Relieved

United States

#1 Aug 23, 2013
We are finally getting a Murphy USA!
No more having to get gas from the gas mafia.

Since: Jun 10

My House

#2 Aug 23, 2013
Thanks for the laugh! Sorry though, you are delusional!

Murphy didn't go into business to be able to one day come into El Dorado and sell you cheap gas. They went into business to make a PROFIT.

Sure, you might see them open up for a few weeks at low prices... But they will quickly settle in and keep the same price as everyone else. After all, if you are used to paying for it at one price, why drop the price?
John

El Dorado, AR

#3 Aug 23, 2013
CleanThisShitUp wrote:
Thanks for the laugh! Sorry though, you are delusional!
Murphy didn't go into business to be able to one day come into El Dorado and sell you cheap gas. They went into business to make a PROFIT.
Sure, you might see them open up for a few weeks at low prices... But they will quickly settle in and keep the same price as everyone else. After all, if you are used to paying for it at one price, why drop the price?
Sorry, you're the delusional one. If Murphy opens up with low prices, the other stations will have to lower their prices just to keep any business at all. Then the "same price as everyone else" that you refer to will be much lower than before they opened. Sheesh...simple economics.

Since: Jan 13

San Antonio, TX

#4 Aug 24, 2013
Murphy will still make a profit and hit the local gas cartel where it hurts. They've been operating on a greater profit margin due to being in cahoots with each other and all agreeing to go up and down together. Why do you think gas is higher here by as much as thirty cents a gallon than other cities around Arkansas?
Resident

United States

#5 Aug 24, 2013
They are SO BIG until they can't be threatened like the little man has been for too damn long! They won't allow the other guys to load gas at the refinery if they price below the other guys fuel prices! POLITICS here in this corrupt little shit hole!!!! Theres NO telling what kind of other road blocks the city is going to throw up to delay timely completion of the construction on this project! These guys are big enough and Murphy does too much for the city for them to show their ass on this one! They are going to put the hurt on the mafia and break up the price gouging of local residents with no industry people need that extra money to help make ends meet if you say 5 ,10,20,30 cents per gallon multiply it by the number of gallons and the number of people fueling over a period of time it is astronomical how much it calculates up to be that these thieves has stolen from poor people in a high unemployment area its time someone put a STOP to it! a penny a day dont sound like much but if you double it every day for thirty days its astronomical what it adds up to be! These thieves has had a lavish lifestyle too long stealing I HOPE THEY PUT THE HURT ON THEM! City officals cant afford to start no shit with these guys Murphy can put the hurt on them if they do!! It would be funny if city officals tried and murphy moved its headquarters elsewhere and shut this entire operation down imagine that LMAO IM so glad they are moving in LONG TIME OVERDUE!!
well

Chicago, IL

#6 Aug 24, 2013
Wait and see what happens. It's possible Murphy USA could throw in with the local cartel.
Jackson Curtis

Memphis, TN

#7 Aug 24, 2013
well wrote:
Wait and see what happens. It's possible Murphy USA could throw in with the local cartel.
They average abount 10 cents cheaper than other providers in neighboring towns. Thus causes the average of all local gas prices to go down. Expect the same here.

The more you know*

My House

#8 Aug 24, 2013
Just come back on here 60 days after they open... and we'll see if they are causing the others to drop their price, or if they are matching it.

My House

#9 Aug 24, 2013
Jackson Curtis wrote:
<quoted text>
They average abount 10 cents cheaper than other providers in neighboring towns. Thus causes the average of all local gas prices to go down. Expect the same here.
The more you know*

That is more Wal-mart regulated. And there are certain stipulations to that. Usually that discount is used in conjunction with a Wal-mart credit card of gift card.

The other question on this gas station will be, whether it will be a wal-mart partnership or independently Murphy owned. If independent kiss that discount goodbye.
norma

El Dorado, AR

#10 Aug 24, 2013
We need a federal investigation over price fixing. It is years overdue. FEDERAL INVESTIGATION OVER PRICE FIXING
Redneck

United States

#11 Aug 24, 2013
CleanThisShitUp wrote:
Just come back on here 60 days after they open... and we'll see if they are causing the others to drop their price, or if they are matching it.
How will you know if they all have the same prices by then?
well

Chicago, IL

#12 Aug 24, 2013
The local prices will be closer to those in other towns than they are now.
Jackson Curtis

Memphis, TN

#13 Aug 24, 2013
CleanThisShitUp wrote:
<quoted text>
That is more Wal-mart regulated. And there are certain stipulations to that. Usually that discount is used in conjunction with a Wal-mart credit card of gift card.
The other question on this gas station will be, whether it will be a wal-mart partnership or independently Murphy owned. If independent kiss that discount goodbye.
So, you just contradicted your previous post. You don't even have to shop to get it: it's posted on the freaking sign in every neighboring town! No stipulations. Awesome job, dumbass.

The more you know*
Really

Tullos, LA

#14 Aug 24, 2013
CleanThisShitUp wrote:
<quoted text>
All USA's are independently owned...but they are in partnership with WalMart only for the discount with WM cards. Always amazes me the people that seem to make posts on here know the least about what they are talking about. There is a Murphy USA website anyone can go to that is very informative.
Jackson Curtis

Memphis, TN

#15 Aug 24, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>All USA's are independently owned...but they are in partnership with WalMart only for the discount with WM cards. Always amazes me the people that seem to make posts on here know the least about what they are talking about. There is a Murphy USA website anyone can go to that is very informative.
Finally some common sense found on here! Thank you for correcting that misinformed dumbass.
Relieved

United States

#16 Aug 24, 2013
The grand opening is in movember
Relieved

United States

#17 Aug 24, 2013
Because macs tree service is so quick to get the old store tore down the contractor will be able to start construction sooner.
Resident

United States

#18 Aug 25, 2013
AT LEAST they are a open book with prices on their website!! The mafia around here gets behind closed doors and fix gas prices! Long overdue for a investigation of their actions!

Since: Jan 13

El Dorado, AR

#19 Aug 25, 2013
Resident wrote:
AT LEAST they are a open book with prices on their website!! The mafia around here gets behind closed doors and fix gas prices! Long overdue for a investigation of their actions!
I think it's been tried and unfortunately nothing found. They're smart enough to keep their tracks well covered but have made themselves wealthy at our expense. If Murphy USA makes them get right (and I hope it does) I'm afraid it's too late and they've made enough for generations to come.
norma

El Dorado, AR

#20 Aug 25, 2013
Need a federal investigation. Look at the prices of gas in places that are a hundred miles from a refinery. Unbelievable that we have been gouged like this for so long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kasey the bad as* 3 hr Dtf 9
Sponner 8 hr Dtf 1
Kasey doss Murphy 8 hr Dtf 9
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 15 hr Yankee 38,736
Need money now 21 hr Camden Kid Toucher 3
Dairy Queen stories? Tue Kenny 14
News 2 high schools in state to offer pilot program ... Mon Camden Kid Toucher 2

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages