|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

yepp wrote:
The News-Times is a disgrace. They only put out the local news that the super wealthy approve of. This town is as corrupt as they come. If this were a bigger town, say the size of Monroe, things like this would still happen but wouldn't be near as common. Big fish in a small pond run everything. If those "big fish" were in a bigger city, they would be big fish in a big pond and wouldn't have the power to govern every decision, pay off the only newspaper we have, and they wouldn't have the power to have every town official that is elected sitting in their back pockets.
I can't wait to get out of this sick, corrupt piece of shit town. This place is evil, plain and simple. El Dorado is cursed. Just watch you fools, El Dorado will continue to decline. I know now why over 12 % of out population fled this hell hole in the past decade. Those people knew this place is shit and a lot more are going to GTFO in the next ten. All because of the corruption. Corruption destroys a town.
No, what sucks about this town is having to deal with depressed people like you. Everytime a miserable person decides to go live a miserable life somewhere else, the sun shines a little brighter in El Dorado. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!
Joel

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Her actions reflect on her not our town or its people!
JTB

Maumelle, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Her actions are just one of many rancid fruits produced by a prominent church in recent years. When discipleship through intense study of God's word is tertiary to "church growth" and lame worldly motivational speaking, every once in a while, the ole tree produces a MURDERESS.
But before you think I'm singling out one congregation, and that by default, yours is superior, THINK AGAIN. Check the barrel of apples you're in. Look for rot. If it hasn't reached you or your family yet, get out of the barrel. If it has reached you, get out, get clean, get a new barrel.
PEACE. OUT.
agreed

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

bye wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what sucks about this town is having to deal with depressed people like you. Everytime a miserable person decides to go live a miserable life somewhere else, the sun shines a little brighter in El Dorado. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!
El Dorado is corrupt. I think that person's attitude sucks but the point still stands. We live in a corrupt town where the officials cater to the wealthiest families. End of story.
ooooh noooooo

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

bye wrote:
<quoted text>
If everyone who had open eyes to the negative aspects of this town, another 12.5 % of the population would leave. Probably more. That is the LAST thing this town needs. Losing more people would cripple us completely. I think if people showed more awareness and a willingness to address the town's problems, we wouldn't have so many people wanting to leave it. People don't leave this town "just because". They leave it for more opportunity and a better quality of life. If that makes me miserable then I guess miserable means that I'm not clueless or in denial. I like it here and never plan on living. I want to raise kids here and have a family. I'm happy, but not blind. I do understand why it is that so many people dislike it here and choose to leave, but I keep hope that things can change for the town I love.
ooooh noooooo

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

*Never plan on leaving...
get ur facts str8

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

agreed wrote:
<quoted text> El Dorado is corrupt. I think that person's attitude sucks but the point still stands. We live in a corrupt town where the officials cater to the wealthiest families. End of story.
What is corrupt about El Dorado? You can't buy Murphy gas for 10 cents cheaper??? BooFuckingWho! We do not live in a corrupt town that caters to wealthy people. Hell, the town tore down the 4H Building, to the dismay of the Masons, and voters kicked Vertis and her lap dog Matty off of City Council. That is the REAL END of Story.
get ur facts str8

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

ooooh noooooo wrote:
<quoted text> If everyone who had open eyes to the negative aspects of this town, another 12.5 % of the population would leave. Probably more. That is the LAST thing this town needs. Losing more people would cripple us completely. I think if people showed more awareness and a willingness to address the town's problems, we wouldn't have so many people wanting to leave it. People don't leave this town "just because". They leave it for more opportunity and a better quality of life. If that makes me miserable then I guess miserable means that I'm not clueless or in denial. I like it here and never plan on living. I want to raise kids here and have a family. I'm happy, but not blind. I do understand why it is that so many people dislike it here and choose to leave, but I keep hope that things can change for the town I love.
Apparently, you still have your head stuck up the ass of the 2010 Census Bureau. It's 2013! Growth indicators can be found. Check with the Chamber. The local employment pool, including employed and unemployed, has grown. This is just one indication that the town has recently grown.
Joel

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Growth? Let''s see the next census estimate. Just because there has been some hiring does not mean the population is growing, just employing people who have been unemployed.

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Call the water company and as what the meter count is as compared to 2010. It is lower. That fewer families in town because they certainly haven't built an large apartment complexes with everyone on the same meter.
Ebonics Math

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

EldoMasterBlaster wrote:
Call the water company and as what the meter count is as compared to 2010. It is lower. That fewer families in town because they certainly haven't built an large apartment complexes with everyone on the same meter.
Your math works only if you assume every house/meter serves the same number of people.
If the population grows with people shacking up 10 to a house, instead of 4 to a house, the population can grow with fewer houses.
wellsie

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

get ur facts str8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you still have your head stuck up the ass of the 2010 Census Bureau. It's 2013! Growth indicators can be found. Check with the Chamber. The local employment pool, including employed and unemployed, has grown. This is just one indication that the town has recently grown.
The census was only two and a half years ago. And your comment about "The local employment pool, including employed and UNEMPLOYED, has grown" being an indicator that the town has grown? Wtf are you smoking? How are higher rates of the unemployed an indicator that our town is better off, much less growing? Never in my life have I ever seen a single sentence that contradicts itself so much. Go ahead and try to explain that one away, you poor fool. I'm sure you will just make yourself look more like an ignoramus than you already have. You, "actually", will spit out just about anything to make a point, even if it makes no sense at all. You defend every negative aspect of El Dorado by saying none of it exists at all. That is DELUSIONAL, and also why all of your opinions are ignorant and have no basis in fact whatsoever. You can never support your claims, and you always just throw some kind of bs out in the air and hope it sticks. Well, guess what? It doesn't. You look like an idiot every time.

And don't even give me that "oh you're just miserable all the time and need to leave town" crap. I love my town and I'm not going anywhere. But I'm also not bat shit blind to what is really going on in this town, why is has gone downhill so much in the past decade, what has caused that decline, and the fact that the same things that caused the decline in the first place are still happening.
ManOMan

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Joel wrote:
How does one get to the point of being so desperate that they try to have someone murdered? Needless to say, custody of her child is off the table. We need to pray for her and Richard and Vertis.
F#@K her and Richard and Vertis
actually

Newbern, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Joel wrote:
Growth? Let''s see the next census estimate. Just because there has been some hiring does not mean the population is growing, just employing people who have been unemployed.
It'll be 7 years from now. And, yes, anyone that is educated about population indicators know that an increasing workforce number actually is used to determine an estimated population count. And, due to your logic, is employing the unemployed a bad thing? Do you realize the unemployment number that actually determines how many current residents that are unemployed are being hired based on the percentage count?

I'm referring to the overall labor market number is INCREASING... this number ALWAYS INCLUDES the previous number of unemployed residents. Get your head out if yourass and learn to comprehend what you are reading.
actually

Newbern, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

wellsie wrote:
<quoted text> The census was only two and a half years ago. And your comment about "The local employment pool, including employed and UNEMPLOYED, has grown" being an indicator that the town has grown? Wtf are you smoking? How are higher rates of the unemployed an indicator that our town is better off, much less growing? Never in my life have I ever seen a single sentence that contradicts itself so much. Go ahead and try to explain that one away, you poor fool. I'm sure you will just make yourself look more like an ignoramus than you already have. You, "actually", will spit out just about anything to make a point, even if it makes no sense at all. You defend every negative aspect of El Dorado by saying none of it exists at all. That is DELUSIONAL, and also why all of your opinions are ignorant and have no basis in fact whatsoever. You can never support your claims, and you always just throw some kind of bs out in the air and hope it sticks. Well, guess what? It doesn't. You look like an idiot every time.
And don't even give me that "oh you're just miserable all the time and need to leave town" crap. I love my town and I'm not going anywhere. But I'm also not bat shit blind to what is really going on in this town, why is has gone downhill so much in the past decade, what has caused that decline, and the fact that the same things that caused the decline in the first place are still happening.
The census was taken in 2008-09, dumbass. That was 4+ years ago. And it was never indicated in his post that "higher rates on unemployment means our town is better off." Again, dumbass, try to comprehend this: in 2010, the labor market of Union County (INCLUDING BOTH employed AND unemployed people) was 16,500. In 2012, it was over 19,000. That means we either had a shitload if high school graduates all enter the local workforce or people are moving here! Call the local Chamber. Apparently, you need an education in municipal and market indicators. Get your facts str8 is accurate with what was posted.
No Dawg

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

actually wrote:
<quoted text>
The census was taken in 2008-09, dumbass. That was 4+ years ago. And it was never indicated in his post that "higher rates on unemployment means our town is better off." Again, dumbass, try to comprehend this: in 2010, the labor market of Union County (INCLUDING BOTH employed AND unemployed people) was 16,500. In 2012, it was over 19,000. That means we either had a shitload if high school graduates all enter the local workforce or people are moving here! Call the local Chamber. Apparently, you need an education in municipal and market indicators. Get your facts str8 is accurate with what was posted.
I don't have a dog in this fight but just so you people know, the census was actually conducted well into 2010. I know this because when I lived in Little Rock one of their officials showed up at my door to ask a few quick questions like if I owned the home I was living in and how many people were in my household. It was because I never filled out the census form. I'm sure a lot of other people had a census person come to their doors as well.

Can you people ever have a decent debate without name calling? People who name call always seem like they have nothing intelligent to say so they resort to calling others stupid, dumbass or the like. Its hard to take anyone seriously who does that. Just FYI.
actually

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

No Dawg wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have a dog in this fight but just so you people know, the census was actually conducted well into 2010. I know this because when I lived in Little Rock one of their officials showed up at my door to ask a few quick questions like if I owned the home I was living in and how many people were in my household. It was because I never filled out the census form. I'm sure a lot of other people had a census person come to their doors as well.
Can you people ever have a decent debate without name calling? People who name call always seem like they have nothing intelligent to say so they resort to calling others stupid, dumbass or the like. Its hard to take anyone seriously who does that. Just FYI.
No, "Dawg." The census was conducted the years leading up to 2010 and is posted in 2010. Do you remember getting mail from the US Census Bureau? It begins coming to you 2 years in advance and is completed the year before. I have a family member that actually works for the US Census Bureau AND I also had someone show up at my house in 2009 to conduct a survey. I know this is fact because I got married in the fall of 2009, but my home was listed as single dwelling. I'm sure you also completed the same survey... in 2009. And I can resort to not name-calling, but I call a spade a spade. If a dumbass is talking out their a$$, it should be duly noted to them. This is Topix, not a professional debate. You have to know who you're working with. FYI.
juror

Newbern, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

What's the update?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
El Dorado Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE