I Need a Doctor thats not scared to w...

I Need a Doctor thats not scared to write a RX!

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

Please Help

El Dorado, AR

#1 Jul 7, 2014
so I have severe back pain.. but doc refusing to give me any meds even tho hes seen my xrays and said out of his own mouth " I know ur In a lot of pain"......only writes me BS scripts that don't work......any one know of a good doc that will actually do his job??? Thanks in advance!
sos

El Dorado, AR

#2 Jul 7, 2014
Good luck with that here, but you can go to Little Rock or Louisiana for help. Most of doctors will not help you here if you really have problem.

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

#3 Jul 8, 2014
All the doctors in town will write an Rx if they don't think you are drug seeking.
Nope

El Dorado, AR

#4 Jul 8, 2014
EldoMasterBlaster wrote:
All the doctors in town will write an Rx if they don't think you are drug seeking.
That isn't true. One of the best doctors in town will hardly give out needed prescriptions because his own family has struggled with addiction. He's a wonderful guy and doctor but his personal life has affected his ability to give people what they really need. I still go to him though because he's knowledgable as hell and if he isn't sure about something he will send you straight to a specialist. No God complex at all. Though I have to admit I've considered going to a different doc so that I can get what I really need.
Nope

El Dorado, AR

#5 Jul 8, 2014
Here's a specific example....

I've never had an addiction, nor will I ever. My doc knows this. But when I started having some legitimate problems with pain, I got ten of the pills I needed. TEN. I needed one about every six hours or so, so I was out of them within a few days. When I asked for more, I got ten more. I felt like I was harassing him just to get what I needed. It was ridiculous. I understand that he doesn't want people to get addicted. But like with every other doctor out there, he doesn't get to make that call. People need adequate medication. Most people use it wisely. Those that don't... that's on them.
grimey

El Dorado, AR

#6 Jul 8, 2014
Please Help wrote:
so I have severe back pain.. but doc refusing to give me any meds even tho hes seen my xrays and said out of his own mouth " I know ur In a lot of pain"......only writes me BS scripts that don't work......any one know of a good doc that will actually do his job??? Thanks in advance!
There are a lot of addicts and pill poppers around here. Doctors are always on the lookout for manipulators. Sry if ur one of the unfortunate causalities of other ppls stupidity.
mom

Jena, LA

#7 Jul 9, 2014
Ask your doctor if they can refer you to a pain clinic if this is something chronic. We only have one doctor in ElDo right now that does pain, so might be faster to go to another town.
True story

El Dorado, AR

#8 Jul 9, 2014
I have the same problem. I am actively seeking a treatment for my chronic pain but in the mean time I do need the band aide of meds but my doctor won't give me refills. Even when he has seen my mri and ct scans and knows that I have pain. I feel like I'm harassing him and it makes me feel like a bad person for asking.
Card

Pine Bluff, AR

#10 Jul 11, 2014
Please Help wrote:
so I have severe back pain.. but doc refusing to give me any meds even tho hes seen my xrays and said out of his own mouth " I know ur In a lot of pain"......only writes me BS scripts that don't work......any one know of a good doc that will actually do his job??? Thanks in advance!
Sounds like you need a pain clinic!
Not gonna happen in eldo which I'm super glad about! A lot of patients abuse these physicians out here to write narc meds which in 98% of them are not needing them for any "pain" it's either to take it themselves or sell them! Not fair for the other folks that "do" need them! So go elsewhere not eldo

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

#11 Jul 11, 2014
Nope wrote:
<quoted text> That isn't true. One of the best doctors in town will hardly give out needed prescriptions because his own family has struggled with addiction. He's a wonderful guy and doctor but his personal life has affected his ability to give people what they really need. I still go to him though because he's knowledgable as hell and if he isn't sure about something he will send you straight to a specialist. No God complex at all. Though I have to admit I've considered going to a different doc so that I can get what I really need.
If a doctor (and we all know exactly who you are talking about) won't write you a script for a drug because of his personal issues then he needs to hang it up. But I know that this particular doctor will actually write a script for needed pain meds. He just isn't going to give them to you long term, as well he shouldn't. If you need pain meds long term there is a problem that should be seen by a specialist or you are addicted to them.
sos

El Dorado, AR

#12 Jul 11, 2014
Wow there are a lot of misinformed people on here. If they are not already your doctor, as in yours left and you had to get a new one they will not give you any pain management no matter your condition. There are a lot of people who have cronic pain conditions from injuries that are too expensive to fix, or they have degeneration of spine or arthritis bad enough to need meds to even function. Yes they do the exercises and stretches but debilitating pain that wont let you sleep, that drives up blood pressure and blood sugar from stress of dealing with it, have to be treated. If they have bad kidneys then NSAIDS are not an option. That leaves only narcotic pain med. Those who get hooked as you say on them are usually the ones who get a script and take all in 2 or 3 days when it was for 30. Or they try to go to multiple doctors and hospitals and use several pharmacies. It is wrong for a doctor to deny a patient relief from pain if none of these factors exist. It would be great if everyone could get problems fixed so there was not severe pain but that is just not reality. A pain clinic is probably your only choice, but be prepared to be treated like you are a freak, because there are a lot of them out there and apparently reading your file is just too hard.
Wont Happen

El Dorado, AR

#13 Jul 12, 2014
sos wrote:
Wow there are a lot of misinformed people on here. If they are not already your doctor, as in yours left and you had to get a new one they will not give you any pain management no matter your condition. There are a lot of people who have cronic pain conditions from injuries that are too expensive to fix, or they have degeneration of spine or arthritis bad enough to need meds to even function. Yes they do the exercises and stretches but debilitating pain that wont let you sleep, that drives up blood pressure and blood sugar from stress of dealing with it, have to be treated. If they have bad kidneys then NSAIDS are not an option. That leaves only narcotic pain med. Those who get hooked as you say on them are usually the ones who get a script and take all in 2 or 3 days when it was for 30. Or they try to go to multiple doctors and hospitals and use several pharmacies. It is wrong for a doctor to deny a patient relief from pain if none of these factors exist. It would be great if everyone could get problems fixed so there was not severe pain but that is just not reality. A pain clinic is probably your only choice, but be prepared to be treated like you are a freak, because there are a lot of them out there and apparently reading your file is just too hard.
My doc gives me 30 of what I need per month. That way, he knows I'm not abusing, b/c I don't need them every day and never ask for more. Any doctor should do the same but they don't. It sucks for a lot of people around here b/c they really can't get what they need even though abuse is super obvious. It's f*cking weird.
mccguy

Little Rock, AR

#14 Jul 16, 2014
If you have chronic and reoccurring pain, see a specialist or go to a pain management facility. Some of the nicest and most genuine seeming patients can be pill poppers. Your MD is not a psychiatrist or a drug addiction specialist and should not prescribe long term pain medicine. I am glad for these local doctors and the way they handle pill seekers.
sos

El Dorado, AR

#16 Jul 16, 2014
mccguy, I do see a specialist, oh wait I pay for a specialist and see a nurse practioner in a pain mgmt. clinic out of town each month. I do not want the pain meds but my body will not allow me to take the nsaids that almost completely remove my pain(doctors orders). I have never taken more than I was prescribed, or gone to more than one doctor or pharmacy for them. I am one of the ones who lost their insurance and doctor due to a plan becoming law and with new insurance and new doctor there is problem because doctors here are only giving pain meds to current patients and not new patients. The absolute hysterical thing to me is the people I see that get them handed to them daily for whatever reason who have had real drug problems in past. Yet those who have never had a problem are stonewalled. Sign of the times I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Timberland health and Rehab. 59 min Elderly Advocate 5
meth is what we all need 1 hr fkthelaw 15
christopher UCSD 1 hr fkthelaw 25
Pregnant Smokers 7 hr dr phole 12
Hot Shots 7 hr kbobb 62
best docs to work for in town! 11 hr Ben Dover 16
20$ for a favor 12 hr Man Up 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages