First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Old Timer

Jefferson, GA

#1 Mar 23, 2013
I went to the Spudnut shop today. They had tons pre made. When I said I'd wait for the hot ones, the staff was so rude. I only get them once every couple of years when I make it back to El Do but they haven't tasted like I remember for sometime. I know it's a crime to say this but today's Spudnuts don't hold a candle to a hot Krispy Kreme doughnut.
Its Scott Biatches

El Dorado, AR

#3 Mar 23, 2013
Do you expect Mexicans to be able to cook anything good besides Tacos?
Rumors_Hurt_Ever yone

Waterbury, CT

#4 Mar 23, 2013
I live here and get them often, they taste the same to me as always. maybe you were just mad so in your mind they didnt taste the same.
actually

Kemp, TX

#5 Mar 23, 2013
Old Timer wrote:
I went to the Spudnut shop today. They had tons pre made. When I said I'd wait for the hot ones, the staff was so rude. I only get them once every couple of years when I make it back to El Do but they haven't tasted like I remember for sometime. I know it's a crime to say this but today's Spudnuts don't hold a candle to a hot Krispy Kreme doughnut.
You can't be serious. The spudnuts taste as good as always. A shitty doughnut from Krispy Kreme shouldn't even be compared to the taste of even an ice cold spudnit. And we haven't even discussed which is worse, health-wise. Get your head out of your ass.
gooberman

El Dorado, AR

#6 Mar 23, 2013
more chucking JOI trash talk so go to the nasty john and swim.
Not a Rumor

El Dorado, AR

#7 Mar 23, 2013
I have to agree that the spudnuts aren't the same as they were when Mr. Varnell owned it and sure not the same as when the Spudnut King had it. I also have noticed that they try to pre-make them. People want them hot from the fryer. They don't seem to have the knack to keep a hot batch steadily coming out.
gooberman

Kemp, TX

#8 Mar 23, 2013
Not a Rumor wrote:
I have to agree that the spudnuts aren't the same as they were when Mr. Varnell owned it and sure not the same as when the Spudnut King had it. I also have noticed that they try to pre-make them. People want them hot from the fryer. They don't seem to have the knack to keep a hot batch steadily coming out.
more chucking JOI trash talk so go to the nasty john and swim.
Rumors_Hurt_Ever yone

Waterbury, CT

#9 Mar 24, 2013
You must not have made many trips when either of the previous owners were there. They always had rack's made up. Noone went in to order a dozen and had to wait for them to come straight out of the grease.I have had family visit in the last few months and thats all they could do was rave about how great they are and took several dozen back with them!!
Its Scott Biatches

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Mar 24, 2013
Rumors_Hurt_Everyone wrote:
You must not have made many trips when either of the previous owners were there. They always had rack's made up. Noone went in to order a dozen and had to wait for them to come straight out of the grease.I have had family visit in the last few months and thats all they could do was rave about how great they are and took several dozen back with them!!
Yuk! Spudnuts aren't any good after one day,bet the smelled bad.
Not a Rumor

El Dorado, AR

#11 Mar 24, 2013
Rumors_Hurt_Everyone wrote:
I've made quite few trips there through the years going all the way back to when the spudnut king had the shop and it was located on oak street across from city hall. Can you say the same? While there is always a few in the rack for people that want them right then and don't want to wait on some fresh cooked ones, Mr. Varnell never minded people waiting on fresh from the cooker donuts. While I'll give you that taste is subjective, I for one, have noticed a difference in them since Mr. Varnell retired and sold out.
Rumors_Hurt_Ever yone

Waterbury, CT

#12 Mar 24, 2013
Maybe since your older, your taste buds have changed. They taste no different to me or anyone in my family, but like you said, taste is subjective. I love em still!!
All The Same

El Dorado, AR

#13 Mar 24, 2013
Watch the homo go. "EVERY" comment on here is the same ignorantAzzHomosexual, the Topixfag. Change that name Gooberlips, talk to yourself U dumazzMF. What a fkingIdiot. LMAO.
Not a Rumor

El Dorado, AR

#14 Mar 24, 2013
All The Same wrote:
Watch the homo go. "EVERY" comment on here is the same ignorantAzzHomosexual, the Topixfag. Change that name Gooberlips, talk to yourself U dumazzMF. What a fkingIdiot. LMAO.
Do you ever add anything of substance to any topic? You are absolutely the worst internet troll ever.
actually

United States

#15 Mar 24, 2013
Not a Rumor wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever add anything of substance to any topic? You are absolutely the worst internet troll ever.
It's the wheelchair boy from Camden. Just ignore "it." And. I agree. Spudnuts still taste as good as in years past.
All The Same

El Dorado, AR

#16 Mar 24, 2013
Not a Rumor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another ignorantAzz comment from the ignorantAzzHomo. LMAO. WhatAfkingIdiotLoser. Lick them food stamps freakFag. LMAO.
typical

United States

#18 Mar 24, 2013
All The Same wrote:
<quoted text> Yet another ignorantAzz comment from the ignorantAzzHomo. LMAO. WhatAfkingIdiotLoser. Lick them food stamps freakFag. LMAO.
Rollertech! Don't make me push you over in your chair again!!!
Just Wondering

United States

#20 Mar 26, 2013
But why would anyone from Camden make a 1 hour round trip for a spudnut or donut? You Eldorado people are nutty!
easing ur wonderment

Arlington, TX

#21 Mar 26, 2013
Just Wondering wrote:
But why would anyone from Camden make a 1 hour round trip for a spudnut or donut? You Eldorado people are nutty!
People from Little Rock and Shreveport do, whenever they're here for other purposes. And many from Camden come to El Dorado more often. Hell, they have to work somewhere!
Anna

Manila, AR

#22 Jun 15, 2014
Does anyone know their working hours? Coming from Georgia and we want to stop by on our way home. Is it open on Sundays?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#23 Jun 15, 2014
Anna wrote:
Does anyone know their working hours? Coming from Georgia and we want to stop by on our way home. Is it open on Sundays?
Sorry, closed on Sundays. I think normal hours are like 6 or 6:30 AM to maybe 1 PM Monday through Saturday. There is one in Magnolia. I don't know if it may be open on Sunday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All The Same 19 min cherylhh 10
El Dorado Times-News Endorsement of Meth Head 24 min cherylhh 14
union kennel and farm supply 34 min keep it real 10
Mustafa Naqvi (Nov '10) 7 hr All the same 74
Snitchez & Bitchez of ElDo 12 hr yep 10
Teacher chocked down 14 hr Fed Up 20
windy chick from la 19 hr All the same 4
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE