Felon's husband applies for manager o...

Felon's husband applies for manager of public def office

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Horse trainer

Camden, AR

#1 Aug 30, 2011
I read in tonight version of the Camden News That Robert Jeffrey has applied to be the head of the Public Defender office involving 6 counties.
Who do these people think they are? It hasn't been 2 months that she was put on probation for stealing from Harmony Grove PTA.
I would think this is against the law. He wasn't arrested but we don't really know how much he really knew. For him to be over 6 counties when his wife is a thief worries me and should every person in those counties.

Listen to this. He is supposed to defend criminals so he is not worried that his wife stole money. He'll be getting off every crook in south arkansas.
Mr Purtle

Camden, AR

#2 Aug 30, 2011
That will fit right in around here.
THEIF'S HUSBAND WANTS TO PROTECT THEIFS should have been their headline.
Is she still on probation?
Woodrow

El Dorado, AR

#3 Aug 30, 2011
Saw that in the News Times today
Oh my

El Dorado, AR

#4 Aug 30, 2011
I hope others apply for the job. I feel he would be very distracted and may even have hard feelings towards others that had to do their jobs because of his wife. That's just not a good situation.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Aug 30, 2011
This is not a good situation.
A woman who is a common thief is married to a public defender and he fancies himself to be head of the department?
Whoever makes this decision better think long and hard about it because it may come back and bit them in the backside.
Horse trainer

Camden, AR

#6 Aug 30, 2011
Mr Purtle wrote:
That will fit right in around here.
THEIF'S HUSBAND WANTS TO PROTECT THEIFS should have been their headline.
Is she still on probation?
From what I understand you just got on probation and will be for 5 years.
Horse trainer

Camden, AR

#7 Aug 30, 2011
Debbie is her name. Stealing is her game.
Ted

El Dorado, AR

#8 Aug 30, 2011
Oh my wrote:
I hope others apply for the job.
Their was a list of people on front page today
Uncle Dorkus

Camden, AR

#9 Aug 30, 2011
The Great Philosopher wrote:
This is not a good situation.
A woman who is a common thief is married to a public defender and he fancies himself to be head of the department?
Whoever makes this decision better think long and hard about it because it may come back and bit them in the backside.
I think you mean BITE.
You don't BIT someone on the arse you BITE them.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#10 Aug 30, 2011
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Their was a list of people on front page today
Who were they? I don't read the paper.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Aug 30, 2011
Uncle Dorkus wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you mean BITE.
You don't BIT someone on the arse you BITE them.
Masticate, Mr. Dorkus.
ENT

El Dorado, AR

#12 Aug 31, 2011
    A manager for the 13 th Judi    cial District Public Defender’s     Offi ce is currently being con    sidered, as former manager     Caren Harp began working     for the Arkansas Public De    fense Commission in Little     Rock. Harp began her duties     on Aug. 1.

The 13 th district includes     the counties of Union, Oua    chita, Columbia, Dallas and     Cleveland.

The deadline for accepting     applications for Harp’s former     position was July 29.

An answered Freedom Of     Information request indicated the commission had received fi ve applications, and after an investigation by the News-Times, four of the applicants were found to have licenses to practice law in the state of Arkansas.

Those who have applied include the following:    • Lisa Ables has held an Arkansas law license since 2003 and has her own law fi rm in Little Rock.

• Reginald Kimbell Cook works for the Department of Human Services in Pine Bluff and has held an Arkansas law license since 2006.

• Vicky B. Cooper, an El Dorado native, has had her law license since 1994 and currently works in the 13 th Judicial District Public Defender’s Offi ce.

• Robert Neal Jeffrey of Camden received his law license in 1989 and also works for the 13 th Judicial District Offi ce.

• Ankit K. Modi applied for the position, but a law license from the state could not be found registered to him.

Arkansas law dictates the procedure for choosing a manager, which involves a series of actions.

Six circuit judges in the 13 th District are involved in the recommendation process and if a decision cannot be made on that basis, the manager of the Public Defender’s Commission will appoint a manager for the district.
My Say

El Dorado, AR

#13 Aug 31, 2011
Vicky Cooper would be good.
observer

El Dorado, AR

#14 Aug 31, 2011
Wasn't Jeffrey's wife just convicted? That should be against the law for him to get that job. Something is wrong with this situation.
And if the judges are recommending someone, i hope they all know about Jeffrey's wife.
observer

El Dorado, AR

#15 Aug 31, 2011
My Say wrote:
Vicky Cooper would be good.
Yes, she would be good. Already working in it.
registered voter

El Dorado, AR

#16 Aug 31, 2011
observer wrote:
Wasn't Jeffrey's wife just convicted? That should be against the law for him to get that job. Something is wrong with this situation.
And if the judges are recommending someone, i hope they all know about Jeffrey's wife.
They need to be voted out if they put him in. Shows they have lost their impartiality which is crucial for a judge to have.
All people voted in eventually turn crooked anyway.
suga

El Dorado, AR

#17 Aug 31, 2011
Ty Peace would make a good judge

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

#18 Aug 31, 2011
You people do realize that being married to someone doesn't make you responsible for their criminal actions don't you?
True

El Dorado, AR

#19 Aug 31, 2011
EldoMasterBlaster wrote:
You people do realize that being married to someone doesn't make you responsible for their criminal actions don't you?
I suppose not, but on the other hand, when large sums of money are showing up in ones household and the spouse is lawyer....something should have been reported. It's almost like theft by receiving.

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

#20 Aug 31, 2011
Just for the record I don't know any of the people invovled in this. But, do you have any eveidence that the husband had any knowledge that the extra cash was showing up in a bank account that he had access to?

If so you really should report it to the proper authorities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Executions to Resume in Arkansas today 3 min Jobless 3
Construction 6 min Turdis Brown 32
Weather? 10 min Turdis Brown 5
Segregated schools? 15 min Turdis Brown 8
Daddy don't live in El Dorado no more 17 min Turdis Brown 5
Help finding church 17 min Turdis Brown 26
Yancy Kyle 18 min Turdis Brown 8

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance