1.7 Million dollar Recreation comple...

1.7 Million dollar Recreation complex Improvement Do we really need this

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

For Real

United States

#1 Jun 21, 2014
Now big question is why do we need more ball fields this bad?? And couldnt they find better things to spend this kind of money on ?? Good grief!! How about the Industrial area?? They have recreation on the brain nothing to support it. How much of a sales tax increase is residents going to see?? Another stupid over priced project what a freaking joke!!
For Real

United States

#2 Jun 21, 2014
What a bunch of freaking morons!!
For Real

United States

#3 Jun 21, 2014
Un freaking believable??
sos

El Dorado, AR

#4 Jun 21, 2014
It is really looking like our sales tax increases for industrial development and to promote and advertise this area is all being spent to entertain the well off, and once again they could care less that families here don't have jobs that will feed their kids without a handout. They gripe and moan about having to help people, but everytime they spend millions, it is to entertain or attract those who want to have a good time. I agree you need something for the people to do for recreation if you want them to relocate here, but jobs that pay enough to feed families is good too. Private businesses here are expanding and that will help if city does not stand in way. If it gets bigger and we start attracting outsiders, they may have to clean up their act and not do so much underhanded business. They can not even keep up fields they have because they hire people who just want money and don't care about game. They had a chance to hire someone who would work hard and do it right but he not one of their buddies I guess. I am surprised they did not put convicts out there like Hash wanted to around all the kids. Does that sound like they give a rats patuty about anyone.
Capn Weiner

El Dorado, AR

#5 Jun 21, 2014
We cater to Murphy Oil and the other large employers who attract outsiders to move here. Without them, this town would be nothing but a bunch of local ignorant trash.
John

Austin, TX

#6 Jun 22, 2014
That dumbass blackmon is off the complex board, so maybe people see value in using it to attract visitors instead of forcing contractors to buy from his store to maintain it. Sounds like a step in the right direction.
retired

El Dorado, AR

#7 Jun 22, 2014
He is still there
John

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Jun 22, 2014
retired wrote:
He is still there
Then this has bullshit written all over it. Did he leave the board or just as president? That assclown needs to go.
For Real

United States

#9 Jun 22, 2014
Im not a betting man but I would bet the building materials supplies fencing will be bought from lmao you can probably guess where they will all be bought!!
retired

El Dorado, AR

#10 Jun 22, 2014
He s waiting to have a field named after im.
alton

El Dorado, AR

#11 Jun 22, 2014
Sounds like an Obama plan where all the people get a chucking.
LAUGHING

United States

#12 Jun 22, 2014
All the way to the bank haha
Well

United States

#13 Jun 23, 2014
Seems we desperately need more ball fields when we cant even keep up the ones we have 1.7 million on this type project what a joke
LAUGHING

United States

#14 Jun 24, 2014
WHAT A JOKE hahaha

Beggs, OK

#15 Jul 8, 2014
sounds like Pocahontas AR, you think you got it bad, the city council HERE managed to finagle a special election, now we are spending 7.5 MILLION on a new swim pool complex. Near 20 million in tax for twenty + years. population?.... 6,700.... go figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ark Man Arrested For “Pimping Beavers” On Craig... 2 hr to wannabe Tonya 13
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr Question 35,306
Single Guys 6 hr Bill Luther 4
Mason announces ZZ Top and Smokey Robinson to d... 7 hr Truth 25
Women Getting Divorced 16 hr Sally 22
New hot shots girls 19 hr James Kelley 26
ATTN quality lube yikes! 21 hr Truck Yeah 11

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance