USA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 32 min BARNEYII 40,904
Moving to Arkansas what are nice areas in El Do... 1 hr Mee 12
Recommendations for shopping locally? 10 hr Mee 6
Since cops are popular lately. Nov 21 Oppressed 11
Cute nice guy (Dec '16) Nov 20 Blondie 25
Local DJ's? Nov 20 snowflake 4
Playoff game in El Dorado Nov 18 Obvious 2

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance