The Perks of Not Living in El Dorado
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
happy

El Dorado, AR

#63 May 23, 2013
I think calling our city a festival city will help bring in more gays to the ever larger and growing gay population. Yep, we are on the right track.
for REAL dude

United States

#64 May 23, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text> Bringing retail to town and nothing else is in no way going to grow El Dorado, or even keep it afloat. We need industry and there isn't much going on on that front. I think its awesome we are going to get more shopping and restaurants or whatever, even though logically we can't support much more, but that won't be making El Dorado's population increase. The only way to make a comeback is to get people moving here again. All I can do is hope that at the very least we stay like we are and don't continue to decline in numbers. I still can't believe the percentage of people that left over the last ten years. We have to stop anymore of that from happening, and to do that will take large industrial complexes coming back into the town. Something our officials haven't exactly been focused on, for those of us who are "in the loop". Though honestly I don't think there is anything they can do. Industry fleeing is part of a national problem, not a local one. Until our politicians stop punishing industry and productivity with the highest corporate tax rate in the entire world all for the sake of "paying their fair share", I don't think much is going to change.
You first misunderstanding is that El Dorado is only bringing in retail. Once you clear that up, we can move on.

To correct your confusion, El Dorado IS bringing in more industries than just retail.
really

United States

#65 May 23, 2013
for REAL dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You first misunderstanding is that El Dorado is only bringing in retail. Once you clear that up, we can move on.
To correct your confusion, El Dorado IS bringing in more industries than just retail.
Exactly what industries are they bringing in?
for REAL dude

Dallas, TX

#66 May 24, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what industries are they bringing in?
manufacturing, automotive, and entertainment are 3 evident ones
really

United States

#67 May 24, 2013
for REAL dude wrote:
<quoted text>
manufacturing, automotive, and entertainment are 3 evident ones
Name the companies coming in. Wait, you can't because there are none.
Really

El Dorado, AR

#68 May 24, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Name the companies coming in. Wait, you can't because there are none.
ThermaFlite.
really

United States

#69 May 24, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
ThermaFlite.
They have a total of 6 employees. Google it. How is that considered bringing industry in?
agreedie

El Dorado, AR

#70 May 24, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a total of 6 employees. Google it. How is that considered bringing industry in?
You're wasting your time arguing with an idiot who is in denial. Otherwise known as a democrat. Seriously, I would bet my life that guy is a democrat no matter how much he may deny it. Republicans aren't much better but at least most aren't economically retarded.
Really

San Antonio, TX

#71 May 24, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. They have 40 employees already and are trying to hire more.
really

United States

#72 May 24, 2013
agreedie wrote:
<quoted text> You're wasting your time arguing with an idiot who is in denial. Otherwise known as a democrat. Seriously, I would bet my life that guy is a democrat no matter how much he may deny it. Republicans aren't much better but at least most aren't economically retarded.
You're exactly right.
gangsta buck wheat

Camden, AR

#73 May 24, 2013
for REAL dude

Dallas, TX

#74 May 25, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
So your dumbass knows Thermaflite is moving in and you still cry that "we're not getting any new industry." Has reality bot set in for you? Are you that oblivious to the world around you, yet you still complain (about nothing)? Fyi- Thermaflite has 40 employees, looking to expand to 50
for REAL dude

Dallas, TX

#75 May 25, 2013
agreedie wrote:
<quoted text> You're wasting your time arguing with an idiot who is in denial. Otherwise known as a democrat. Seriously, I would bet my life that guy is a democrat no matter how much he may deny it. Republicans aren't much better but at least most aren't economically retarded.
Who is a democrat? Anyone that's optimistic about business with a coon at the top? Are you to stupid to realize that government doesn't control business? We're not China, dumbass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best docs to work for in town! 2 hr Walking On Sunshine 36
PC construction and drop off line 5 hr Are you serious 40
Hot shots 7 hr reality check 113
Tonight. Tue Prayerwarrior 22
Clean harbors Tue Abc1234 5
Hotshot girls Tue Shane 23
Trolley Tue Budweiser Ben 16

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance