who

United States

#30 Dec 28, 2012
This is a horrible tragedy, especially at this time of year! My heart and prayers go out to all the families and children involved!! I know all those children in the car that night will have to live the rest of their lives with what each of them saw and that is not going to be an easy thing for any of them. I have and will continue to pray for all involved!! May God be with each of those children and all the families!!
Redneck

United States

#31 Dec 28, 2012
What happened and what are their names? Texting and driving deserves the death penalty!
Same old

El Dorado, AR

#32 Dec 29, 2012
who wrote:
This is a horrible tragedy, especially at this time of year! My heart and prayers go out to all the families and children involved!! I know all those children in the car that night will have to live the rest of their lives with what each of them saw and that is not going to be an easy thing for any of them. I have and will continue to pray for all involved!! May God be with each of those children and all the families!!
This should have never happened and was all to easily avoided. None of them should have been out at that hour of the night. No reason whatsoever. The girl who was driving absolutely should not have been texting and driving. It has been proven that texting while driving is the same as driving drunk. I've heard it isn't over yet as far as the law is concerned. In other words, pretty much the same case as the Dallas cowboy football player who drove drunk and had a wreck that killed his teammate. At the bottom is which parent allowed them to be out so late running around. The blame also falls there.

Wake up people. Be a responsible parent. Don't allow your kids to do these things. Teach them better.
who

United States

#33 Dec 29, 2012
Same old wrote:
<quoted text>
This should have never happened and was all to easily avoided. None of them should have been out at that hour of the night. No reason whatsoever. The girl who was driving absolutely should not have been texting and driving. It has been proven that texting while driving is the same as driving drunk. I've heard it isn't over yet as far as the law is concerned. In other words, pretty much the same case as the Dallas cowboy football player who drove drunk and had a wreck that killed his teammate. At the bottom is which parent allowed them to be out so late running around. The blame also falls there.
Wake up people. Be a responsible parent. Don't allow your kids to do these things. Teach them better.
I never said anything which was meant to sound as if I was defending anyone's actions. I have children of my own and would never allow them to be out at 1 o'clock in the morning. I wouldn't even think about letting them stay the night with any friend who had a driver's license without first making it clear to that child's parents that my children were NOT allowed to be out riding around at any time of night past 9. My youngest is 14 and if he had friends with a license, he would not be allowed to go riding with them. There never should've been a 16 year old driving with 4 other children in the vehicle because at 16 years old, there are too many distractions and not enough driving experience.
When they take the drivers' test, they are told to not text and drive!! As parents, this is a law we should enforce with our children and not doing so can lead to tragedy!!
Same old

El Dorado, AR

#34 Dec 29, 2012
who wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything which was meant to sound as if I was defending anyone's actions. I have children of my own and would never allow them to be out at 1 o'clock in the morning. I wouldn't even think about letting them stay the night with any friend who had a driver's license without first making it clear to that child's parents that my children were NOT allowed to be out riding around at any time of night past 9. My youngest is 14 and if he had friends with a license, he would not be allowed to go riding with them. There never should've been a 16 year old driving with 4 other children in the vehicle because at 16 years old, there are too many distractions and not enough driving experience.
When they take the drivers' test, they are told to not text and drive!! As parents, this is a law we should enforce with our children and not doing so can lead to tragedy!!
I didn't take it that you were defending their actions. In fact, I completely agree with your post and the type of parenting you posted about is exactly they type that others need to do. Responsible parenting. What you say your doing is being proactive and networking with other parents. A lot more people need to be doing the same thing and a lot of these tragedies would be avoided.
I know

United States

#35 Dec 29, 2012
Same old wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't take it that you were defending their actions. In fact, I completely agree with your post and the type of parenting you posted about is exactly they type that others need to do. Responsible parenting. What you say your doing is being proactive and networking with other parents. A lot more people need to be doing the same thing and a lot of these tragedies would be avoided.
You don't know what these parents are teaching their kids. How many times have you told your kids things and they chose not to listen? I know my parents raised me well and pounded things into my head for my own good, but guess what? I didn't always do what my parents taught me or what I knew was right! You are all the type that blame your parents for your failures! How bout we hold each other accountable for our own actions and not assume its the parents fault! Is it a good idea they were out that late? No but none of you know the circumstance. A child is dead and you still continue to add to the pain of losing a child by posting this crap? You claim to be good parents but your showing your true colors as humans beings. I hope if you ever lose a child there are not people blaming it on you and adding to the pain.
Same old

El Dorado, AR

#36 Dec 29, 2012
It is the parents responsibility. The girl who was driving and texting is under the age of 18 which legally makes her parents responsible for her actions. However you want to look at it, these teens should have been at home, not out running the roads at that late hour. There is a parent that is responsible for them being out at that hour. Whether you like it or not, that's a fact. The driver and her parents are responsible for the loss of life in that accident and most likely will get sued. Watch and see. Either way, a lesson is to be learned and I hope that others will learn.
dayumnkids

El Dorado, AR

#37 Dec 29, 2012
probably out smoking dope, at that hour of the night. and what is a little girl doing texting at 1:30 in the morning? who was she talking to i wonder?
I know

United States

#38 Dec 29, 2012
Same old wrote:
It is the parents responsibility. The girl who was driving and texting is under the age of 18 which legally makes her parents responsible for her actions. However you want to look at it, these teens should have been at home, not out running the roads at that late hour. There is a parent that is responsible for them being out at that hour. Whether you like it or not, that's a fact. The driver and her parents are responsible for the loss of life in that accident and most likely will get sued. Watch and see. Either way, a lesson is to be learned and I hope that others will learn.
Let me guess, you attend crosslife and your oldest kid is 3? Let me know when u lose a loved one, a mother, brother, child, uncle or grandparent! I'd kinda like to give some love and compassion back to you by posting the death and how it could have been avoided by posting it all over topix. I hope others learn that people like you deserve what you get.
cantfixstupid

United States

#39 Dec 29, 2012
I know wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess, you attend crosslife and your oldest kid is 3? Let me know when u lose a loved one, a mother, brother, child, uncle or grandparent! I'd kinda like to give some love and compassion back to you by posting the death and how it could have been avoided by posting it all over topix. I hope others learn that people like you deserve what you get.
So....actually what you are saying is the kids got what tbey deserve right?? I mean, youre insinuating people get what they deserve,,,,I wonder what the young guy did that made God kill him........
cantfixstupid

United States

#40 Dec 29, 2012
I know wrote:
<quoted text>
and whats your take on what the girls are guilty of that caused God to make them have to watch another kid die and know it was their fault? pre-teen whoredom perhaps....
ps. Youre a great example that ya DONT have to be a member of Crosslife Cburch to be tital effed up in your thinking :)
losing my religion

United States

#41 Dec 29, 2012
cantfixstupid wrote:
<quoted text>
So....actually what you are saying is the kids got what tbey deserve right?? I mean, youre insinuating people get what they deserve,,,,I wonder what the young guy did that made God kill him........
The wages of sin is death. And we all know which commandment tells us not to be out, high on that pot stuff, at 130 in the morning, driving while texting!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#42 Dec 30, 2012
Pot stuff??
Same old

El Dorado, AR

#43 Dec 30, 2012
I know wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I'm not one of millers kool aid drinkers and my kid is many times past the age of three nor did I even start this topic. My position all along has been how this should never have happened and trying to wake up other parents to avoid this. I'm sorry the young man lost his life. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time. It is the girl who was driving that is at fault here along with whichever parents that allowed them to be out at that hour of the night. I haven't brought religion or drugs into any of my posts whatsoever. Go back and read each of my posts and you'll see. My message has been consistent. Don't text and drive and parents shouldn't allow their kids to be out running around at that te of night.

Also, you have absolutely no idea at the amount of death and destruction I've seen iny life, so don't even go there.
Same old

El Dorado, AR

#44 Dec 30, 2012
Sorry for the double post.
losing my religion

United States

#45 Dec 30, 2012
curiousj wrote:
Pot stuff??
Yeah, pot stuff. Are you a pothead, focker???
losing my religion

United States

#46 Dec 30, 2012
curiousj wrote:
Pot stuff??
Yeah! Pot stuff! Are you a pothead, focker???
MotherLove

El Dorado, AR

#47 Dec 30, 2012
Those without sin , cast the fist stone !.....You people do not know the child, or the parents of child.
well

Chicago, IL

#48 Dec 30, 2012
Don't have to know. The law is pretty clear on this.
Same old

El Dorado, AR

#49 Dec 30, 2012
MotherLove wrote:
Those without sin , cast the fist stone !.....You people do not know the child, or the parents of child.
This isn't about religion and biblical quotes. It is about a teen driver doing something absurdly stupid which is texting and driving that costed a young man his life. I don't need to know the child nor parents to draw some correct conclusions that the driver is stupid and the parents were not doing their job by allowing their children out at that time of night. Can you not agree that if the parents had done their job and had their children safely at home in bed then absolutely none of this would have happened? What happened is tragic and a young man lost his life because of someone doing something stupid and a parent(s) allowing their children out far past when they should have been home. Can you agree with that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Hesitation Targets for DHS (Feb '13) 44 min FUNNY 50
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 52 min They Dumb 29,828
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 57 min KatBrownKohl 843
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 1 hr KatBrownKohl 232
AR Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in A... (Oct '10) 1 hr KatBrownKohl 385
AR Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) 1 hr KatBrownKohl 218
shelby lewis 1 hr its britt bitch 5
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
•••
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado