Murphy USA station opening soon
jaoln

United States

#42 Dec 12, 2013
Calion cracker box is still at 2.99, missile mart on 167 is at 2.84 and hurry back closer to wmart is at 2.83. Called cracker box before I left Calion and they would not give me their gas price. Wouldn't even tell me if it was lower than 2.99 from this morning. They were the cheapest on my route, but that will no longer be the case.
Tagger

Magnolia, AR

#43 Dec 12, 2013
If the cartel wants to get into a pissing match with Murphy USA, I wish them well. They aren't near as big as Murphy.
Happy Driver

United States

#44 Dec 12, 2013
Gas prices in El Dorado have dropped at-least 33 cents since Murphy opened less than 36 hours ago, while the market has only dropped a couple of cents. Looks like the competition is going to try to follow Murphy; Give it up! I bet they think this is temporary; they'd better think again. Murphy wins with volume people! Everywhere you go Brookshires always has the same price as Murphy within a penny. Murphy is a leader not a follower. They set the prices in towns, not follow what everybody else is doing. I bet it is like this in every small town that Murphy opens a store in. These gas stations have been gouging us long enough. Time for revenge! Shop at Murphy! Time to show these small timers what it feels like to lose money. Murphy is looking out for the people of El Dorado and wants to put money back in the pockets of the little guy, not just a few greedy "business men" who have been stealing from us for all these years.
girly girl

United States

#46 Dec 12, 2013
I agree happy driver. These other stations have dropped this much in a day and still can make profit??? It's not right. I will drive across town to get Murphy oil just out of spite. And if you do the card inside Walmart you save 5 more cents I believe.
smelldorado

Knoxville, TN

#47 Dec 12, 2013
ethanol wrote:
E15 is fine for any 01 and newer or flex fuel vehicle. I wouldn't put it in my small engine equipment, but in any newer car it is fine.

Honestly there aren't a whole lot of vehicles that are daily driven older than 01 as a percent of vehicles on the road. If they still are in won't be for much longer.
...and you get lower gas mileage. Ethanol had 35% less energy in it than pure gas.
NextUp

Little Rock, AR

#48 Dec 12, 2013
How about another Murphy USA at Main & 167 on the SW side across from the bank.
jaoln

United States

#49 Dec 13, 2013
Tagger wrote:
If the cartel wants to get into a pissing match with Murphy USA, I wish them well. They aren't near as big as Murphy.
They loved being called "The Cartel". It gives them a sense of power and status. Need to just call them the scumbag crooks and leave it at that.
well

Chicago, IL

#50 Dec 13, 2013
From $3.35 to $2.83. Draw your own conclusions. Do business with those who treat you right.

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

#51 Dec 13, 2013
well wrote:
From $3.35 to $2.83. Draw your own conclusions. Do business with those who treat you right.
There is no way the cartel will be able to keep up over the long haul. Murphy can outlast them by a huge factor. So the prices will go back up but Murphy will be there to keep them somewhat honest. But when the prices do level out remember WHO made it happen and reward them.
Smiling

United States

#52 Dec 13, 2013
Murphy is sets the bar. They are always the first to go down in price, and the last to go up.

Murphy has done more good for this region than these scumbag crooks can pretend to do in their lifetimes. I bid farewell to the thieves. Murphy will smash them, and will look out for the mom and pops. Money back in our pockets in terms of savings. Murphy is now the Robin Hood of El Dorado; taking back from the rich what they stole from the poor. I had never researched gasoline prices until I saw the impact that Murphy had in our town. When I started digging, I couldn't believe how much money these other places have been making off of us relative the the national & regional statistics.
GasHawg

El Dorado, AR

#53 Dec 13, 2013
smelldorado wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you get lower gas mileage. Ethanol had 35% less energy in it than pure gas.
Good luck finding non ethanol blend gasoline. If you do it's going to be quite a bit more expensive since ethanol costs less than gasoline. You can thank Obomba for the ethanol blend mandates.
Pathetic

Kinder, LA

#54 Dec 14, 2013
NextUp wrote:
How about another Murphy USA at Main & 167 on the SW side across from the bank.
USA's are only built in front of Walmart, deal BTW the 2 companies!
Willie

El Dorado, AR

#55 Dec 14, 2013
GasHawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck finding non ethanol blend gasoline. If you do it's going to be quite a bit more expensive since ethanol costs less than gasoline. You can thank Obomba for the ethanol blend mandates.
Obama is the reason for everything that has gone wrong in this country. He lies,divides,disrespects the laws of this country. My health insurance and wages have gone down the hill since he took office. He is the worst President and that includes Jimmy Carter.
wrong

El Dorado, AR

#56 Dec 14, 2013
Pathetic wrote:
<quoted text> USA's are only built in front of Walmart, deal BTW the 2 companies!
They have stores that are not located next to a Walmart.
Pathetic

Kinder, LA

#57 Dec 14, 2013
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
They have stores that are not located next to a Walmart.
They do have "stores" that are not USA's that are not in front if WalMart called Express. Your comment said how about a "Murphy USA" on 167. USA's are only in front of Walmart. Just stating a fact!
what

El Dorado, AR

#58 Dec 15, 2013
Pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>They do have "stores" that are not USA's that are not in front if WalMart called Express. Your comment said how about a "Murphy USA" on 167. USA's are only in front of Walmart. Just stating a fact!
They are both owned by Murphy USA. The point is that Murphy USA could open a store that wasn't in front of a Walmart if they could. Which they do and that is also stating a fact. The only reason it was mentioned is because everyone thinks that Murphy USA will only put a store in front of a Walmart, which is false.
abc

El Dorado, AR

#59 Dec 16, 2013
Smiling wrote:
Murphy is sets the bar. They are always the first to go down in price, and the last to go up.
Murphy has done more good for this region than these scumbag crooks can pretend to do in their lifetimes. I bid farewell to the thieves. Murphy will smash them, and will look out for the mom and pops. Money back in our pockets in terms of savings. Murphy is now the Robin Hood of El Dorado; taking back from the rich what they stole from the poor. I had never researched gasoline prices until I saw the impact that Murphy had in our town. When I started digging, I couldn't believe how much money these other places have been making off of us relative the the national & regional statistics.
Do you believe Murphy is here to save you or make money? They make money! Otherwise they would not be in business. Right now they are trying to establish a customer following and then watch. Time will tell. In the meantime, enjoy.
well

Chicago, IL

#60 Dec 16, 2013
Walmart's ploy is to underprice competitors and drive them out of business, then raise prices. I don't have any experience with Murphy USA to know if that's their tactic..
stoly

El Dorado, AR

#61 Dec 19, 2013
Happy Driver wrote:
Gas prices in El Dorado have dropped at-least 33 cents since Murphy opened less than 36 hours ago, while the market has only dropped a couple of cents. Looks like the competition is going to try to follow Murphy; Give it up! I bet they think this is temporary; they'd better think again. Murphy wins with volume people! Everywhere you go Brookshires always has the same price as Murphy within a penny. Murphy is a leader not a follower. They set the prices in towns, not follow what everybody else is doing. I bet it is like this in every small town that Murphy opens a store in. These gas stations have been gouging us long enough. Time for revenge! Shop at Murphy! Time to show these small timers what it feels like to lose money. Murphy is looking out for the people of El Dorado and wants to put money back in the pockets of the little guy, not just a few greedy "business men" who have been stealing from us for all these years.
You obviously have no understanding of how business works. Murphy follows the walmart philosophy and can afford to sell gas below cost. They try to put local businesses out of business and then they can control the market and price how they choose. You really think they are looking out for the people??? That is the most comical thing I've ever heard. So in other words, you're saying they built a 2 million dollar store and don't expect to make a profit? Total ignorance!
ShoNuff

El Dorado, AR

#62 Dec 19, 2013
stoly wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have no understanding of how business works. Murphy follows the walmart philosophy and can afford to sell gas below cost. They try to put local businesses out of business and then they can control the market and price how they choose. You really think they are looking out for the people??? That is the most comical thing I've ever heard. So in other words, you're saying they built a 2 million dollar store and don't expect to make a profit? Total ignorance!
No one has ever said they aren't out to make a profit but they can also sell gas here for fifty cents a gallon if they want to and go up a penny at all of their other locations and still make a profit. Murphy isn't about to put "local" businesses out. Do you honestly believe that they even remotely believe that they can be the only gas station in this town? What they can do is keep the local scumbag crooks that have been robbing us for years keep their prices down lower than they want to and help all of us no matter what station a person chooses to fill up at. Total ignorance!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Silver Corvette 3 min Trina 2
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 min Question 35,033
To Much Make Up 45 min Truth 4
Got'm 1 hr Mira 1
Lee P 2 hr to eldochick 6
LanXess energizing chemistry 2 hr weller 7
Bring back Barack 5 hr Think about it more 41
New "El Do Land" video 18 hr Right 39

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web