Medical Center of South Arkansas Scre...

Medical Center of South Arkansas Screwing Citizens

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bussie

El Dorado, AR

#1 Aug 15, 2012
MCSA will no longer be taking Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance, like every other hospital known to man will. Of course they have an excuse, but I wonder why it is that Magnolias, Camdens, and Ruston's and Little Rock's hospitals are willing to take it, and ours is not.

This town is so twisted. Unexplainably high real estate, gas, inflation.... poor schools, poor healthcare, corrupt law enforcement officials and politicians being controlled by our town's 1%, and now that healthcare won't even take certain insurance? No wonder people are fleeing this place daily. In ten more years I bet we will have little over 12,000 people.

People don't leave El Dorado "just because". They leave it because its such a horrible shit hole.
Citizen

Humble, TX

#2 Aug 15, 2012
Bussie wrote:
MCSA will no longer be taking Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance, like every other hospital known to man will. Of course they have an excuse, but I wonder why it is that Magnolias, Camdens, and Ruston's and Little Rock's hospitals are willing to take it, and ours is not.

This town is so twisted. Unexplainably high real estate, gas, inflation.... poor schools, poor healthcare, corrupt law enforcement officials and politicians being controlled by our town's 1%, and now that healthcare won't even take certain insurance? No wonder people are fleeing this place daily. In ten more years I bet we will have little over 12,000 people.

People don't leave El Dorado "just because". They leave it because its such a horrible shit hole.
Well said ! Amen !!! Cheers to you my friend !!!
sigh

El Dorado, AR

#3 Aug 15, 2012
then rent a u-haul and go flip burgers in another town.
!

Humble, TX

#4 Aug 15, 2012
sigh wrote:
People like you who contribute to Helldorado being a sucky town
woww

El Dorado, AR

#5 Aug 15, 2012
sigh wrote:
Some of us have a good job here and family. Doesn't mean we lie to ourselves about what this town really is.
Willie Earl

El Dorado, AR

#7 Aug 15, 2012
Tell them if they don't like it here then go to another town to chuck with their problems.
x

United States

#8 Aug 15, 2012
Health care costs are super high in eldorado anyway...

Don't think so ? Call around and see how high an eye exam is here...

Then drive to Monroe and get a pair of glasses the same day for what just an eye exam costs here...
Rumors_Hurt_Ever yone

Woodbury, CT

#9 Aug 15, 2012
It's not MCSA that is doing away with BCBS of Arkansas. It's the company that owns MCSA along with the 668 other Hospital's they own. You can call them and gripe at them for allowing this to happen but its not the local hospital's fault.
true

El Dorado, AR

#10 Aug 15, 2012
x wrote:
Health care costs are super high in eldorado anyway...
Don't think so ? Call around and see how high an eye exam is here...
Then drive to Monroe and get a pair of glasses the same day for what just an eye exam costs here...
Is there ANYTHING here that isn't f*&%&* up?
X

United States

#11 Aug 15, 2012
Rumors_Hurt_Everyone wrote:
It's not MCSA that is doing away with BCBS of Arkansas. It's the company that owns MCSA along with the 668 other Hospital's they own. You can call them and gripe at them for allowing this to happen but its not the local hospital's fault.
It is their fault . It's like the vice president blaming the president.
You all are the same group
Comeonp

United States

#13 Aug 15, 2012
Ruston hospital, Northern Louisiana Medical Center, is also owned by CHS. Therefore, they won't accept BCBS either. Maybe you should know what you're saying before you speak. MCSA individualy has nothing to do with the termination of the BCBS contract. This contract disagreement is not exclusively between MCSA and BCBS. It's between CHS and BCBS nationwide, in every CHS hospital. Everybody in this town needs to realize the bigger picture and stop slandering individuals not responsible....think smart, not hard.
Bussie wrote:
Come on people

United States

#14 Aug 15, 2012
Given, BCBS is good insurance. But they are known to be one of the lowest paying insurers in the country. So who can blame any company for wanting more money for the services provided. Indifferent of public opinion about said services.
X

United States

#15 Aug 15, 2012
With MCSA it's ALWAYS someone else's fault. They never take responsibility for ANYTHING... Just ask someone that works there the history behind the " if your having chest pains" sign hanging up in the ER.
Come on people

United States

#16 Aug 15, 2012
MCSA is an Accredited Chest Pain Center. That sign is there as a way to better provide competent, efficient care for the people of El Dorado and Union County.
x

United States

#17 Aug 15, 2012
Come on people wrote:
MCSA is an Accredited Chest Pain Center. That sign is there as a way to better provide competent, efficient care for the people of El Dorado and Union County.
Ha ha ha
Tell that to the family of the person over the reason behind the sign was installed...
Well said

El Dorado, AR

#18 Aug 15, 2012
Bussie wrote:
Healthcare is certainly lacking there, now there dropping BCBS. Unfortunately, a majority of the citizens that have insurance in this town have BCBS. So now how is MCSA going to stay in business. I see job cuts there next. Go to Magnolia, they have a new wonderful hospital and friendly employees.
curious

El Dorado, AR

#19 Aug 15, 2012
Rumors_Hurt_Everyone wrote:
Then why is it that their other hospitals are allowing BCBS, but not ours?
curious

El Dorado, AR

#20 Aug 15, 2012
Comeonp wrote:
Ruston hospital, Northern Louisiana Medical Center, is also owned by CHS. Therefore, they won't accept BCBS either. Maybe you should know what you're saying before you speak. MCSA individualy has nothing to do with the termination of the BCBS contract. This contract disagreement is not exclusively between MCSA and BCBS. It's between CHS and BCBS nationwide, in every CHS hospital. Everybody in this town needs to realize the bigger picture and stop slandering individuals not responsible....think smart, not hard.
<quoted text>
Its slander to point out a fact that was splashed across our newspaper headlines?

I don't know anything about Ruston, but I know both Magnolia and Camden allow BCBS. I called to make sure, seeing as I need a new hospital to go to because I have BCBS. I'm sure you're right about Ruston, but I would call and make certain myself before I jump to conclusions. That goes for you and the people claiming Ruston takes BCBS. But really I couldn't give a shit about Ruston. I don't live there. What I do care about is that our local hospital won't take my insurance when the other hospitals in ARKANSAS I have called still do.
curious

El Dorado, AR

#21 Aug 15, 2012
Surprised anyone would defend such a horrible injustice just because they don't like people "insulting" El Dorado.
bcbs

United States

#22 Aug 16, 2012
mcsa wants more money bc they over charge patients i can go to little rock and get a mri for about 300 where here its gonna cost you thousands of dollars. insurance companies are only gonna pay them so much with the price gouging they are doing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr Red Cloud 42,915
"Wheeler": Movie fimed in El Dorado (Jan '10) Apr 11 EldoMasterBlaster 81

El Dorado Jobs

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages