Comments
1 - 20 of 97 Comments Last updated Dec 24, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Tony

Mountain Pine, AR

#1 Nov 23, 2013
I can't wait until Murphy USA station opens. I've been a loyal Exxon Expressway customer but not for long. The displays on the pumps are half lit, receipt paper empty which forces you to go in to get a receipt. I never buy a car wash but I always have to reject the offer. Bye bye Exxon! Hello lower fuel prices.
really tho

El Dorado, AR

#2 Dec 1, 2013
i doubt they will have lower prices, even being murphy lol. I guess i dont mind a new gas station, but we need to stop building goddamn churches and gas stations and start building places to eat!

Since: Jan 13

United States

#3 Dec 2, 2013
They'll have lower prices. Murphy doesn't have to play by the cartels rules.
Danica

El Dorado, AR

#4 Dec 3, 2013
Join me in buying gas only from Murphy for one year. Its pay back time!!!! People of El Dorado have been getting ripped off on gas prices for generations. PAY BACK TIME!
good

El Dorado, AR

#5 Dec 3, 2013
Danica wrote:
Join me in buying gas only from Murphy for one year. Its pay back time!!!! People of El Dorado have been getting ripped off on gas prices for generations. PAY BACK TIME!
I'm in!!

Lampasas, TX

#6 Dec 3, 2013
Danica wrote:
Count me in as long they stay right on their prices and don't appear to play ball with the cartel. I bet Sewell is pissed.
Ebenezer McDuck

Little Rock, AR

#7 Dec 3, 2013
This location makes no sense. Why didn't they buy the Citgo station right in front of Wal-Mart?
Miller

United States

#8 Dec 4, 2013
Count me in. I'm not mad at anyone. It just make sense to support the company that is bringing new jobs to El Dorado, committed to lowering fuel prices and gives back to the community.
Pathetic

Sarepta, LA

#9 Dec 4, 2013
Ebenezer McDuck wrote:
This location makes no sense. Why didn't they buy the Citgo station right in front of Wal-Mart?
umm, they DID buy the citgo in front of Walmart!!! All Murphy USA's are in front of Walmart, that is what USA's are, gas stations in front of Walmart, its a deal with Walmart where you get a discount on gas with Walmart gift card or credit card. Duh!!!

Lampasas, TX

#10 Dec 4, 2013
Ebenezer McDuck wrote:
They did buy it. Then tore it down and removed the existing underground fuel tanks which did belong to a cartel member. They have their own store designs and fuel tanks. Which is why the cartel can't make them play ball. Every other station in town has their fuel tanks at a minimum owned by a cartel member which is why they all change prices at the same time.
well

Chicago, IL

#11 Dec 4, 2013
Dison wrote:
<quoted text>
Count me in as long they stay right on their prices and don't appear to play ball with the cartel. I bet Sewell is pissed.
Funny how people here get pissed as soon as there's a little competition.
Danica

El Dorado, AR

#12 Dec 4, 2013
BOYCOTT ALL LOCAL GAS STATIONS EXCEPT MURPHY FOR A YEAR
Danica

El Dorado, AR

#13 Dec 4, 2013
Make them bring down their prices!
Slick

Crossett, AR

#14 Dec 4, 2013
Damn...

Murphy's prices will be lower when they start out, but over time, they'll be the same with very little variation. Same thing was said when Brookshires opened.

Wait and see
Not

El Dorado, AR

#15 Dec 4, 2013
Magnolia is still cheaper than here.

I will only use them. They are one of the largest high paying employers in our town. I will now go out of my way to keep them going and growing.
well

Chicago, IL

#16 Dec 4, 2013
Slick wrote:
Damn...
Murphy's prices will be lower when they start out, but over time, they'll be the same with very little variation. Same thing was said when Brookshires opened.
Wait and see
Most of Brookshire's competition has disappeared over the years.
Ebenezer McDuck

Little Rock, AR

#17 Dec 4, 2013
Dison wrote:
<quoted text>
They did buy it. Then tore it down and removed the existing underground fuel tanks which did belong to a cartel member. They have their own store designs and fuel tanks. Which is why the cartel can't make them play ball. Every other station in town has their fuel tanks at a minimum owned by a cartel member which is why they all change prices at the same time.
Dison - thank you for the clarification. When i looked up the address on google maps, it showed up in a parking lot a block away. Maybe I should visit El Do more often...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18 Dec 5, 2013
Ebenezer McDuck wrote:
<quoted text>When i looked up the address on google maps
they're seriously unreliable for locating street addresses-- is anybody bothering to submit corrections?
Farley

Little Rock, AR

#19 Dec 5, 2013
Ebenezer McDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dison - thank you for the clarification. When i looked up the address on google maps, it showed up in a parking lot a block away. Maybe I should visit El Do more often...
...befor you comment? We all agree you should before you make yourself look like a complete jaxkass.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#20 Dec 5, 2013
The Leader says opening day is next Wednesday, December 11.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Duck lover topixFag 34 min GardenNome 2
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 29,667
hot shot cops 4 hr lmao 20
first lesb exp 7 hr the real tinman 18
Baby Doctor 7 hr For Rea 7
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 9 hr guest 9,880
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 9 hr guest 3,839
Big Men, Little "problem" 11 hr Duck lover 100
•••
•••