Murphy Oil Moving! Confirmed!!! (and ...

Murphy Oil Moving! Confirmed!!! (and other stuff)

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BOOMTOWN

Atlanta, GA

#1 Aug 5, 2010
Murphy Oil IS moving, you heard it here first! My next door neighbor's uncle's cousin's grandson was pumping gas at a Murphy USA station in Houston today and spoke with another customer who was there buying a 5 hour energy shot who confirmed that David Woods (CEO of Murphy) had indeed been in Houston this morning, and had driven by his house on the way from the airport. Looks like he was scoping out a place to live.

On another note...the rumor is true...Home Depot is indeed closing after 7 years in Eldo. Pressure from Ken's finally caved them in. I know...anytime you drive by there, the parking lot is full, and the store is busy...but those are just folks they have hired to make it look busy. Sure, they are loading lumber and building materials out the wazoo, but it is just a ruse...they bring it back at night and restock the shelves! This was confirmed by a nephew of a friend of an ex girlfriend of an employee that was fired 3 years ago.

Next....it has been definitely confirmed that Eldo is getting new industry!!! Officials from the Chamber are in negotiation with a company that processes chicken parts, and uses most of them to form pellets that will burn in wood heaters. The remainder will be used to refine biofuels. They will also use the remainder of the space available for a call center. It will be located in the old County Market building. Union County agreed to invest $10 million on the spot. The investment group immediately left SARA in their Lear Jet, and promised to return and start breaking ground "sometime in the next 3-20 years, give or take a few". Reports have stated it will create up to 3851 jobs, with as many as 1812 jobs during the construction phase. The investment group promised to also fund college education grants for anyone in Union County not covered by the Promise.

Stay tuned!
well

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 5, 2010
BOOMTOWN wrote:
Murphy Oil IS moving, you heard it here first! My next door neighbor's uncle's cousin's grandson was pumping gas at a Murphy USA station in Houston today and spoke with another customer who was there buying a 5 hour energy shot who confirmed that David Woods (CEO of Murphy) had indeed been in Houston this morning, and had driven by his house on the way from the airport. Looks like he was scoping out a place to live.
On another note...the rumor is true...Home Depot is indeed closing after 7 years in Eldo. Pressure from Ken's finally caved them in. I know...anytime you drive by there, the parking lot is full, and the store is busy...but those are just folks they have hired to make it look busy. Sure, they are loading lumber and building materials out the wazoo, but it is just a ruse...they bring it back at night and restock the shelves! This was confirmed by a nephew of a friend of an ex girlfriend of an employee that was fired 3 years ago.
Next....it has been definitely confirmed that Eldo is getting new industry!!! Officials from the Chamber are in negotiation with a company that processes chicken parts, and uses most of them to form pellets that will burn in wood heaters. The remainder will be used to refine biofuels. They will also use the remainder of the space available for a call center. It will be located in the old County Market building. Union County agreed to invest $10 million on the spot. The investment group immediately left SARA in their Lear Jet, and promised to return and start breaking ground "sometime in the next 3-20 years, give or take a few". Reports have stated it will create up to 3851 jobs, with as many as 1812 jobs during the construction phase. The investment group promised to also fund college education grants for anyone in Union County not covered by the Promise.
Stay tuned!
What about the Hooters?
BOOMTOWN

Atlanta, GA

#3 Aug 5, 2010
Sorry...Hooter's decided not to invest in Eldo. They did a survey and found out 2 things...not enough attractive women to hire as waitresses, and the other establishments in town...the girls already show enough boobs..there would be no interest!
do tell

Clinton, NC

#4 Aug 5, 2010
The r putting Hooters in the new high school. Figured it would do really well there. Job applications can be picked up in the councilors office.
inthano

El Dorado, AR

#5 Aug 5, 2010
boooo fail tl;dr 0/10 thums down
BOOMTOWN

Atlanta, GA

#6 Aug 5, 2010
inthano wrote:
boooo fail tl;dr 0/10 thums down
fail
DOOMTOWN

United States

#7 Aug 5, 2010
BOOMTOWN wrote:
<quoted text>
fail
flail
Brian Welch

Mount Morris, MI

#8 Aug 6, 2010
i had not heard anything about Murphy Oil moving to Houston or the El Dorado Home Depot going out of business all this is rumors not facts unless this is confirmed in the news will not speculate i dont think that Murphy Oil will leave El Dorado because it was founded here it would take a lot of hurdles and work to relocate Murphy to Houston Texas
Smoke

Rochester, NY

#9 Aug 6, 2010
Brian, LOL. Maybe you should take a deep breath and read again. Sarcasim baby.
murky oil

El Dorado, AR

#10 Aug 6, 2010
Murphy wont move because then theyd have to pay everyone more. El dorado is cheap murphy is cheap they fit well together.
Handyman

Houston, TX

#11 Aug 6, 2010
R. Harper Mason announced he would sell all of his property to concentrate on book writing, and use the new convention center to hold "readings". Asking price for the properties varies from twice to five times the appraised value, depending on the buyer and their estimate of earning potential.

Mr. Mason was about to tell me his plans for El Dorado for the next five years but Verdis walked in and he ran off.....
TGT Shareholder

El Dorado, AR

#12 Aug 6, 2010
Target advised its shareholders in June that it finally got all the paperwork done with the El Dorado city council and was finally going to be able to build its store at the corner of 19th and North West Avenue in El Dorado.

In related news, it has been announced the Mellor Park Mall has been sold to the EEDB (El Dorado Economic Development Board) as a hub for small business development, which plans to restart its Golf Ball Washing business. Initial hiring for the project will be 2 with anticipated creation of 200 jobs in the future.
well

Chicago, IL

#13 Aug 6, 2010
TGT Shareholder wrote:
In related news, it has been announced the Mellor Park Mall has been sold to the EEDB (El Dorado Economic Development Board) as a hub for small business development, which plans to restart its Golf Ball Washing business. Initial hiring for the project will be 2 with anticipated creation of 200 jobs in the future.
Isn't that where the new call center is going to be?
Brian Welch

Santa Clara, CA

#15 Aug 7, 2010
if this cap and trade bill passes in its current form not only Murphy oil will move to maybe Houston Texas absolutely Lion Oil refinery will shut down might as well say without jobs El Dorado will continue to sink downward in population only if this bill passes
Olso Norway

El Dorado, AR

#16 Aug 7, 2010
Once Murphy sells its refineries, Cap and Trade won't matter much to them at all. And as for Lion, they would likely be a beneficiary - the gas buyer will be the big loser. The price of gas will go to $5 (which helps Lion) and make life miserable for all of us that drive, especially truckers.
Tyler TX

Little Rock, AR

#17 Aug 7, 2010
Olso Norway wrote:
Once Murphy sells its refineries, Cap and Trade won't matter much to them at all. And as for Lion, they would likely be a beneficiary - the gas buyer will be the big loser. The price of gas will go to $5 (which helps Lion) and make life miserable for all of us that drive, especially truckers.
The only way higher gas prices help Lion Oil is if the price of crude oil stays low.
LOVE IT

Arlington, TX

#18 Aug 7, 2010
I know Eldo and Union cnty have there problems but I love the fact that some have good humor about it. believe me folks times are bad everywhere not just here. on the the otherside of the fence the grass is just as dead you just cant see it because your looking from above and not at the roots!
Yep

El Dorado, AR

#19 Aug 7, 2010
Brian Welch wrote:
if this cap and trade bill passes in its current form not only Murphy oil will move to maybe Houston Texas absolutely Lion Oil refinery will shut down might as well say without jobs El Dorado will continue to sink downward in population only if this bill passes
yep

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

#20 Aug 7, 2010
Handyman wrote:
R. Harper Mason announced he would sell all of his property to concentrate on book writing, and use the new convention center to hold "readings". Asking price for the properties varies from twice to five times the appraised value, depending on the buyer and their estimate of earning potential.
Mr. Mason was about to tell me his plans for El Dorado for the next five years but Verdis walked in and he ran off.....
And just who in the hell does he think will buy all the property? If he thinks he can sell the property even for appraised value in this market he is an idiot.
turdalicious

Little Rock, AR

#21 Aug 8, 2010
EldoMasterBlaster wrote:
<quoted text>
And just who in the hell does he think will buy all the property? If he thinks he can sell the property even for appraised value in this market he is an idiot.
EldoMasterBlaster, Really?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kimberly McMahon ferrington 40 min Stephanie 1
intervention 1 hr Mr Helper 3
How do I delete a thread 1 hr help 4
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Guest 30,927
PC school 4 hr Happier in Smackover 8
Aaron woods 4 hr Elaine 4
Poll 1st annual Shrimpfest: Good or bad idea 9 hr Bubba Gump 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages