poll on eldoark.com on clark burton
WRONG

Fort Worth, TX

#41 Mar 9, 2010
burton4sheriff wrote:
YOU should vote for Clark because he's dedicated the last 10 years to this county and improving it for the better. He cares about his job, in fact he loves his job. He is the type of person who will do anything in his power to help someone else... most of the time people he doesn't know. He cares about the men and women working for him. He also cares about giving Union County residents a sense of security and locking up people who are bringing drugs into this county and causing other crime. The last murder we had-- was the day before Christmas. Do you think Clark was home with his family like you and I? NO. He was out beating the streets looking for a murderer... he didn't do it alone but he also didn't pass it off on those below him. Dedication. Drive. Determination. He would never ask someone at the office to do something he wouldn't do himself. Clark cares about the well being of the county--- he knows we have problems... instead of saying it's not a big deal he's trying to find out ways to fix them. He's responsible for bringing in K9 dogs to the force. He's got a good head on his shoulders and while they may be young shoulders-- he's worked every corner of that sheriff's office and could run it by himself if he was elected tomorrow. BUT not just run it, improve it. That's not just his plan and goal but that's what he's actively working towards and he's already started as chief deputy. While Clark hasn't worked with the FBI he's worked HERE-- right here in Union County the place he loves and knows like the back of his hand. I've seen him work and I've seen the compassion and drive he brings daily to work. He's the man for this job.
Would you like some more reasons? We can do this all day.
Ok, first let me say Clark Burton has not been in law enforcement for 10 years because I haven't been in law enforcement 10 years and he was hired after me. Secondly, when there is a murder on the day before Christmas or Christmas or whatever....guess what...that is what you signed up for and would hope dispatch wouldn't say "well its Christmas and the officers are off work, we will get to it after the holiday". 3. He wouldn't ask someone at the office to do something he wouldn't do himself because he CAN'T do it himself and needs help and guidance. 4. He has NOT worked every corner of the Sheriff's office. That is absurd. He has not idea how to run 75% of the SO. Working in positions for a few weeks does not make you an expert, you just know what butts to kiss. 5. Yes, he was raised, worked, etc. in Union County but he has had no choice. His academic standing wouldn't allow him to go to college or go anywhere else. 6. Clark is a nice kid. I don't mean him any harm but he is no Sheriff. I really can't believe he is running but he didn't have any competition and Ken is supporting him so for a while I was afraid but not now!
I know Clark and Bryan better than I know Mike but my vote is for Mike! Let's bring some KNOWLEDGE to this county. Let's bring someone that doesn't get promoted just because of who they know. Mike definately has my vote!!!
LetsGo

United States

#42 Mar 10, 2010
TenMan wrote:
Let's see so what your saying is Ken Jones did all the things wrong that Burton does right?
Based on your inability to answer that question... I shall answer it for you... You are saying the Burton can do things right that Ken could not... funny seeing that Burton was groomed by Ken personally.

Plenty of reason right there NOT to vote for him.

Even you wouldn't vote for KenJ again. So I don't see why you would vote for Burton. UNLESS.... Wait I think I've got it here... You must be one of his school buddies?!

Why should we hire a guy who didn't even pursue college over a guy who has federal training... doesn't make sense to me.
Tired of the BS

Birmingham, AL

#43 Mar 10, 2010
Burton doesn't hold a candle to McGough, a retired FBI agent and former sheriff's deputy and police officer? C'mon! Who are you trying to kid?

Michael McGough has more experience in his pinky than the two sheriff's deputies rolled into one.

Clark is a young puppy... with what? 10 years experience as a deputy? Are you serious?

Does the polling skew between this and EldoArk.com have anything to do with EldoArk being a part of the radio station? Which makes me wonder who's in whose pocket there?
McGough doesn't have a price tag like some of the other candidates.
Tired of the BS

Birmingham, AL

#44 Mar 10, 2010
Old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
Just say no to this guy for sure! He had all the goods on Ken Jones given to him by several upstanding people in this county, he assured them Ken was going down. Needless to say he either lied or he was in Kens pocket as well. To many people know about this,it's going to hurt him bad!
Oh, yea, old timer. I'm sure the FBI had info given to him by lots of people, including the tinfoil-helmet clad crazy people and the woman who hears voices and believes the TV is sending her messages. Just because someone speaks, doesn't mean they are a reliable source. If there is evidence to substantiate a claim, I'm sure the FBI would have investigate it.
There have been rumors about Ken and everyone else, but it doesn't make them true. I'm sure it gets old. I feel sorry for all of the candidates.
The one who walks above the muck the best is my hero. Good luck to all of them and bless you for having to deal with the crap.
officers for McGough

Tyler, TX

#45 Mar 10, 2010
I have been an officer in this county for over 10 years. I (along with most officers) truely know who is best qualified for Sheriff. McGough has our vote!
Interesting

Lake Village, AR

#46 Mar 10, 2010
officers for McGough wrote:
I have been an officer in this county for over 10 years. I (along with most officers) truely know who is best qualified for Sheriff. McGough has our vote!
Seems interesting that you would work under the current administration and be fearful to disclose your identity in fear of the results of an election. But your gainfully employed obviously yet you seem disgruntled?? Charismatic I'd say and to speak for the majority, maybe you should run.
Informed

United States

#47 Mar 10, 2010
Clark doesn't dip. So how can you have seen him spitting one out. So by lying you have invalidated all of your other statements Mr. Baker!
Informed

United States

#48 Mar 10, 2010
TenMan wrote:
Yeah Burton looks REAL humble and mature when you seen him driving around in his ucso vehicle; spitting his dip out the window and the radio turned way up, and slouched really far down in his seat... Oh and don't forget flashing his lights to get through red lights... but I'm sure saved by grace does that too
Humble - maybe
Mature - NOT
Just clarifying the post I was responding to.
Old timer

Pflugerville, TX

#49 Mar 10, 2010
Tired of the BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yea, old timer. I'm sure the FBI had info given to him by lots of people, including the tinfoil-helmet clad crazy people and the woman who hears voices and believes the TV is sending her messages. Just because someone speaks, doesn't mean they are a reliable source. If there is evidence to substantiate a claim, I'm sure the FBI would have investigate it.
There have been rumors about Ken and everyone else, but it doesn't make them true. I'm sure it gets old. I feel sorry for all of the candidate]I speak the truth and Mike knows it!
The one who walks above the muck the best is my hero. Good luck to all of them and bless you for having to deal with the crap.
I speak the truth AND MIKE KNOWS IT!
TenMan

Katy, TX

#50 Mar 10, 2010
Informed wrote:
Clark doesn't dip. So how can you have seen him spitting one out. So by lying you have invalidated all of your other statements Mr. Baker!
Umm... no my friends he smokes and dips... you of all people know this... How much do prisoners pay now for you to slip them dip and smokes now a days anyway?
TenMan

United States

#51 Mar 11, 2010
Hmm almost 24 hours of silence... that statement must have struck an nerve of embarassment.

Lay off 'savedbygrace' it's obvious your one of those phoney christians who use Jesus to cover for everything they do... and now that everyone is busting your out for your non-christian chatter you decide to change your name.

Stick a fork in it - your done!
TenMan

United States

#52 Mar 11, 2010
Oh and by the way if I was Baker don't you think I'd have a hell of a lot more dirt on Burton than the fact that he "dips and smokes" I mean come on... be educated with your come backs.
saved by grace

United States

#53 Mar 12, 2010
ok i am back i have been working 12 hours the last few days i don,t stay on this thing all the time #1 that guy informed is not me. i don,t take the time to properly write letters.#2 no he dosenot smoke or dip you are wrong #3 baker don't and wouldnot have any dirt on clark because he is honest and comes and does his job like he is suppose to.#4don,t judge me or my christianity you donot have that right.and last i said something negative about mcgough but and i was wrong i was speaking about something i did not know about. the fact is someone asked his ex wife if he would make a good sheriff and she said he would make a great one and that she was putting a sign in her yard and voting for him i think that is a good sign of the man he is. but i know clark is a good guy and i think he would make a good sheriff to so i will have his sign in my yard. i can speak for 95 percent of the deputys at the so we will vote for burton just ride by our houses you will see signs in our yard and stickers on our personal vehicles with that said if clark gets defeated we will work for mcgough and be loyal.
saved by grease

El Dorado, AR

#54 Mar 13, 2010
Trouble with punctuation. I have it.
TenMan

United States

#55 Mar 15, 2010
Just not lest you be judged... and my friend you have judged everyone on here especially Baker... so i don't have the right to.... WRONG... I have every right to.. look that up in your bible.

12 hours days my foot... you probably only do a good 2 hours of work a day you fat slob.

Since: Feb 10

Tyler, TX

#56 Mar 15, 2010
Ten Man you need whup you are a liar.Burton dose not dip or smoke.can be you just like to talk
Sh$t.
lol

United States

#57 Mar 17, 2010
Yes i am one of burtons friends and yes he does smoke but not dip! What the hell does that have to do with him running for sheriff?? YOu need to be worried about who has enough sence to run the sheriffs office and who can make sure there men are doing what they are suposed to be doing besides riding around wastin tax payers money (gas)
TenMan

United States

#58 Mar 17, 2010
So "saved by grace/lol" your saying Ken J is currently allowing "riding around wastin tax payers money (gas)"

Once again isn't Burton groomed by Ken J - meaning again the same crap will continue to go on if Burton were elected.

Since: Feb 10

Tyler, TX

#59 Mar 17, 2010
Some one is lying.I do not know about the slouch part, but he dose not smoke or dip.
Me again

United States

#60 Mar 17, 2010
Geez. Does it matter? We lost one sheriff to cancer, I hope we don't ever lose another one to cancer! Stay on the important points. Who is qualified to lead county law enforcement is what matters. I hope when it comes down to it, their qualifications are what gets the best person voted in.

Good luck, all of you! Stand tall. If you support your candidate. Do them a favor and keep the race honest and clean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr BARNEYII 39,453
El Dorado's next mayor 5 hr ABc123 4
Martie Adams Chandler 10 hr John 23
Do it for the kids 11 hr common sense 7
Since cops are popular lately. 17 hr What 6
Canfor Eldorado 19 hr legend 4
Crooked Cop Sat Colin Kaepernick 4

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages