Smackover Supt. Darrell Porter arrest...
two-speed

White Hall, AR

#82 Nov 2, 2008
That should about wrap this up then shouldn't it? Or do we have special exemptions for special people? Around here, naa!
the manager

El Dorado, AR

#83 Nov 3, 2008
about three years ago, mr. porter went into the football dressing room and fired the coach at halftime of the second ballgame. he was fired because mr.porter thought the coach had been drinking. now the shoe is on the other foot.
smackover

North Little Rock, AR

#84 Nov 3, 2008
I do not know there was a teacher this year the came to school HIGH on drugs, but Mr. Porter did not fire her, she was taken home for the day, due to the teacher being a good teacher as Porter stated.
three-speed

North Little Rock, AR

#85 Nov 3, 2008
Was told today the state police test was .08 or more, who did Porter get to take his test for it to be below .08??????????
He is getting-

Tyler, TX

#86 Nov 3, 2008
Canned.
Harvester of Sorrow

El Dorado, AR

#87 Nov 4, 2008
Good ridence to a man with no integrity. Much to much are we subjected to the "Do as I say, Not as I do." Everyone needs to take a long look at this situation and learn from it. When you put yourself in a position of leadership or power you always have to make the right choices. You cannot expect to hold a position and use that position to get you out of trouble when you abuse it.
just-me

Warren, AR

#88 Nov 4, 2008
Mr. P's problems began at birth with an ego bigger than Texas.(see My Personal Essay on the net.by Darrell Porter)
He wanted to be a State Rep., an Anouncer, a Preacher, a Clown, a Pal, a Buddy. Your Everything. Smackover school system was his Empire and he was the dictator.(while Nero fiddled, Rome burned)
HaveHadIt

Pflugerville, TX

#89 Nov 4, 2008
the outsider wrote:
<quoted text>
you keep bringing up the bible and what jesus would do in your comments, but did you ever take the time to take into consideration that the ten conmmandments are suppose to be the unforgivable sins? and i know you are going to argue this point, but please take the time to look at this from another's point of view. this man, a leader in the school systems, went to a SCHOOL FUNCTION intoxicated. i am not familiar with smackover's school handbook but i do know that in 99% of school systems, alcohol, and any kind of drug including tobacco is prohibited on school grounds or at school funtions. there is a reason for this! this man took his children and endangered them. HIS children! if he is this careless with his own, should you expect any more of him when it comes to the concerns of YOUR child. i know i surely wouldnt. just because they are his own children doesnt excuse what he done with them. had he killed them in his drunken stooper, he would have broken one of the ten commandments. would you still swear that God will forgive him? i understand that you are a friend and want to ensure the well being for he and his family. and i do have sympathy for his family for this is something to be thoroughly embarassed of. however i do not feel sorry for Mr Porter. he dig his own grave with this one and has failed with his job as a leader. this surely isnt some one that i would want as a role model for my children.
You are so very wrong on so many of your statements that it's hard to know where to start. The 10 commandments are NOT "unforgivable sins". If that was the case, nobody would ever get into heaven. The only unforgivable sin is denouncing and turning your back on God. Do some research starting with the Bible and you'll find out I'm right.
Mr. Porter absolutely made a very poor decision when he drank and chose to drive with his children in the vehicle. I'm torn because I do believe he is remorseful for his action, but I have to wonder if he would be sorry if he hadn't got caught. I think the board made the right decision, but I still think it's a very sad situation for not only the school district but for the family involved.
Harvester of Sorrow

El Dorado, AR

#90 Nov 4, 2008
Dear HaveHadIt,

The only time someone feels sorry for something they have done is when they get caught. At that point, i don't feel sorry. Just think, if he wasn't going against the code of ethics he chose to follow when he took the job, he would never have put himself in this postion. In the end he only has himself to blame. This is what happens when someone thinks their above the law. This is also what happens when someone has been in a postion of power or authority to long. They take advantage of people or situations because they feel they can get away with it. I wonder what else he has done that we don't know about yet. Hmmmmmmm.
DWI

North Little Rock, AR

#91 Nov 4, 2008
I hear the state police test results were .12
a concerned mother

United States

#92 Nov 4, 2008
A big thank you goes out to the school board. Thank you for taking what I think was the right action. I wish Darrell Porter well, but I don't want him in charge of my children. He deserves lots of prayer and forgiveness, but he also deserves to be held accountable for his actions.
ldmama

Tyler, TX

#93 Nov 4, 2008
Agreed. His wife and children also need lots of prayers to help them through this difficult time.
HELLO PEOPLE

El Dorado, AR

#94 Nov 4, 2008
The blood test HAS NOT returned from the state police. Call Troop F, ask for Brady Gore, and he will tell you, unless he is lying, that the results are not in from the state health dept.
HaveHadIt

Pflugerville, TX

#95 Nov 4, 2008
Does it really matter if his blood alcohol content was above the legal limit or not? He had been drinking and was driving with his children in the car with him. I do feel sorry for his family, but when he chose to drink and drive, he took the very same risk that anyone else who makes the same choice takes. The only difference is that he is a public (paid) servant and he has many people to answer to. We all make bad choices from time to time, and we all must suffer the consequences of those choices. Mr. Porter is no different, and should stand up and take responsibility for action and move on.
maggs

United States

#96 Nov 5, 2008
Smells a rat wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that the man is a role model for the entire Smackover school system. He has several hundred kids in the school system under his control and he needs to be living a lifestyle above that for that reason. What do you think he'd do if he caught a student drunk at school? In his chosen profession he cannot afford to be arrested for dwi and especially with kids in the vehicle with him. He has to live his life knowing that he is being a role model for the Smackover school system. Also the teachers fall under the scrutiny. Plain and simple the man is not just an ordinary citizen.
if he is going to set a guide line he should walk it also. he needs to take his punisment also! thats why we have rules!
Bobby Joe

Tyler, TX

#97 Nov 5, 2008
Hey, let's jump on Bob Watson now!! What has he done for us lately?
Stiffy Stifferson

Hurricane, WV

#98 Nov 5, 2008
Bobby Joe wrote:
Hey, let's jump on Bob Watson now!! What has he done for us lately?
Bob Watson is a good man, who would never be caught in this sort of position, he takes his job seriously and respects students and parents of students.
just-me

Wilmar, AR

#99 Nov 5, 2008
d.porter wrote:(this off the internet)
A true buckaroo is one who is hardworking, determined, dedicated, trustworthy,honest and caring. A true buckaroo possesses qualities of good character, good judgement, is alert at all times and is able to adapt quickly to this ever changing enviroment. Simply put, a true Buckaroo gets the job done.
One way Buckaroos can distinguish themselves is by wearing the traditional western style cowboy hat. Please let's all show the true buckaroo spirit by wearing your cowboy hats to every athletic function.(he left out drinking and driving.)
a friend

Benton, AR

#100 Nov 7, 2008
HaveHadIt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so very wrong on so many of your statements that it's hard to know where to start. The 10 commandments are NOT "unforgivable sins". If that was the case, nobody would ever get into heaven. The only unforgivable sin is denouncing and turning your back on God. Do some research starting with the Bible and you'll find out I'm right.
Mr. Porter absolutely made a very poor decision when he drank and chose to drive with his children in the vehicle. I'm torn because I do believe he is remorseful for his action, but I have to wonder if he would be sorry if he hadn't got caught. I think the board made the right decision, but I still think it's a very sad situation for not only the school district but for the family involved.
well said, I'm certainly glad my bible does not teach the 10 commandments are the "unforgivable sins" wow, I would be in trouble.
a friend

Benton, AR

#101 Nov 7, 2008
Harvester of Sorrow wrote:
Dear HaveHadIt,
The only time someone feels sorry for something they have done is when they get caught. At that point, i don't feel sorry. Just think, if he wasn't going against the code of ethics he chose to follow when he took the job, he would never have put himself in this postion. In the end he only has himself to blame. This is what happens when someone thinks their above the law. This is also what happens when someone has been in a postion of power or authority to long. They take advantage of people or situations because they feel they can get away with it. I wonder what else he has done that we don't know about yet. Hmmmmmmm.
I hope your statement is not true of everyone, I have a conscience and when I do something wrong it does bother me and I want to right the wrong. When you are in a position for a length of time (short or great) we tend to get in that "comfort zone" it's not always you feel you can "get away with it" but just the fact you feel so safe and secure in that position sometimes your judgment is clouded into thinking well, this is just a little and no one will get hurt...unfortunately that attitude and feeling gets us all in trouble at some time or another. I also know that when an administrator is terminated for whatever reason, they are always blamed for everything. I say let this die now, I mean it will only be a matter of time before there is someone else to talk about....oh wait, there already is, I saw a post on Bob Watson, who would never do anything like this......ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christina Duschak (Oct '14) 4 min Guest2 24
Where did Dwain Miller get his "doctorate"? (Sep '15) 1 hr Gods Warriors 37
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Sarah Hill 37,286
Hannah Hightower March 5 hr dance mom 4
Vineyard Apartments 6 hr Pokey Man 11
News Woman stole truck from boyfriend she met on Fac... 12 hr yea 4
South Arkansas Regional Health Center 13 hr A Patient 24

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance