FEDEX/local paper dropped ball

FEDEX/local paper dropped ball

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

lowlow

Amity, AR

#1 Feb 22, 2013
The stupid newspaper didn't have hardly ANY details today about the supposed new FedEx facility that's to be built in El Dorado.

How big is it going to be?

How many jobs?

The paper could have called FEDEX or interviewed the economic development person.

What a poor article. I hope it's true, and I hope FEDEX brings jobs.
All The Same

El Dorado, AR

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Post number 1 and 2 made by a worthless HomoFreak.
Person

El Dorado, AR

#3 Feb 22, 2013
The newspaper can only print the information given to them. FedEx is a pretty large company that I'm pretty sure calling back a reporter from the News Times isn't on the top priority.

I'd expect for information as the are released. And remember, if it wasn't for the local paper, you wouldn't even know about the FedEx deal.
well

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 22, 2013
All The Same wrote:
Post number 1 and 2 made by a worthless HomoFreak.
Post #2 was yours.

Since: Jan 13

Olive Branch, MS

#5 Feb 22, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Post #2 was yours.
Looks like he finally came out of the closet.
well

El Dorado, AR

#6 Feb 22, 2013
lowlow wrote:
The stupid newspaper didn't have hardly ANY details today about the supposed new FedEx facility that's to be built in El Dorado.
How many jobs?
The paper could have called FEDEX or interviewed the economic development person.
It's not supposed to bring any more FEDEX jobs. It might provide some jobs for construction, but more than likely they'll get contractors from Little Rock or elsewhere to work on it. That's probably why they didn't say anything. They want to make it look like it's going to be a big positive impact, when it really isn't going to change much.
get smart

Irving, TX

#7 Feb 22, 2013
lowlow wrote:
How many jobs?
It's a publicly traded company, dumbass. They only make such information available in public statements. Not to local newspapers.
tutu

Amity, AR

#8 Feb 22, 2013
numbnuts "get smart" go to FEDEX.com and click on the media tab.

You are so ignorant.
Small Town Garbage

El Dorado, AR

#9 Feb 23, 2013
The newspaper says Hash jumped the gun and that there's not even a contract signed on this deal. How ridiculous!!
Yup

El Dorado, AR

#10 Feb 23, 2013
Small Town Garbage wrote:
The newspaper says Hash jumped the gun and that there's not even a contract signed on this deal. How ridiculous!!
Exactly! Frank needs to keep things closer to his chest. Hope his letting the "cat out of the bag" doesn't keep the deal from going through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Local car dealership 1 hr Brutus 19
After golf drinks 1 hr M A Young 5
Film Festival 1 hr DHH 31
trumph 2 hr no no 4
El Dorado City Council - poll 3 hr Abc1234 4
Dollar General PC branch opening soon? 8 hr Shakeema 67
spirit awards 17 hr community 1

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance