Next Last
Riblets biotch

El Dorado, AR

#1 Aug 20, 2012
Atwoods is coming
-----

United States

#2 Aug 20, 2012
I TOLD YOU POS's THAT SUPPORT EPPINETTES !!!!!!
nowhere

El Dorado, AR

#3 Aug 20, 2012
This will be soooo great not to deal with the uppity ups at Eppinettes. At least things will be priced by a corporation not by a someone who's pricing depends on who they are mad at this week
i dunno

El Dorado, AR

#4 Aug 20, 2012
i like the eppinettes, but i can't ever get anyone to wait on me..... or when i finally find what i want the people checking act like it kills them to ring up my purchase..... i hope atwoods will be better
WTF

El Dorado, AR

#5 Aug 20, 2012
I've never had a bad experience at Eppinettes,they're always helpful and the pricing is comparable to anywhere else.
chubby lake man

El Dorado, AR

#6 Aug 20, 2012
I think Eppinettes is more of a Social club than a store - they only want to help you as a last resort
yep

United States

#7 Aug 20, 2012
WTF wrote:
I've never had a bad experience at Eppinettes,they're always helpful and the pricing is comparable to anywhere else.
I agree.
horseman

North Little Rock, AR

#8 Aug 20, 2012
yep wrote:
<quoted text>I agree.
i've done business with the Eppinnettes for years and it was much better service when they, personally, took care of the customers. Somewhere along the line, they got away from what made them a good business. I always get the feeling that nobody gives a shit at the new store. It is either their way or no way. I hate it too because they are really good people who provide a much needed service to the community. With Atwoods coming in, If i was Eppinettes, I would really cater to their customer base with more personal and courteous service. There will still be many who shop at Eppinnettes, but the hay-days are going to be over. Now they will have to earn a great deal of their business.
common sense

El Dorado, AR

#9 Aug 20, 2012
horseman wrote:
<quoted text>
i've done business with the Eppinnettes for years and it was much better service when they, personally, took care of the customers. Somewhere along the line, they got away from what made them a good business. I always get the feeling that nobody gives a shit at the new store. It is either their way or no way. I hate it too because they are really good people who provide a much needed service to the community. With Atwoods coming in, If i was Eppinettes, I would really cater to their customer base with more personal and courteous service. There will still be many who shop at Eppinnettes, but the hay-days are going to be over. Now they will have to earn a great deal of their business.
yes but when the Eppinettes were personally taking care of you they were much smaller back then in those days, now days they do 10 times more business than they did when they were a smaller store, they have to spend most of there time ordering and restocking the store, it takes a lot more of there time than it once did, now days they have had to delegate more of the customer service duties to low wage hired help, the Eppinttes are good hard working folks , they just dont have the time to spend with every customer like they use to, I will continue to support them even after atwoods comes to town, it will be like davis and goliath but I think they will be fine.
Hmm

United States

#10 Aug 20, 2012
Attwoods is coming, it was on chanel 10 news. In the old K-Mart building.
g- money

Euless, TX

#12 Aug 20, 2012
Channel.... Not Chanel. Js
luanne

El Dorado, AR

#13 Aug 20, 2012
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
yes but when the Eppinettes were personally taking care of you they were much smaller back then in those days, now days they do 10 times more business than they did when they were a smaller store, they have to spend most of there time ordering and restocking the store, it takes a lot more of there time than it once did, now days they have had to delegate more of the customer service duties to low wage hired help, the Eppinttes are good hard working folks , they just dont have the time to spend with every customer like they use to, I will continue to support them even after atwoods comes to town, it will be like davis and goliath but I think they will be fine.
maybe they will be alright, but they need to put the smart aleck daughter in law in the back room. She is always a smart azz, I am very pleased that atwoods is coming to town.
smart shopper

El Dorado, AR

#14 Aug 20, 2012
luanne wrote:
<quoted text> maybe they will be alright, but they need to put the smart aleck daughter in law in the back room. She is always a smart azz, I am very pleased that atwoods is coming to town.
Just don't buy your dogfood or livestock feed at Atwoods, Eppinettes will beat them hands down on all of that stuff, it is enough of a savings to even put up with the smart ass daughter in law.
-----

United States

#15 Aug 20, 2012
Wish someone would dig up the old eppinettes posting from awhile back when the trolls were all saying " atwoods will never come to el dorado "

I freaking told you so !!!!!!!!!
loyall customer

El Dorado, AR

#16 Aug 20, 2012
----- wrote:
Wish someone would dig up the old eppinettes posting from awhile back when the trolls were all saying " atwoods will never come to el dorado "
I freaking told you so !!!!!!!!!
Atwoods will probably be shocked to find some real competition when they come to Eldorado, Eppinettes is no joke, they will give Atwoods all they want and then some, camden, magnolia, crossett, arkadelphia and Hope never seen a store like Eppinettes, they are not your average feed and farm store, sure there is a couple jealous fools that will continue to change names and ip locations and make one negative comment after another like they always do about these topics, but the facts are 95 % off this town like the Eppinettes, they admire the fact that these people started small with a dream and built a thriving business from nothing, it is the same dream we have all dreamed , the diffrence is they got off there ass and made it happen, while a few jealous loosers that never had the backbone to accomplish what they have will be over joyed with the thought off the big bad wolf (atwoods]coming to town and blowing them away, all i can say is shame on you AND DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH !
Hank Jr Jr

Euless, TX

#17 Aug 20, 2012
I like Atwoods. Been going to them since I was a kid in Oklahoma. Not crazy about the location at all. Bad choice. Hope it's not too late. They need to look at the old Country Market? Or whatever that place was called building across from Burger King. Much better Location.
big man

United States

#18 Aug 21, 2012
It was a County Market there years ago
nowhere

El Dorado, AR

#19 Aug 21, 2012
smart shopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't buy your dogfood or livestock feed at Atwoods, Eppinettes will beat them hands down on all of that stuff, it is enough of a savings to even put up with the smart ass daughter in law.
You obviously do not have horses. When Atwoods has a sale. Same item at Eppinnette's $16.99 Atwood's $7.99. That is no savings and have to put up with a smart ass.
your a joke

El Dorado, AR

#20 Aug 21, 2012
nowhere wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously do not have horses. When Atwoods has a sale. Same item at Eppinnette's $16.99 Atwood's $7.99. That is no savings and have to put up with a smart ass.
THATS PURE BULLSHIT !!! YOUR A JOKE.
someguy

United States

#21 Aug 21, 2012
Eppinnette's, Henley's, Country Village and more, they better start planning their Going Out of Business sale right now and starting up a new plan, because there is no way to compete. Retail giants like Atwoods don't share customers with locally owned businesses. That would be a horrible practice and Atwoods didn't become that big making dumb moves. Atwoods is going to come in and immediately undercut every item the local places have until all but the owners' friends have started shopping at Atwoods. Then when the locally owned businesses are closed, Atwoods will raise their prices because they have no competition and have the market cornered in a way that a new business won't pop up. Walmart did this across the nation. It's no secret. It's going to happen. The local guys are already sunk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 2 hr A Conservationist 10,008
Winter Ann 2 hr Summer 4
Karma 2 hr Alma 3
Film Festival 2 hr roboblogger2 1
Charlie Brown 3 hr Uncle dirty balls 10
long branch contest is rigged!!!! 5 hr Unlcle dirtyBaller 28
Word is Crabapple point is Closed (Jan '14) 5 hr hahaha 72
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
•••