More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,171

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Read more
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10087 Oct 23, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I was driving a big ole semi with a high horsepower catapillar engine and a 13 speed trans. The owner was talking about how fast it would run. Claimed it would do 115mph. so the next time out I decided to see just how fast it would run. There was a long downhill stretch of road straight about 6 miles. So I hammered It down. The next time the boss was telling the tale I spoke up. Told him loaded to 80,000 going downhill flat on the floor in 13th gear when ya get to 80MPH the compueter shuts it down and turn,s on the Jake brakes. Maybe if ya rolled it off of techapie (the Grapevine) and put it out in Georgia overdrive ya might go faster. Anyway everything I have is older my main tractor is a 1944. My PK is a 72. I sold all the newer vehicles & equipt. I drove that 55 when I was in high school. My mother stated I was the kind of kid she didn't want her children playing with. All the local cops and I where well aquainted. I worked at a auto salvage yard. Drove a different car every week. By the time I was twenty I had driven titled and owned over a 100 vehicles. Once I owned over 300 cars & trucks all at the same time. That was back when everything was wide open and you could make money. I carried a 100 one hundred dollar bills in my pocket. We never had a penny of auto insurance until I was 35 years old. That when the state passed a mandatory insurance requirement. Kids nowadays will never have the opportunities we enjoyed.
Yes, and we will miss out on all the opportunities the kids have nowadays. Technology is advancing so rapidly I can only imagine how this planet will be 100 years from now. That is if the liberals don't destroy everything first..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10088 Oct 23, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the difference between you and I. You choose a side and stick with it.
I choose a set of values and aligned myself with those that are closest to them. If some of those individuals go astray, I don't follow them!
We only have a two party system in your mind because that's what you've been told....and you OBEY.....
A couple dozen Paul supporters?? Really?? You have NO clue the number of supporters he had. The media would not let you know. That is a proven fact. But like you said, libs don't look at facts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NYdpWB4Em1kXX
It was NOT one or two millionaires making THIS happen!:
http://nyletterpress.wordpress.com/2007/11/05...
Yes you had SO MANY supporters that he won right? He came in second right? LMAO! You're not in Kansas anymore Toto but at least you have the FREEDOM to throw away your vote if you want, that is until some lib comes around and takes it away from you eventually..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10089 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Fine, but the law sides with me (most of the time). Natives (blackbirds) cannot be killed legally (without a special permit). Swans are also protected, but not because they're natives, But because bleeding hearts demanded it because of their beauty. Most of those people know nothing about healthy ecosystems.
LMAO! You libs ALWAYS choose what is right and wrong and right is always what YOU say it is. I could say that you don't know what a healthy ecosystem is in New Mexico when it comes to coyotes and deer also. I would rather see swans here than grackles.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10090 Oct 23, 2013
This is Wonderful! People defending FREEDOM!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =u4Ku17CqdZgXX
That is good stuff. Too bad all of those people complied in the end.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#10091 Oct 23, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and we will miss out on all the opportunities the kids have nowadays. Technology is advancing so rapidly I can only imagine how this planet will be 100 years from now. That is if the liberals don't destroy everything first..
"Yes, and we will miss out on all the opportunities the kids have nowadays."
Which aren't many. I won't miss being told I can't drink soda or eat trans fats. But hey, at least they'll learn at a young age what a strip search at an airport is like.

SE Michigan

#10092 Oct 23, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you had SO MANY supporters that he won right? He came in second right? LMAO! You're not in Kansas anymore Toto but at least you have the FREEDOM to throw away your vote if you want, that is until some lib comes around and takes it away from you eventually..
He WAS winning in votes, you Puppet! If you would have turned off your TV for a while and quit listening to the liars on the major networks you might have seen the truth. You are totally clueless as to what really happened in so many precincts all over the country. Finally, the establishment politicians won out with the help of the media, which is run by government and large corporations, who would have no part of an honest, fiscal conservative in the White House.

SE Michigan

#10093 Oct 23, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! You libs ALWAYS choose what is right and wrong and right is always what YOU say it is. I could say that you don't know what a healthy ecosystem is in New Mexico when it comes to coyotes and deer also. I would rather see swans here than grackles.
How do grackles hurt you? You don't even know which ones you have there.

SE Michigan

#10094 Oct 23, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>That is good stuff. Too bad all of those people complied in the end.
Where do you get that they complied?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10095 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
"Yes, and we will miss out on all the opportunities the kids have nowadays."
Which aren't many. I won't miss being told I can't drink soda or eat trans fats. But hey, at least they'll learn at a young age what a strip search at an airport is like.
I will give you credit, at least you are consistent. If it is one thing I have learned about libs is that they always have negative attitudes, naysayers, gloom and doomers. You should move to New Mexico, we drink whatever we want, we eat whatever we want and there are no strip searches down here. You should really save some money and apply for a visa so you can come and visit the United States of America. Every generation says the same thing about the next generation, it's human nature. I really feel sorry for you, it appears you live a very, very sad life outside of birding which you seem to enjoy..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10096 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
He WAS winning in votes, you Puppet! If you would have turned off your TV for a while and quit listening to the liars on the major networks you might have seen the truth. You are totally clueless as to what really happened in so many precincts all over the country. Finally, the establishment politicians won out with the help of the media, which is run by government and large corporations, who would have no part of an honest, fiscal conservative in the White House.
Yes and I have some Ocean Front property to sell you here in New Mexico as soon as you obtain your Visitors Visa..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10097 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Where do you get that they complied?
They were not allowed to depart until their citizenship was ascertained. We have a couple of those checkpoints down here, you should come and visit..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10098 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
How do grackles hurt you? You don't even know which ones you have there.
I never said they hurt me. I don't know which caterpillars I have here either..
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#10099 Oct 24, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and we will miss out on all the opportunities the kids have nowadays. Technology is advancing so rapidly I can only imagine how this planet will be 100 years from now. That is if the liberals don't destroy everything first.. and we will miss out on all the opportunities the kids have nowadays. Technology is advancing so rapidly I can only imagine how this planet will be 100 years from now. That is if the liberals don't destroy everything first..
Really Im past 60 an I have the exact same access to the technology as the younger folks. As a matter of fact since Im over sixty I can attend any college or higher learning school in the state tuition free. The only future those young folks face is to be subjects of the NWO. The USA is in decline. Today is as good as it gets. Tomorrow will be worse. Myself I have pretty much quit. The government regulations red tape and taxes where just too big a pain in the ass. I gave my children and look at any third world country. within ten years the USA will be the same. Until there are more making producers and fewer taking parasites things for a working person will be worse. Back when I owned 300 cars. I would buy the junkers at the car auctions. No dealers licence required just pay cash. I would junk some and use the parts to fix others up. I had cars for sale everywhere leave a lot them at a gas station. Tell the station owner I need x amount of dollars everything over that is yours. give them the title and shake hands. folks had jobs and could afford more than two cars. Most familys only the husband worked. And they did more than just get by they thrived & progressed. Its very rare for a family to have only one parent working now. And even with two bread winners they barely scrape by. The US American dream is dying withering on the vine. very soon we will look back and wish we had the Robust (in comparison) economy we had on Oct. 24 2013 . I gave my children grandchildren all of My Mini storage and sales lot property. And they cant make very much on paid for established buisnesses. The tax people insurance and utility parasites take over half of the gross revenue. Then there is maintaince and office expences to boot. The middle class is going extinct. Yes a few of the younger folks will excel and make it big. By and large most will live at poverty level. They are to be saddled with the great amount of debt that is currently being amassed. You don't need to imagine about 100 years. Just take a look at where we will be in ten years.The USA will just be another third world country governed by the NWO. In the years most of the rabid gun toting patriot,s will not be a deterrent. The NWO will have free rein.
A parent

Melbourne, AR

#10100 Oct 24, 2013
You all are dumb.

SE Michigan

#10102 Oct 24, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I will give you credit, at least you are consistent. If it is one thing I have learned about libs is that they always have negative attitudes, naysayers, gloom and doomers. You should move to New Mexico, we drink whatever we want, we eat whatever we want and there are no strip searches down here. You should really save some money and apply for a visa so you can come and visit the United States of America. Every generation says the same thing about the next generation, it's human nature. I really feel sorry for you, it appears you live a very, very sad life outside of birding which you seem to enjoy..
According to your own definition, you can see that I am no lib.(Not that there's anything wrong with being one)

What I have learned over the years is that people have lots of different political viewpoints, regardless of party affiliation...which is actually meaningless in a country where both parties are one in the same. Kinda like you and your spouse...together you are "one," but you are total opposites when compared to each other. Unless your spouse is a man, of course.

Yes, I am consistent. I don't change opinions depending on who my audience is.... Unless new facts are brought to my attention and that gives me a reason to change. I am always willing to look at facts when they are presented....are you?

Anyone who knows me knows what a positive attitude I have. But having a positive attitude doesn't mean I can't see the truth and speak the truth.

Yes, most young people have an opportunity to have a bright, wonderful future. But that opportunity doesn't change the fact about what's going on with our elected politicians tearing down the Constitution. That is the one thing that threatens what their future will be like.

SE Michigan

#10103 Oct 24, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>They were not allowed to depart until their citizenship was ascertained. We have a couple of those checkpoints down here, you should come and visit..
Maybe I missed something, but none of those people answered the question to the guards satisfaction. The border guards gave up because they knew there wasn't a thing that they could do about it.

SE Michigan

#10104 Oct 24, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I never said they hurt me. I don't know which caterpillars I have here either..
Oh, I get it. The big outdoors man/hunter/camper/fisherman/su rvivalist doesn't know anything about anything that can be found in the wild. Too funny.

SE Michigan

#10106 Oct 24, 2013
A parent wrote:
You all are dumb.
An educated person like you has nothing substantial to share?

Since: Jun 13

Oklahoma City, OK

#10107 Oct 24, 2013
<quoted text>
An educated person like you has nothing substantial to share?
It knows how to reproduce! Don't antagonize it!

SE Michigan

#10108 Oct 24, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
It knows how to reproduce! Don't antagonize it!
Things aren't always as they appear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 8 min Glenn Camel 30,773
Brian Humphries 6 hr Looking for old f... 1
anna morgan platt 9 hr stopdatho 1
Poll greg anders - do you hate me (May '10) 10 hr Real Greg 17
Todd Moody Capital Murder (Apr '14) 10 hr Cookie 22
Sheriff car, Mt Holly Rd 12 hr interested 29
union county jail roster 13 hr Grigori 22

Flood Warning for Union County was issued at March 29 at 9:08PM CDT

El Dorado Dating
Find my Match