Awful

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

I saw where the wreck happened. Just before you get to the south plant. I'm so sorry for these families.
law

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Isn't it against the law to put minors name and info out there?
lopp

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

law wrote:
Isn't it against the law to put minors name and info out there?
18 is not a minor and there is no name on here
law

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

lopp wrote:
<quoted text>18 is not a minor and there is no name on here
Click on the link and yes there is names and address is fine the police have been called and are looking into it
huh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

law wrote:
<quoted text>
Click on the link and yes there is names and address is fine the police have been called and are looking into it
Call the law if you want, but it is public information. The author of the article probably saw it on the Arkansas State Police website where they list accidents that are fatal.
well

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

News-Times printed the names also in the Christmas edition.
lopp

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

that was a news papper link

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Newspaper (or anyone else) does not print names of juveniles when they are involved in crimes (unless they are charged as adults) but this is different. Very sad thing to have happen on Christmas Eve, but you are right, it it public information and is posted on the Arkansas State Police website for anyone to see.
Eldo news

Magnolia, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

It is illegal for certain agencies to provide the names of juveniles to the media in certain cases. Accidents aren't one of them -- in Arkansas, accidents aren't a crime unless and until someone gets charged with one as a result, but by then, the cat's already out of the bag. So far as criminal matters are concerned, it is illegal for authorities to provide juvenile names to media, but it's not illegal for the news media to use them if they obtain them from another source -- and you can bet they're looking for them. For this purpose, Facebook and Topix are a news media gold mine. Whether or not media uses the names of juveniles is a matter of internal policy of the news organization involved -- some do, some don't.
parent

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

i am parent of one of those kids and let me tell you as a parent you dont always know where they are. you know where they are supposed to be, but you can't watch them every second.so don't judge me you don't even know me.I am a good perent,and my child made a bad judgement and she is paying for it, because what they went through,watching her friend die and trying to help him until the last moments of his life will be punishment for her for the rest of her life.so judge your own!
really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

parent wrote:
i am parent of one of those kids and let me tell you as a parent you dont always know where they are. you know where they are supposed to be, but you can't watch them every second.so don't judge me you don't even know me.I am a good perent,and my child made a bad judgement and she is paying for it, because what they went through,watching her friend die and trying to help him until the last moments of his life will be punishment for her for the rest of her life.so judge your own!
Don't waste your time on this site. All there is is a bunch of judgmental hypocrites trying to stir up trouble. Losers. If the posts get too inflammatory or inappropriate report them and have the thread removed.
well

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Parents are responsible for the actions of their minor children.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

I feel as if this thread is disrespectful to all the families involved, and should be deleted. No one should sit in judgement of ANY parent. This is a private matter. I do not know any of the families involved, but I am sure each and every one of the families is filled with tremendous grief. Therefore, personally, I am going to report this thread. It is in poor taste. The community should reach out to these families, and pray for them. Sitting behind a computer using fake names to pass judgement is wrong. Please show respect.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

I just reported this thread, and listed the reasons why it should be removed. I hope that all of you that have said such ugly, hurtful things will find something better to do with your time today! I feel certain this thread will be removed shortly out of respect for the families.
same old

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Report the thread all you want to but the truth of the matter is that it's sad that one kid had to lose his life and a few others narrowly avoided it due to the negligence of parents. None of those kids needed to be out fooling around at 1:30 in the morning no matter how you want to shine it. The burden of guilt falls onto whichever parent or parents should have been keeping a closer check on the kids and not allowing them to be out at all hours of the night. It amazes me that this mess happens over and over and no parent learns their lesson on letting their kids run around at all hours of the night.

And like another person said on this thread, Parents are responsible for the actions of their minor children. Let them tear something up and see who has to break open their checkbook to make restitution.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Literally, you have too much time on your hands! Stop judging!!! Would you like to be judged in this manner:? You are showing total disrespect for the families. The thread will be removed soon. Grow up!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

And i will just delete another one!!! If you are so passionate about this subject, then go make a difference!!! You are not accomplishing much by ranting on TOPIX. TOPIX is no more than a gossip site, but as I said before, I find this thread terribly disrespectful to the families involved. Move on to something else!!!
well

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

The names were published in the News-Times. I think it was Christmas day.
Same old

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

poopooscoot wrote:
Literally, you have too much time on your hands! Stop judging!!! Would you like to be judged in this manner:? You are showing total disrespect for the families. The thread will be removed soon. Grow up!!
I believe it is time well spent to get the message out to parents and teens to not text and drive. This was an easily avoided tragedy on several levels. No one, child or adult should text and drive. The girl driving was a horrible driver at best and then add to that she was texting too? Plus being out way past when they should have been safely at home. Nothing but bad could come from those factors. When I drive I'm sure as hell not texting so judge away if you so desire. I don't even think you know the correct usage of that term.

If you had any logical reasoning poopoo, you could see that this provides a good object lesson to others and could possibly save someone else's life. I'm sorry the young man lost his life but if someone can learn the dangers of texting and driving, then his passing was not in vain. So scoot poopoo and go teach your kids not text while driving and be in by curfew and you might save lives too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hookers 1 hr Duck lover 26
So Glad this Person has been Dumbed Down a Bit 1 hr Duck lover 71
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr BARNEYII 29,432
Jay Norris 3 hr dughie 2
Drug Dens 5 hr JusMe 75
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 10 hr I like Birds 9,827
Antique show rolls into southern Arkansas 21 hr For Your Info 9

Search the El Dorado Forum:
•••
•••
El Dorado Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••