El Dorado Mall
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

#43 Apr 20, 2013
Tina wrote:
Who turned that dying mall around. Was it the wife of the guy at the chamber of commerce? The best man for the job is usually a woman!
no , she quit the job last year....and that mall is a long, long way from being turned around.
actually

Grapevine, TX

#44 Apr 20, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
no , she quit the job last year....and that mall is a long, long way from being turned around.
Looks like its headin the right direction with TJ Maxx and Rue 21 moving in. Probably not as long as you think. But we all give you the benefit of the doubt with your limited knowledge of the retail industry.
Jackie

El Dorado, AR

#45 Apr 20, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame her for quitting. Those guys are ridiculous. But she was the one who initiated contact with TJ Maxx, so she definitely deserves some credit there.
Another ElDo Guy

El Dorado, AR

#46 Apr 20, 2013
Maybe the Stage manager can advise them to get some buckets. They will need it on rainy days to catch the leaks in their store. It's amazing to go in there on a rainy day and see all the places water pours in.
Reader

El Dorado, AR

#47 Apr 20, 2013
I hope we get a A&W Root Beer place.
actually

San Antonio, TX

#48 Apr 20, 2013
Reader wrote:
I hope we get a A&W Root Beer place.
Hell yes!
Anonymous

El Dorado, AR

#49 Apr 21, 2013
rover wrote:
Need to put in a catfish restaurant in the old mm cohn building. There is a pond located at the south loading dock full of fish. Towel head should be required to drain that mosquito hole!
Lets all call the city and complain.
Amen!! That is ridiculous and a health hazard.
Oscar

Dallas, TX

#50 Apr 22, 2013
Frizz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!! That is ridiculous and a health hazard.
A pond full of fish is a "health hazard?" Seriously?
well

Chicago, IL

#52 Apr 22, 2013
It is in the place it's located. If it was out in the woods, it would be another matter. Let a pond of fish break out in your living room and see what happens.
Oscar

Maumelle, AR

#54 Apr 22, 2013
well wrote:
It is in the place it's located. If it was out in the woods, it would be another matter. Let a pond of fish break out in your living room and see what happens.
My living room is completely different than OUTSIDE! It is not a health hazard where it is located, or Walmart would've been boarded up years ago.
Marshall

Woodbury, CT

#55 Apr 22, 2013
I hear there are bears in the old MM Cohns building. That is why it is taking so long for TJ Maxx to come to town.
Judge

Dallas, TX

#56 Apr 22, 2013
Marshall wrote:
I hear there are bears in the old MM Cohns building. That is why it is taking so long for TJ Maxx to come to town.
You heard wrong. And it was announced less than a month ago, so its not "taking so long for TJ Maxx to come to town."
clogged arteries

El Dorado, AR

#57 Apr 22, 2013
Marshall wrote:
no, but there is asbestos, so it might be awhile.
FYI

El Dorado, AR

#58 Apr 22, 2013
I heard tj Maxx backed out!!!! Eldo news give us an update pleaae
FFC

El Dorado, AR

#59 Apr 22, 2013
FYI wrote:
Not true. Their corporate folks were in town last week making plans for construction.
well

Chicago, IL

#60 Apr 23, 2013
Is the mall ever inspected by the city for health and safety violations? How does the owner escape action for violations if any are found?
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

#61 Apr 23, 2013
FYI wrote:
They maybe smarter than I thought they were..........it's not brain science, this town can't handle the retail it has now.
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

#62 Apr 23, 2013
well wrote:
Is the mall ever inspected by the city for health and safety violations? How does the owner escape action for violations if any are found?
there was an asbestos warning sign in the window of MM COHN for awhile, not there anymore, I doubt the problems were ever fixed, just brushed under the carpet, asbestos causes lung cancer and is a deadly killer, you can bet it was never checked in that old K-MART building (now atwoods), again just swept under the carpet, deadly.

any older buildings 30 + YEARS OLD AND OLDER ARE LOADED WITH LUNG CANCER CAUSING ASBESTOS, ONLY THE NEW BUILDINGS ARE ASBESTOS FREE, JUST SAYING BECAREFUL WHERE YOU SHOP.
rover

El Dorado, AR

#63 Apr 23, 2013
Check out the pond in the unloading area at the mm cohn building. How do they get away with that
actually

Irving, TX

#64 Apr 23, 2013
rover wrote:
Check out the pond in the unloading area at the mm cohn building. How do they get away with that
Because a puddle is not a pond and its not illegal for puddles to form. And TJ Maxx is still moving in as plan. Another part of our growing retail industry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Times TO-DO list 2 hr OMG 1
Need money now 4 hr Camden Kid Toucher 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 hr Reality Check 38,730
Kasey doss Murphy 12 hr nosie 5
Dairy Queen stories? 19 hr Kenny 14
News 2 high schools in state to offer pilot program ... Mon Camden Kid Toucher 2
Amway hanky panky dolls Mon Camden Kid Toucher 3

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages