More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

There are 10176 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 2, 2011, titled More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#10475 Feb 9, 2014
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Splitting wood is a thing of the past for me. I just flip the switch and the fireplace comes on instantly and stays on all day! It's SO NICE and toasty warm!
No trudging through the snow and ice for armfuls of wood.
No more insects coming to life in the house.
No more scary sparks shooting out onto the carpet.
You should switch to gas, Churm.
Ive found lots of times know it all ]folks are fond of always telling others what they ought to do. I like cutting firewood. I enjoy taking my chainsaw and killing trees. I have one of those outside wood furnaces. It takes big firewood so It dont need splitting. Never any ashes or sparks in the house from it. If I bought gas It would cost money and the parasites would benefit from the sales tax.
Local Ark

Bentonville, AR

#10476 Feb 10, 2014
The birds were roosting and an artillery shell from new years fireworks exploded and the birds collided with each other by the hundreds. Almost all the birds that were examined showed blunt force trauma. For this to still be posted is unfortunate, I guess human nature is to embellish the unknown or create alternate assumptions to explain what may appear to be supernatural. I was in town that night with family. Anyone living there will tell you the same story. Also earthquakes in guy, its from the beyond normal well fracing on a fault-line. Check the gov quake map for the area, it will show that during the gov mandated cease fracing , the quacks all but stopped. Do your own research false assumptions is what help creates thr opinion that Arkansans are dumb, which isnt the case.

Euless, TX

#10477 Feb 11, 2014
Lol

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#10478 Feb 12, 2014
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Ive found lots of times know it all ]folks are fond of always telling others what they ought to do. I like cutting firewood. I enjoy taking my chainsaw and killing trees. I have one of those outside wood furnaces. It takes big firewood so It dont need splitting. Never any ashes or sparks in the house from it. If I bought gas It would cost money and the parasites would benefit from the sales tax.
Looking out for your best interest, Churm.:)
Of course you enjoy cutting wood. I always enjoyed it too. It's a nice way to spend a relaxing summer afternoon outside. Seriously, I really do enjoy it.

What I don't enjoy is having to run outside at 2:00 in the morning in the dead of winter when the power goes out for days at a time.(Rarely, but it happens)
It also sucks if you're sick and have to run out for wood every few hours.

Even worse, is when the day comes that you're too old to do that crap.

I love my gas fireplace!

SE Michigan

#10479 Feb 12, 2014
Local Ark wrote:
The birds were roosting and an artillery shell from new years fireworks exploded and the birds collided with each other by the hundreds. Almost all the birds that were examined showed blunt force trauma. For this to still be posted is unfortunate, I guess human nature is to embellish the unknown or create alternate assumptions to explain what may appear to be supernatural. I was in town that night with family. Anyone living there will tell you the same story. Also earthquakes in guy, its from the beyond normal well fracing on a fault-line. Check the gov quake map for the area, it will show that during the gov mandated cease fracing , the quacks all but stopped. Do your own research false assumptions is what help creates thr opinion that Arkansans are dumb, which isnt the case.
Okay, fireworks caused the earthquake that released the gases that killed the birds. Settled!

SE Michigan

#10480 Feb 12, 2014
Wow! Just 18 more days until we start seeing the first arriving blackbirds up here!
Interest

Englewood, CO

#10481 Feb 12, 2014
Very Interesting Reading Material.
churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#10482 Feb 14, 2014
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking out for your best interest, Churm.:)
Of course you enjoy cutting wood. I always enjoyed it too. It's a nice way to spend a relaxing summer afternoon outside. Seriously, I really do enjoy it.
What I don't enjoy is having to run outside at 2:00 in the morning in the dead of winter when the power goes out for days at a time.(Rarely, but it happens)
It also sucks if you're sick and have to run out for wood every few hours.
Even worse, is when the day comes that you're too old to do that crap.
I love my gas fireplace!
The prices of natural gas and LP gas around here have skyrocketed. LP isn't even available in some places. I love my wood stove. And My bank account likes it too.
birdy

Jonesboro, AR

#10483 Feb 14, 2014
Lots of Birds
down south hilbilly

Little Rock, AR

#10484 Feb 19, 2014
hell i dont give a f*ck why the fishes are popping out the water or why the birds are falling out the sky, alls i gives a f*ck about is my wallet and me and my family been saving a ton cause all we have to grocery shop for is cool aid and bread, seasoned right this sh!ts some good eating
DalRod

Salem, AR

#10485 Feb 20, 2014
I don`t like to fish or hunt,, I am fittin ta ate me some free be birds and demdar fishies!
dose anyones want to give me some coin free be?

United States

#10486 Mar 9, 2014
Yes

Alexander, AR

#10487 Mar 11, 2014
No
scooter

Oklahoma City, OK

#10489 Mar 17, 2014
Just saw a dead catfish look like it fell out of tha sky

Mountain Home, AR

#10490 Mar 19, 2014
True
stormy

United States

#10491 Mar 19, 2014
I've seen frozen geese fall out of the sky about ten years ago at Uno Arkansas
Al

Oklahoma City, OK

#10492 Mar 19, 2014
I got my thumb caught in a banjo one time.
yeah

Cherokee Village, AR

#10494 Mar 23, 2014
I remember hearing about this did they ever figure out what caused it?
hater

Oklahoma City, OK

#10495 Mar 23, 2014
Yeah I got a bent finger and it get hung in my nose to.
ghj

Tampa, FL

#10496 Mar 23, 2014
Dave Miller wrote:
You guys need to have them birds tested and don't leave it all to the government .
ye

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware /keith winer - 57 min backthen 77
Prettiest girls in Union County. 1 hr savingprivateryan 27
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Pondering 30,895
DHS informants 4 hr intheknow 9
Raymond Dumas 5 hr funny man 34
ball sacks on trailer hitch?!?! (Jul '10) 6 hr Real 30
Which construction crew? 6 hr Think 8
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE