Trees Cut Down Downtown?

Trees Cut Down Downtown?

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

Truthly

El Dorado, AR

#1 Aug 29, 2013
As pretty as downtown was, someone, and I wish I knew who, authorized the cutting down of our beautiful trees around the square. The brick sidewalk is okay, but it is stupid to remove the trees. Again went back to naked streets and sidewalks. It was ugly when I first moved here many years ago, and I hate to see it go back. Let's chuck out the idiots who made these decisions!
well

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 29, 2013
The root were destroying the sidewalks. I believe new trees will be placed in containers of some sort when all is done.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3 Aug 29, 2013
Surely it was OK'd by the Tree Board. Hash phoned in on used to be Wimberley program this week and explained new trees are coming to the tree boxes designed to cause the roots to grow downward to protect the building foundations and sidewalks this fall. August is not good tree transplanting weather. Survival would be iffy.
Grigori

El Dorado, AR

#4 Aug 29, 2013
I am also "well" and "Truthly" and I will also sukieUdikie. IMAFAG. I'm the TopixWelfareFag. hehehehehehehee
Rumors_Hurt_Ever yone

Woodbury, CT

#5 Aug 29, 2013
Truthly, either your retared or you can't read a newspaper. The tress were tearing up the sidewalks with the root system making the sidewalks a liability to the city plus and eyesore to downtown. The trees WIL BE REPLANTED with native to Arkansas tress that don't have a root system that grows out and tears up the sidewalks. The Bradford pear trees are pretty but they stink when blooming and are ugly in the winter!!
Downtowner

El Dorado, AR

#6 Aug 29, 2013
The wrong trees were planted in the wrong location. Also one should not plant trees above or below utility lines. 60 foot tall trees should not be planted only 6 feet from buildings is also been a problem. These trees block out the street lamps which leave the sidewalks dark---not good for safety and security.
For what its worth

El Dorado, AR

#7 Aug 29, 2013
Shouldn't they have had the foresight to plant the "correct", native trees to begin with?? Lol, thats right, these ppl running around blowing all this money dont have any foresight. Ex: Greenspace beside old city hall, tons of money, and nothing has ever been green, its a crumbling mess. Ex: Crosswalk at College, gee who thought it was smart to plant trees in a high traffic area with pedestrians crossing?? Dumbasses. Wouldve stayed that way too if an Entergy truck hadnt hit one of em. I could go on and on. Vote Hash Out. And Get that idiot Mark Smith off the damn water board while your at it!!
to dumbass

Memphis, TN

#8 Aug 29, 2013
Truthly wrote:
As pretty as downtown was, someone, and I wish I knew who, authorized the cutting down of our beautiful trees around the square. The brick sidewalk is okay, but it is stupid to remove the trees. Again went back to naked streets and sidewalks. It was ugly when I first moved here many years ago, and I hate to see it go back. Let's chuck out the idiots who made these decisions!
Get your head out of yourass. It's been known for a while now that they're planting more trees in the fall.
wonderman

El Dorado, AR

#9 Aug 29, 2013
Anyone remember when those little trees were in the median of the road in front of the SAAC and they had to be taken down b/c people kept running over them? Ha!
wonderman

El Dorado, AR

#10 Aug 29, 2013
People try to run over us homo's to.
Marty

El Dorado, AR

#11 Aug 30, 2013
Downtowner wrote:
The wrong trees were planted in the wrong location. Also one should not plant trees above or below utility lines. 60 foot tall trees should not be planted only 6 feet from buildings is also been a problem. These trees block out the street lamps which leave the sidewalks dark---not good for safety and security.
You are 100%. Also, some of these trees attract birds that leave their waste on cars sidewalks etc- nasty. The trees were planted and neglected. I hope all the oversized, lopsided trees are removed and replaced with small trees or shrubs, or planters. You certainly should not plant 60 foot tall trees 6 feet from structures. Also a lot of these trees wre planted near intersections and create vision hazard- some block out the stop signs with branches- Mayor/Council are you reading and strategizing??

Since: Aug 13

El Dorado, AR

#13 Aug 30, 2013
Thanks for the input on the trees. Why brick sidewalks, and why a "tree board"? Shouldn't those who own the buildings make their own choices, or is this again, another "you must" situation?
HOEDOG

United States

#14 Aug 31, 2013
GOOD!! LONG TIME overdue!!
happy

El Dorado, AR

#15 Aug 31, 2013
Truthly wrote:
Thanks for the input on the trees. Why brick sidewalks, and why a "tree board"? Shouldn't those who own the buildings make their own choices, or is this again, another "you must" situation?
It's a gay thing.
marge

El Dorado, AR

#16 Aug 31, 2013
Marty wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100%. Also, some of these trees attract birds that leave their waste on cars sidewalks etc- nasty. The trees were planted and neglected. I hope all the oversized, lopsided trees are removed and replaced with small trees or shrubs, or planters. You certainly should not plant 60 foot tall trees 6 feet from structures. Also a lot of these trees wre planted near intersections and create vision hazard- some block out the stop signs with branches- Mayor/Council are you reading and strategizing??
Please don't listen to the Mason's any more because they were involved in much of this- look at all the crepe myrtle mess they created by planting and then ignoring and not maintaining.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17 Aug 31, 2013
Truthly wrote:
Thanks for the input on the trees. Why brick sidewalks, and why a "tree board"? Shouldn't those who own the buildings make their own choices, or is this again, another "you must" situation?
Agenda 21
Ally

El Dorado, AR

#18 Sep 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't listen to the Mason's any more because they were involved in much of this- look at all the crepe myrtle mess they created by planting and then ignoring and not maintaining.
You are CORRECT!
well

Chicago, IL

#19 Sep 1, 2013
One of the things you have to do when you vote in a 'civic improvement' is also to allocate money for maintaining it.
LAUGHING

United States

#20 Sep 1, 2013
well wrote:
One of the things you have to do when you vote in a 'civic improvement' is also to allocate money for maintaining it.
Can't allocate funds, that money had to be allocated for the big salary of the man over the tree board
LAUGHING

United States

#21 Sep 1, 2013
Threatened the church with a lawsuit when building that sidewalk and a tree had to be moved big roots in the way!! Thats their property they pay taxes on and didn't want members of their church tripping and getting hurt !! Mason really had his nerve!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr --Bad Dad-- 39,359
Jeff Teague 6 hr Goodness 6
MAD district. 10 hr El Do 5 O 15
Paige moody 17 hr really 4
Hobby Lobby 19 hr Colester 10
Creepy Safeway murders 22 hr unbelievable 37
Pooting women Tue legend 10

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages