El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

fish wrote:
the manager at "it's fashion" needs to apply, she will soon need a job.
FFC

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
the manager at "it's fashion" needs to apply, she will soon need a job.
Lets think this through. If a business opens up and puts another shop out of business, what does that tell us? That the new business is better than the old one, right? And if we end up with a better business than we had before, isn't that a good thing?
Galileo

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

FFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets think this through. If a business opens up and puts another shop out of business, what does that tell us? That the new business is better than the old one, right? And if we end up with a better business than we had before, isn't that a good thing?
No!! Capitalism is evil. The city council needs to bail out these businesses so they will stay alive!!
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

FFC wrote:
<quoted text>
no, what is tells us is that the town could only support both of them, naturally everyone is going to flock to the business just because it is new, not because it is better, mean while the older business suffers , many of there customers may come back, but in a small trade area like ours the pie once again gets sliced too thin.
Jackie

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
no, what is tells us is that the town could only support both of them, naturally everyone is going to flock to the business just because it is new, not because it is better, mean while the older business suffers , many of there customers may come back, but in a small trade area like ours the pie once again gets sliced too thin.
Ok. So prove that's what happens.
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Jackie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. So prove that's what happens.
prove it don't..........just look around you, everytime something new comes in, something goes out..........helll, Eppinete is already talking about relocating to TEXARKANA.
yep

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it don't..........just look around you, everytime something new comes in, something goes out..........helll, Eppinete is already talking about relocating to TEXARKANA.
Look at the damage that Walmart did when it started selling groceries. How many grocery stores and small mom and pop stores did we loose. And look at Walmart now. It looked pretty good when it first opened, but it's pretty much a crap shoot now.
actually

Woodlawn, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU PROVE IT DOES! You've already been told time and again that your knowledge of economics is lacking. And you continue to prove it. And nobody cares if Eppinettes leaves. We have Atwoods!
Reader

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Rue 21 coming here is a good thing. I only know a handful of people who actually but their clothes in El Dorado. Most people drive two hours to buy clothes. I do not think this will hurt It's Fashion. whatever the hell that is...
uh oh

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops. You said the "E" word! And watcha know, there he is! Never fails.
FFC

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. Retail stores don't relocate. Eppinette's is here because they have a customer base. And atwoods is here because they think there's a market for them here.
well

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

It's Eppinettes choice if he wants to relocate to Texarkana. I imagine there's competition for him over there too.
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

well wrote:
It's Eppinettes choice if he wants to relocate to Texarkana. I imagine there's competition for him over there too.
I don't think it is a matter of competition, it is a matter of market trade area, Eppinettes prices allow him to be in the thick of the competition with anyone, Eldorado has proven time and time again it has a small market area and the atwood thing will prove to be fatal, I hope it is not true and just a rumor, I have always liked shopping at Eppinettes and will continue to support them.
FFC

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it is a matter of competition, it is a matter of market trade area, Eppinettes prices allow him to be in the thick of the competition with anyone, Eldorado has proven time and time again it has a small market area and the atwood thing will prove to be fatal, I hope it is not true and just a rumor, I have always liked shopping at Eppinettes and will continue to support them.

Once again, you're an idiot. You say that Eppinettes can be in the thick of competition with anyone, yet the Atwood thing will prove to be fatal? Which is it - is eppinettes awesome or will atwoods kill them?
oh well

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

FFC wrote:
<quoted text>.
Once again, you're an idiot. You say that Eppinettes can be in the thick of competition with anyone, yet the Atwood thing will prove to be fatal? Which is it - is eppinettes awesome or will atwoods kill them?
re-read my post, I said it would be the small market trade area, not prices.
FFC

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

oh well wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read your post. And it makes no sense whatsoever. Either they can compete or they can't.
facts

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

I just talked to Phil at Eppinettes, he said this was all BS from the topix clowns, Eppinettes is not moving no where.
actually

Wolfe City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

oh well wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it sounds like you're saying he'd run to Texarkana with his tail between his legs. I'll admire him as he,stays and competes with Henleys, Kens, Atwoods, Walmart. And once he stays off topix and facebook with his temper tantrums. He has done good the past few weeks.
Tina

Pine Bluff, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Who turned that dying mall around. Was it the wife of the guy at the chamber of commerce? The best man for the job is usually a woman!
Ron B

Wolfe City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Tina wrote:
Who turned that dying mall around. Was it the wife of the guy at the chamber of commerce? The best man for the job is usually a woman!
Hell naw. Women only good for 3 thangs: screwin, cleanin, and readin the news!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 min speller feller 29,089
dumb a meth heads (Dec '12) 24 min Sad but true 21
Municipal Auditorium- El Dorado 49 min Sad but true 20
Christina Duschak 1 hr Sad but true 10
Eldorado , Entire city needs to be cleaned up,! 4 hr Joel 8
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 6 hr whiskers 9,795
Big Men, Little "problem" 10 hr Duck lover 80
•••
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE