Girls Desperate to Get Married

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wanna Knows It

El Dorado, AR

#1 Jun 2, 2013
Ever notice that some girls are SOOOOO desperate to get married that they'll marry the first guy that will marry them? Don't get me wrong, I know they marry a guy they think they love. They won't marry a guy they're not attracted to either, but their pathetic desperation probably helps convince them they're "in love". Because seriously, unless you started dating the guy at 18 or 20 yrs old, who the f**k gets married when they're around 25? Desperate ass people, that's who. People who think we're still living in the 1920s. People who'll be 35 yr old divorcees out acting like they're in their 20s again.

What is wrong with these girls? Why have Southern women sunk to this new low? Is this everywhere or is it a Southern thing because we're like twenty yrs behind the North? I had a history professor tell our class that people in the South still think like they're in the mid 1900s for the most part so the women are more determined to get married young. I disagree with her though because most of these "determined" girls all have at least one kid out of wedlock and have no shame in it. That isn't very "traditional" if you ask me.

I'm 23 years old and know that even if I met Mr. Right tomorrow that I would never be getting married at 25. Unthinkable. I have known so many girls that are already divorced and under thirty! And there are SO many girls that end up with more than one kid and more than one baby daddy before they're even out of their twenties. Its horrible. They should be ashamed and they aren't at all. My parents said this never happened in their day. So what has happened to our society?
actually

Dallas, TX

#2 Jun 2, 2013
Wanna Knows It wrote:
Ever notice that some girls are SOOOOO desperate to get married that they'll marry the first guy that will marry them? Don't get me wrong, I know they marry a guy they think they love. They won't marry a guy they're not attracted to either, but their pathetic desperation probably helps convince them they're "in love". Because seriously, unless you started dating the guy at 18 or 20 yrs old, who the f**k gets married when they're around 25? Desperate ass people, that's who. People who think we're still living in the 1920s. People who'll be 35 yr old divorcees out acting like they're in their 20s again.
What is wrong with these girls? Why have Southern women sunk to this new low? Is this everywhere or is it a Southern thing because we're like twenty yrs behind the North? I had a history professor tell our class that people in the South still think like they're in the mid 1900s for the most part so the women are more determined to get married young. I disagree with her though because most of these "determined" girls all have at least one kid out of wedlock and have no shame in it. That isn't very "traditional" if you ask me.
I'm 23 years old and know that even if I met Mr. Right tomorrow that I would never be getting married at 25. Unthinkable. I have known so many girls that are already divorced and under thirty! And there are SO many girls that end up with more than one kid and more than one baby daddy before they're even out of their twenties. Its horrible. They should be ashamed and they aren't at all. My parents said this never happened in their day. So what has happened to our society?
Oh, you misguided child. Listening to your snobby, liberal professor that feels she's an expert on everything because she's READ the scientific findings of others. Howeasily ratios can be manipulated based on the selective risk of your target group. Many people up north still marry at young ages; however, the new line of thinking is to not marry at all! The idea of the mother in a traditional family sticks up the asses of people like your professor and Carol Sandburg, the COO of Facebook, like an enema because not all women think as they do. Why must success in life be solely based on the major bread winner of a relationship? Women are more than capable to handle executive and management roles in companies,but at the expense if a family?

My wife and I dated for 3 years, starting when she was the age of 22, and we married when she was 25. We have been married for 10 years with 3 amazing children. True love can be found and obtained in that quick of a time span. There is no rushing about it. We wanted to start a family. Both with college degrees, no debt, and solid careers, we both had every opportunity to continue "exploring" other options and enjoying being young. Why did we choose not to? Because life was better by building a family. That is what adults do. Adults do not categorize demographics because that is what college KIDS do. Adults realize that the outside world is completely different than the perspective you read or hear in a closed, bias environment. Learn to think for yourself and open up to possibilities. Or you will find yourself in a possible career rut, single, and desperate by the time YOU are 30. Best of luck to you.
wondering

El Dorado, AR

#3 Jun 2, 2013
That was ten years ago for you. Do you not think that today's 25 year olds have the minds of teenagers? Thats what all those stupid "scientific findings" have to say. I guess all scientists are just a bunch of liberal, biased morons to you? Happy you found love more than a decade ago but even ten years ago a 25 or 28 yr old was an adult. In our generation those are still young adults. Why do you think most marriages under thirty end up in divorce?
wondering

El Dorado, AR

#4 Jun 2, 2013
Honestly, if a couple has been dating for several years I see no problem with marriage. You date a few years, get married, stay married a few years and get financially stable enough to start having kids. Thats what most people strive for, isn't it? Thats the ideal no matter what age you are.

I do understand people getting bothered with all the babydaddies and whatnot though. Too many people having kid number one way too early, out of wedlock, then having kid number two with a different father or mother not long after. I mean really, who wants to be THAT person that has three kids with two different fathers all under the age of thirty? I get that some people have a kid or two in their twenties then get divorced and remarried and come 32 or so they're ready to expand their new family. But having babydaddy #2 at like, 25 years old? That really is sad and unhealthy for the kids. What makes it worse is that its becoming the norm.
XXL Tampons

United States

#5 Jun 2, 2013
Wanna Knows It wrote:
My parents said this never happened in their day. So what has happened to our society?
Them colored folks some how brain washed white women and even men that acting colored or breed with them some how makes their lives better. Maybe it's the rap music that caused this.

Having 3 to 12 kids with different fathers really isn't a better life contrary to belief. Being on welfare while riding on 28 in rims that dope paid for is not very appealing.
idiots

El Dorado, AR

#6 Jun 2, 2013
I happen to be 25 years old and am about to have my second child that will arrive when I'm 26. My first child was born out of wedlock but she sees her father every few months. I know that every few months isn't a very good thing but I have a certain amount of anxiety about leaving my child with her father. This is something many mothers have to deal with. I'm now married to a guy I consider to be wonderful and perfect and we're happy to be expecting even though we haven't been married for long. He loves my first child like his own. And yes, we weren't together for long before we got married but as they say, when you know you just know.

I was not "desperate" to get married, even though a few mean people, including my own mother, said that I just wanted to be married so I wouldn't be a single mother anymore. My used-to-be best friend even told me she was afraid I was making a mistake marrying someone I hadn't been with long then getting pregnant right after, even though she knows I dated him years ago, so technically I have known him a long time. She even accused me of getting pregnant again as soon as I could to "cement" our marriage. I see a lot of girls who are jealous when other girls find the right man earlier than they do.

I know getting pregnant when I was barely into my twenties was not the road I should've taken. Don't you think it bothers me that my child will grow up confused because she has to be moved back and forth between her father and stepfather, while her sibling is with us all the time? I pray every day she won't grow up with "daddy issues". Don't you think I wish my children had the same father and that things would have turned out differently?

I also know that people don't look on it favorably. Sometimes it hurts. All I can do is try to act as though I don't notice their judgement. It also helps that in today's world a lot of people accept this kind of thing and that there are way more proud mothers out there even if they weren't married when they had their first child. There are also a lot more young mothers out there that hold their heads high. Some people bash shows like "Teen Mom" but I think those girls have helped bring awareness to the fact that you can be a younger mother and still be a good mother and that there is nothing wrong with it.

But still I wish I would have waited. I wish I would have been more careful. I know that my circumstances aren't preferable and aren't something I would recommend to other girls my age. I tell all of my friends, even the married ones, that they should wait a few years before having kids. In today's world, being in your mid-twenties really is like being a young adult. But I am still going to be proud of my children and share my kids lives and successes with friends and family on facebook and other places. I am still happy despite my mistakes. We make the best with what we have. People shouldn't expect us to be ashamed of our kids. We aren't heartless and we do feel guilt that we didn't make better decisions for ourselves and didn't think about what effects our children might have in their futures because of our decisions. That bothers me almost every day, though its not something I go around telling people. Its something I try to stay positive about and forget.

So I get it. I know why people are offended or whatever but we will NEVER be ashamed of our children and nobody should say such a thing. We aren't perfect but we aren't horrible people either. We make mistakes but do what we can however we can to make our children's lives good lives!
XXL Tampons

United States

#7 Jun 2, 2013
idiots wrote:
I happen to be 25 years old and am about to have my second child that will arrive when I'm 26. My first child was born out of wedlock but she sees her father every few months. I know that every few months isn't a very good thing but I have a certain amount of anxiety about leaving my child with her father. This is something many mothers have to deal with. I'm now married to a guy I consider to be wonderful and perfect and we're happy to be expecting even though we haven't been married for long. He loves my first child like his own. And yes, we weren't together for long before we got married but as they say, when you know you just know.
I was not "desperate" to get married, even though a few mean people, including my own mother, said that I just wanted to be married so I wouldn't be a single mother anymore. My used-to-be best friend even told me she was afraid I was making a mistake marrying someone I hadn't been with long then getting pregnant right after, even though she knows I dated him years ago, so technically I have known him a long time. She even accused me of getting pregnant again as soon as I could to "cement" our marriage. I see a lot of girls who are jealous when other girls find the right man earlier than they do.
I know getting pregnant when I was barely into my twenties was not the road I should've taken. Don't you think it bothers me that my child will grow up confused because she has to be moved back and forth between her father and stepfather, while her sibling is with us all the time? I pray every day she won't grow up with "daddy issues". Don't you think I wish my children had the same father and that things would have turned out differently?
I also know that people don't look on it favorably. Sometimes it hurts. All I can do is try to act as though I don't notice their judgement. It also helps that in today's world a lot of people accept this kind of thing and that there are way more proud mothers out there even if they weren't married when they had their first child. There are also a lot more young mothers out there that hold their heads high. Some people bash shows like "Teen Mom" but I think those girls have helped bring awareness to the fact that you can be a younger mother and still be a good mother and that there is nothing wrong with it.
But still I wish I would have waited. I wish I would have been more careful. I know that my circumstances aren't preferable and aren't something I would recommend to other girls my age. I tell all of my friends, even the married ones, that they should wait a few years before having kids. In today's world, being in your mid-twenties really is like being a young adult. But I am still going to be proud of my children and share my kids lives and successes with friends and family on facebook and other places. I am still happy despite my mistakes. We make the best with what we have. People shouldn't expect us to be ashamed of our kids. We aren't heartless and we do feel guilt that we didn't make better decisions for ourselves and didn't think about what effects our children might have in their futures because of our decisions. That bothers me almost every day, though its not something I go around telling people. Its something I try to stay positive about and forget.
So I get it. I know why people are offended or whatever but we will NEVER be ashamed of our children and nobody should say such a thing. We aren't perfect but we aren't horrible people either. We make mistakes but do what we can however we can to make our children's lives good lives!
Someone struck a nerve lol
Nuff Said

El Dorado, AR

#8 Jun 2, 2013
I know some women in their 40's that seem just as desperate.
actually

Dallas, TX

#9 Jun 2, 2013
wondering wrote:
That was ten years ago for you. Do you not think that today's 25 year olds have the minds of teenagers? Thats what all those stupid "scientific findings" have to say. I guess all scientists are just a bunch of liberal, biased morons to you? Happy you found love more than a decade ago but even ten years ago a 25 or 28 yr old was an adult. In our generation those are still young adults. Why do you think most marriages under thirty end up in divorce?
25 and 28 year olds are still adults. Nothing has changed in the past 10 years. Only your perception.
hahahaha

El Dorado, AR

#10 Jun 2, 2013
Most 25 yr olds I know still act like teenagers or 21 year olds that just got their legal right to drink. You might think of them as adults but I see them as kids, as do most people. People in their mid-twenties might as well be 19 because their mentality fits it. You must know nothing about modern studies on these things.
hahahaha

El Dorado, AR

#11 Jun 2, 2013
Okay, lets say 25 year olds are adults. Do you think its alright to have two baby daddy's by the time you're that age? And with at least one child out of wedlock?

I expect an answer. Don't dodge it. Man up and respond to my question.
actually

Dallas, TX

#12 Jun 2, 2013
hahahaha wrote:
Most 25 yr olds I know still act like teenagers or 21 year olds that just got their legal right to drink. You might think of them as adults but I see them as kids, as do most people. People in their mid-twenties might as well be 19 because their mentality fits it. You must know nothing about modern studies on these things.
You need to get out more.
crazymaker

El Dorado, AR

#13 Jun 3, 2013
hahahaha wrote:
Okay, lets say 25 year olds are adults. Do you think its alright to have two baby daddy's by the time you're that age? And with at least one child out of wedlock?
I expect an answer. Don't dodge it. Man up and respond to my question.
If you're expecting an answer from that troll you definitely won't get one.
crazymaker

El Dorado, AR

#14 Jun 3, 2013
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
Listening to your snobby, liberal professor that feels she's an expert on everything because she's READ the scientific findings of others.
Omg. Seriously. Isn't that how the entire population becomes educated and knowledgable... by reading the scientific findings of professionals? Umm... yeah. There are always exceptions but then again, everyone thinks they're the exception when most are just proof of the point.
crazymaker

El Dorado, AR

#15 Jun 3, 2013
idiots wrote:
I happen to be 25 years old and am about to have my second child that will arrive when I'm 26. My first child was born out of wedlock but she sees her father every few months. I know that every few months isn't a very good thing but I have a certain amount of anxiety about leaving my child with her father. This is something many mothers have to deal with. I'm now married to a guy I consider to be wonderful and perfect and we're happy to be expecting even though we haven't been married for long. He loves my first child like his own. And yes, we weren't together for long before we got married but as they say, when you know you just know.
I was not "desperate" to get married, even though a few mean people, including my own mother, said that I just wanted to be married so I wouldn't be a single mother anymore. My used-to-be best friend even told me she was afraid I was making a mistake marrying someone I hadn't been with long then getting pregnant right after, even though she knows I dated him years ago, so technically I have known him a long time. She even accused me of getting pregnant again as soon as I could to "cement" our marriage. I see a lot of girls who are jealous when other girls find the right man earlier than they do.
I know getting pregnant when I was barely into my twenties was not the road I should've taken. Don't you think it bothers me that my child will grow up confused because she has to be moved back and forth between her father and stepfather, while her sibling is with us all the time? I pray every day she won't grow up with "daddy issues". Don't you think I wish my children had the same father and that things would have turned out differently?
I also know that people don't look on it favorably. Sometimes it hurts. All I can do is try to act as though I don't notice their judgement. It also helps that in today's world a lot of people accept this kind of thing and that there are way more proud mothers out there even if they weren't married when they had their first child. There are also a lot more young mothers out there that hold their heads high. Some people bash shows like "Teen Mom" but I think those girls have helped bring awareness to the fact that you can be a younger mother and still be a good mother and that there is nothing wrong with it.
But still I wish I would have waited. I wish I would have been more careful. I know that my circumstances aren't preferable and aren't something I would recommend to other girls my age. I tell all of my friends, even the married ones, that they should wait a few years before having kids. In today's world, being in your mid-twenties really is like being a young adult. But I am still going to be proud of my children and share my kids lives and successes with friends and family on facebook and other places. I am still happy despite my mistakes. We make the best with what we have. People shouldn't expect us to be ashamed of our kids. We aren't heartless and we do feel guilt that we didn't make better decisions for ourselves and didn't think about what effects our children might have in their futures because of our decisions. That bothers me almost every day, though its not something I go around telling people. Its something I try to stay positive about and forget.
So I get it. I know why people are offended or whatever but we will NEVER be ashamed of our children and nobody should say such a thing. We aren't perfect but we aren't horrible people either. We make mistakes but do what we can however we can to make our children's lives good lives!
Wow. You are exactly the kind of delusional trash people talk about on here. Have fun with your divorce sometime in the next ten years.
Seriously

Rockwall, TX

#16 Jun 3, 2013
My husband & I married at 18 after only dating 9 months.7 months later we found out we were expecting our first child. We are about to celebrate 6 years of marriage & recently had our 3rd child. We didn't get married young from desperation. And even now at 24 years old I'm alot more mature & grown than some adults I know. I'm going to agree with what someone said above, when you know...you know. Now I agree some people do get married from desperation. That happens at all ages. I know a 34 year old who just did that. Just because two people decide to get married younger doesn't make them desperate.
Married young

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Jun 4, 2013
I got married young at 19 not because I had to but because we wanted to. We were both still in college. We got our degrees had kids who are now grown and are still married. We had our ups and downs but we were mentally mature and dealt with things together. We became adults together and grew together. A lot of people are not mentally mature enough to handle that but I have friends in their 30's that are not mature enough and seem desperate and their boyfriend treat them horrible, cheat and abusive and they stay with them I think out of desperation. So I don't think it's the age I think it is the person. Yes I see a lot of 20 plus year old that are divorced with children that seem to be desperate to get married and will take whatever guy will marry them and whatever treatment they dish out just to have a ring on their finger.
BABAYY

Beverly Hills, CA

#18 Jun 4, 2013
Kerry Kingery tried to pressure Joe into marriage!! I feel sorry for the poor guy... When he is ready, he will ask! Just because your friends are married, doesn't mean you have to be also.
Desperate girls

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Jun 4, 2013
I have a friend that was so desperate to get a ring she put up with his cheating all the time even after they got engaged she was always catching him. She married him anyway even after she caught him cheating right before they got married. I know he is still cheating but she just turns a blind eye to it and acts like everything is ok all of her friends have told her over and over again that she deserves better so I think she just puts up with it and doesn't want to say anything to us about it. I don't know why she feels so desperate to be married to someone like that and take what she does. She can do so much better!
forgetting

El Dorado, AR

#20 Jun 4, 2013
BABAYY wrote:
Kerry Kingery tried to pressure Joe into marriage!! I feel sorry for the poor guy... When he is ready, he will ask! Just because your friends are married, doesn't mean you have to be also.
Being that young and trying to pressure someone into marriage is really damn desperate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are the prostitutes (Aug '14) 4 hr lolololol 45
Baltimore 5 hr sos 11
Divorce 7 hr colderweather 9
How Does One Report A Bad Doctor (Apr '11) 7 hr Gianna Grant 37
Whats up walmart closing numerous stores 10 hr Lmao 34
Kentucky Derby 11 hr Hmmm 2
Joann Davis snapped 14 hr drpuss 18
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]